20/09/20

The daily chat room.
showa58taro
Administrator

20/09/20

Post by showa58taro »

New day, new chat. Although football day do maybe not one for chatting.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: 20/09/20

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Pretty lazy day so far. Just watching some youtube. Should look into how I can hook up my Gamecube to the 4k tv, because it didn't have the same ports. Had a massive itch to play some Zelda Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

They sound like fun games. I’ve been playing some Nintendo games with the kids lately. Nintendo do great fun games for home play for sure. :)
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

very lazy day I got up did a few things around the place took a shower put on pj's now relaxing with a movie
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Sounds nice. Girls finally back to school tomorrow after a week off. Finally got COVID test results. Took 71.5 hours so technically in their 72 hour window. Just. :D
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

showa58taro wrote:Sounds nice. Girls finally back to school tomorrow after a week off. Finally got COVID test results. Took 71.5 hours so technically in their 72 hour window. Just. :D
wow that's a long wait.. kinda of ridiculous tbh
hopefully all are well... my oldest is still suffering the effects of the virus. It's been very hard on her
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Lunachic wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Sounds nice. Girls finally back to school tomorrow after a week off. Finally got COVID test results. Took 71.5 hours so technically in their 72 hour window. Just. :D
wow that's a long wait.. kinda of ridiculous tbh
hopefully all are well... my oldest is still suffering the effects of the virus. It's been very hard on her
Ceri still can’t smell things so the smell and taste symptoms seem to gave done a number on her. The other symptoms generally have subsided. But yeah, the UK testing and response is awful at the minute. Testing slow and getting a test really hard, and cases are back on the rise as we have idiots trying to protest masks and lockdowns. But the latest is a £50,000 fine for breaking lockdown if you test positive which just means people won’t get tested if their livelihood is at stake.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

harsh punishment seems to be the only way to force people to be responsible
wish we had some serious fines here
I read that in Indonesia they have people who have been caught not wearing masks dig graves for covid victims
this I can support
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It sounds satisfying but doesn’t address the issue. Some are likely idiots for idiots sake but some genuinely risk losing their livelihood. No effort is my add to assess that aspect.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

I totally understand that this punishment is not the answer but I have a deep hope if people see the thousands of graves it could hit them in the heart ... but I really don't know I have lost a lot of faith in the cult of 45 and if they chose to not mask up it's the many innocents they infect that I worry about
My honest opinion .. I love my neighbors I love America I wear a mask because I love you and I want you to live even if you don't love me because I refuse to follow a murderer ... I love you strangers and all and if I was responsible for killing someone I could never live with myself
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

I just found out that a third classmate killed himself. I was in a class of around 30, so 10% of my class has died by suicide (one may have been suicide by cop, that's still not completely clear.)

I ripped off the band-aid and laid out my own struggles with suicidal thoughts and put my phone number in the chat as an option for any of them that may be struggling and wants to talk to someone that gets it. Was both terrifying and freeing, but it's out there now, so here's hoping it helps someone. These are the first people in my real life outside of Mark to know about this aspect of me and some of them are friends with my relatives and in contact with my mom, so I'm absolutely terrified of one of them outing me to her and her freaking the fuck out on me for making her look like a bad parent by daring to have mental health issues. Fun times.

But damn, man, two of the three I never saw coming and it sucks, they were really good guys.

So, I'm going to put it here too, if anyone needs someone to talk to, especially in the middle of the night, about thoughts on suicide or just general struggles, reach out to me at Angela830103 at Gmail dot com, my phone alerts me to emails on that account and I'll send you my phone number through there or we can talk via email if you prefer. Just be safe and reach out before acting impulsively.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

That’s a lovely offer, Dream. And well done for speaking up about it, absolutely the right thing to do.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

showa58taro wrote:That’s a lovely offer, Dream. And well done for speaking up about it, absolutely the right thing to do.
What he said.