September 28th 2020

The daily chat room.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

September 28th 2020

Post by Tiggnutz »

My first film of this years Challenge will be Monster Party (2018). I can't get enough Erin Moriarty so this will be an awesome new watch no matter how bad it is.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: September 28th 2020

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Just got to deal with a tow company that decided to sneak into our complex between 12am and 8am, stole Alli's car, claiming it was authorized by the office (which is closed at 5pm and doesn't open until 9am). Thankfully the new management went to bat for us and tore into them, so we didn't have to pay anything to get the car back. They just tried to scam us. Alli had a guest pass tag on her car as she waited to get the proper paperwork for the permanent pass, but the towthieves decided that "oh, that guest pass is past due because we say so, hook'em!"

Ugh.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Pretty certain that tow company may not be our official tow company anymore soon :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Looks like I may have won a free DVD copy of The Devil's Candy off a Twitter giveaway. Good times.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Pretty certain that tow company may not be our official tow company anymore soon :P
Wow! That's some fucked up shit.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Extra details, apparently the authorization was via security guard, who the management is going to talk to now because there are others with temp passes. However, we still got the car back without having to pay, and everything was in the same condition. Her parents were pissed too, her step dad is a big guy and was chewing the tow truck driver out when they picked up the car.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Extra details, apparently the authorization was via security guard, who the management is going to talk to now because there are others with temp passes. However, we still got the car back without having to pay, and everything was in the same condition. Her parents were pissed too, her step dad is a big guy and was chewing the tow truck driver out when they picked up the car.
Huge scam with some of these Apartment complexes security guards and tow companies .. My car was towed while I was visiting my Uncle.. I thought it was stolen for a hot second because I parked in a designated guest parking spot.. this was 9 pm.... my car was gone by 10:30pm
long story short ( many complaints filed) the tow company released my car. Everytime I visited my uncle a car was being towed... I had to go to a fucking lot that had a small trailer on a generator to get my car.. in a really bad part of SA I did not want them to tow my car back to me because of the damage it can cause to cars etc... I hate scammers. That security guard was getting cash money from tow driver for every single tow.. he was fired and I filed a complaint against him and the Apartment complex and the Tow company Trinity Towing ... rotten bastards
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

Tried watching the Golden Glove the other night .. it's gritty filthy and vile
German movie I think made in the early 70's about a real serial killer area of Humburg I think .. I got half way in and took a break it was a lot to take in
Didn't seem like acting it was almost documentary style
I finished it the last night and it was numbing wow what a movie
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Tiggnutz wrote:My first film of this years Challenge will be Monster Party (2018). I can't get enough Erin Moriarty so this will be an awesome new watch no matter how bad it is.
Actually, that turned out to be pretty enjoyable. Think of it as Ready or Not with Serial Killers.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Also, I watched the trailer for The Craft: Legacy and it looks horrible.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Havok wrote:Also, I watched the trailer for The Craft: Legacy and it looks horrible.
yep
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I do have one "must watch", and that is Doctor Sleep. Gonna watch it Thursday night.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jmac Attack wrote:I do have one "must watch", and that is Doctor Sleep. Gonna watch it Thursday night.
Definitely gonna do a Shining/Doctor Sleep back to back during the challenge.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

I'm not one for watching debates, but this Trump/Biden is already on fire.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Jmac Attack wrote:I do have one "must watch", and that is Doctor Sleep. Gonna watch it Thursday night.
I liked it more than The Shining.