Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:Definitely think Biden came across as the more sympathetic and honest.
Sympathetic, probably. He was out to lunch all debate. His fumblings are a problem.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Definitely think Biden came across as the more sympathetic and honest.
Sympathetic, probably. He was out to lunch all debate. His fumblings are a problem.
“Proud Boys — Stand back, stand by, but I’ll tell you what, somebody’s got to do something about Antifa and the left because this is not right-wing problem..... This is a left wing problem."

How do you explain that quote though? Are you not at least like "yeah, that was kind of fucked up!" Because it really really was and a low point for the president.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

He’s a racist whose messaging resonates with racists. This is all a waste of time.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Didn't waste time with the debate. Proudly voting for Howie Hawkins. Both Biden and Trump can go fuck themselves.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It’s interesting to see as I really think there was no contest as to who did better. I can recall several actual policies brought forward by Biden. I can recall actual comebacks from the clown line, the wrong turn suburb line, the worst President ever line, the poorer, weaker line, and the shut up line from Biden. Trump I recall his weird university dig and the proud boys call to send lune but otherwise it was just irritating noise and rudeness. Crucially I don’t think any undecideds would have moved to trump because if it. I don’t doubt his base loved him shouting lies and interrupting, that’s almost certainly the expectation but it’s not winning many hearts and minds.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

In a normal year, I think people would talk about how shaky Biden was. It’s not always easy for Joe to string together coherent thoughts for minutes at a time. But Trump is happy to make a mockery of everything around him m and make Biden look good simply for not acting like a scumbag.

Trump mocking drug addiction and Biden responding with empathy is something that struck me. There are a lot of towns all over the country whose historical local economies have long dried up and have been overrun by drugs, especially opioids. Was a disgusting attack for Trump to look for an opportunity to take a dig at someone’s drug problems. A lot of people will hopefully see through that. He has exactly zero concern for the lives of Americans. Soldiers, COVID victims, drug addicts. All losers to Trump.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I think Biden did well enough where he could. It’s impossible to be coherent with that much disruption. But aside from his rightful anger about soldiers Biden came across as calm and level headed to me, which was the opposite of what Trump wanted. Basically felt like he never took the bait Trump kept trying for.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

It looked like 2 people who should in no conceivable way be running for anything embarrassing themselves for an hour and a half. Anyone who thinks their guy won should be ashamed.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:It looked like 2 people who should in no conceivable way be running for anything embarrassing themselves for an hour and a half. Anyone who thinks their guy won should be ashamed.
America lost tonight. Every American should be ashamed and embarrassed. The whole world was watching, and we look like fools.

Biden wasnt that good, but let's be honest, Trumps Proud Boy comment is one of the worst things I've ever heard.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:
“Proud Boys — Stand back, stand by, but I’ll tell you what, somebody’s got to do something about Antifa and the left because this is not right-wing problem..... This is a left wing problem."

How do you explain that quote though? Are you not at least like "yeah, that was kind of fucked up!" Because it really really was and a low point for the president.
He told them to stand down. Everyone knows the real problem is Antifa, who are looting and murdering people. He wasn't the least bit incorrect. Antifa is clearly THE problem when it comes to violence.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:

He told them to stand down. Everyone knows the real problem is Antifa, who are looting and murdering people. He wasn't the least bit incorrect. Antifa is clearly THE problem when it comes to violence.
I see them every Wednesday downtown with their filth. The BLM people now do their get togethers online. They stopped doing it in person after the first time because of those fuckwads waving their AKs around at them. Now Proud Boys are using his words as a slogan. They seem to be taking his words exactly how I heard them. But you must have some magic logic that most of us dont have, I guess.

He said to stand down and to stand by. What the fuck is wrong with you if you dont know or cant comprehend what that means. Lmao. Its plain as day.

It could have been the easiest fucking answer for him to give. It is disgusting and no American should be cool with his words.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:It looked like 2 people who should in no conceivable way be running for anything embarrassing themselves for an hour and a half. Anyone who thinks their guy won should be ashamed.
BS false equivalency here. Biden wasn’t good but Trump was 100x worse.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

If you’re looking at this with any sort of objectivity, Trump made a mockery of the debate and it’s his fault it got so off the rails. If they can’t turn mics off when the other person is speaking, Biden should not agree to any more debates. Trump was a fucking child, interrupting everything Joe said, spewing constant lies, taking family shots. It was a complete embarrassment and anyone trying to “both sides” this in a way that underplays how awful Trump was...we see you.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

And there should be no confusion about Trump and his association with these right wing groups. He fully supports their bigotry and encourages it at every turn. He wants them to be good little soldiers for him and “guard the polls”, ala Cicero, Illinois in the 1920s. Classic America: minorities being intimidated at the polling place.

You’re either with the aspiring fascist and his little armies of racist losers, or you’re against them. No middle ground there.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:

I see them every Wednesday downtown with their filth. The BLM people now do their get togethers online. They stopped doing it in person after the first time because of those fuckwads waving their AKs around at them. Now Proud Boys are using his words as a slogan. They seem to be taking his words exactly how I heard them. But you must have some magic logic that most of us dont have, I guess.

He said to stand down and to stand by. What the fuck is wrong with you if you dont know or cant comprehend what that means. Lmao. Its plain as day.

It could have been the easiest fucking answer for him to give. It is disgusting and no American should be cool with his words.
First off, the leader of the Proud Boys isn't even white. Lmao. So Chris Wallace name dropping them as a white supremacist group with members of every race was hilarious. Trump's only flub was when Wallace's question to him addressed Trump about Charlottesville and saying something he never said about it, but Wallace quickly followed it up with other nonsense, so Trump was unable to address it all. That was his weakest moment. He won the debate, but not by a landslide or anything. This has always been my issue with Trump and debates. His only pass I give him is that it's always 2 against 1. Biden wouldn't condemn actual murderers in BLM and Antifa. And instead he and Wallace talked about non existent white supremacist groups as if they're out targeting blacks or something. That's the real shit you should be focusing on.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:And there should be no confusion about Trump and his association with these right wing groups. He fully supports their bigotry and encourages it at every turn. He wants them to be good little soldiers for him and “guard the polls”, ala Cicero, Illinois in the 1920s. Classic America: minorities being intimidated at the polling place.

You’re either with the aspiring fascist and his little armies of racist losers, or you’re against them. No middle ground there.
LMAO. White people at poll stations across America were intimidated by black people at the 2008 and 2012 elections and nobody cared. Now all of a sudden when it becomes a false narrative against the other platform is when people finally bat an eye? Lulzy
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:And there should be no confusion about Trump and his association with these right wing groups. He fully supports their bigotry and encourages it at every turn. He wants them to be good little soldiers for him and “guard the polls”, ala Cicero, Illinois in the 1920s. Classic America: minorities being intimidated at the polling place.

LMAO. White people at poll stations across America were intimidated by black people at the 2008 and 2012 elections and nobody cared. Now all of a sudden when it becomes a false narrative against the other platform is when people finally bat an eye? Lulzy
Were these white people "intimidated" because these black individuals had guns, or were they "intimidated" because they're racist and are always scared of black people, regardless of what the black people are doing?

Either way, I'll need proof your this claim.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:

Were these white people "intimidated" because these black individuals had guns, or were they "intimidated" because they're racist and are always scared of black people, regardless of what the black people are doing?

It was random black people at random poll stations claiming to be members of the Black Panthers. They'd see people with McCain or Romney hats and guard the polls if the people happened to be white.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2010 ... imidation/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Poll watchers have existed forever. Anyone pretending Trump is sending them out is an idiot. Especially when they say he's sending them to intimidate Biden voters. Nobody relevant is voting for that guy.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:

It was random black people at random poll stations claiming to be members of the Black Panthers. They'd see people with McCain or Romney hats and guard the polls if the people happened to be white.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2010 ... imidation/
Interesting. I guess my next inquiry would be how wide-spread it was. Because obviously, anyone threatening or making voters feel threatened with weapons should, at the very least, be forced to leave, but if it happened only at twenty polling stations throughout the country (if I recall, I think the New Black Panther Party is pretty small, and already has some fracturing in it), then only time will tell if it's comparable.