The Priorities of Black Lives Matter?

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: The Priorities of Black Lives Matter?

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:What in the blue fuck are all you guys on about? A couple of stoned douchebag young thugs watched, laughed and filmed a dude die in a pond. The only commentary to be had is our new nature of posting everything on social media. Guaranteed everyone associated with those fucks is embarrassed and sickened. This isn't a racial issue, it's a douchebag little fuck issue.
I mean...you see the title of the thread right? I was not gonna sit on that nonsense.
I guess I didn't want to see you so easily roped in on that.
Sooo..the problem is my response and not the troll bait slander message of the thread? All good until I point out some BS? I don't get that but alright.
I didn't say you were the problem. I think you're all fucked. :mrgreen:
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: The Priorities of Black Lives Matter

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Fun fact: "but wut about black-on-black crime" was the second question ever posed on the internet, after "did that kid stick his finger up the dog's ass?"
The underlying idea behind "but wut about black on black crime"?: if members of your community commit crimes, nobody in the community is entitled to respectful treatment by law enforcement.
I would think the underlying idea is why is black on black crime universally ignored? Has nothing to do with white people or police really. Black Lives Matter is a group of bigots with a catchy name nothing else.
It isn't universally ignored, you and others just assume it is.

Easier to accept being ignorant than learn, I get it.
Is it nice there in fantasy land? Thousands of blacks are murdered by other blacks for every one killed by anyone else including cops. Which one do you hear about most? Thats ignorance.
It is nice there on Bullshit Island where you pretend nothing is done abut that issue? Also, again we reach a logical fork in the road: the idea that black people are not entitled to voice their concerns about equal protection under the law if members of their community commit crimes. Explain to me why black-on-black crime existing makes it fair to sweep police issues under the rug?

Not sure you can speak on ignorance after calling BLM "a group of bigots with a catchy name". Tough to top that one.
No different than everyone would call a group of whites who proudly say they work toward the empowerment and validity of white lives only. The masses would be horrified and you would probably see Black Lives Matter first in line to condem them.
You're one of those people who interpreted "Black Lives Matter" as "Only Black Lives Matter" instead of "Black Lives Matter Too" huh? Internalizing the message in every which way you can find it offensive.

Also, why be dishonest and pretend it would be the same as a white nationalist movement? It wouldn't be, that's completely ridiculous and not comparable at all for so many obvious reasons.
Ive never heard mention of the value of others lives from them. I have heard them boo the mention of all lives matter though so you can understand my confusion.
Saying "All Lives Matter" in response to BLM is like going to the doctor with a broken collarbone and the doctor says "Well, why focus on the collarbone? All bones matter." It's nothing more than feigned ignorance. The only people who believe that the phrase "Black Lives Matter" is offensive are TRYING to be offended.

Okay so if they don't care about anyone but themselves, why has BLM shown up to protest the police killings of whites and Latinos as well? Are they just posturing to divert attention, in your mind?

No actually I can't understand your confusion, not even a little bit. It's not confusion when you intentionally sabotage your ability to naturally perceive a group you decide you want to hate.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Fun fact: "but wut about black-on-black crime" was the second question ever posed on the internet, after "did that kid stick his finger up the dog's ass?"
The underlying idea behind "but wut about black on black crime"?: if members of your community commit crimes, nobody in the community is entitled to respectful treatment by law enforcement.
I would think the underlying idea is why is black on black crime universally ignored? Has nothing to do with white people or police really. Black Lives Matter is a group of bigots with a catchy name nothing else.

Is it nice there in fantasy land? Thousands of blacks are murdered by other blacks for every one killed by anyone else including cops. Which one do you hear about most? Thats ignorance.
It is nice there on Bullshit Island where you pretend nothing is done abut that issue? Also, again we reach a logical fork in the road: the idea that black people are not entitled to voice their concerns about equal protection under the law if members of their community commit crimes. Explain to me why black-on-black crime existing makes it fair to sweep police issues under the rug?

Not sure you can speak on ignorance after calling BLM "a group of bigots with a catchy name". Tough to top that one.
No different than everyone would call a group of whites who proudly say they work toward the empowerment and validity of white lives only. The masses would be horrified and you would probably see Black Lives Matter first in line to condem them.
You're one of those people who interpreted "Black Lives Matter" as "Only Black Lives Matter" instead of "Black Lives Matter Too" huh? Internalizing the message in every which way you can find it offensive.

Also, why be dishonest and pretend it would be the same as a white nationalist movement? It wouldn't be, that's completely ridiculous and not comparable at all for so many obvious reasons.
Ive never heard mention of the value of others lives from them. I have heard them boo the mention of all lives matter though so you can understand my confusion.
Saying "All Lives Matter" in response to BLM is like going to the doctor with a broken collarbone and the doctor says "Well, why focus on the collarbone? All bones matter." It's nothing more than feigned ignorance. The only people who believe that the phrase "Black Lives Matter" is offensive are TRYING to be offended.

Okay so if they don't care about anyone but themselves, why has BLM shown up to protest the police killings of whites and Latinos as well? Are they just posturing to divert attention, in your mind?

No actually I can't understand your confusion, not even a little bit. It's not confusion when you intentionally sabotage your ability to naturally perceive a group you decide you want to hate.
Isnt all lives matter the only logical point of view? Has any other way ever led to anything other than anger and misery.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Does anyone have an argument against blacks wanting a more responsible and fair criminal justice system, in a vaccuum? One that doesn't involve suggesting they're not entitled to it because members of the community kill each other?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote: Saying "All Lives Matter" in response to BLM is like going to the doctor with a broken collarbone and the doctor says "Well, why focus on the collarbone? All bones matter." It's nothing more than feigned ignorance. The only people who believe that the phrase "Black Lives Matter" is offensive are TRYING to be offended.
And people thought Foo's analogies were shit? Some saying all lives matter might be those that don't fucking see color, that we're all human beings. If a bone is broke, that is the one the doc is gonna fix. Oh wait, because all bones are white... Black Lives Matters offends because it has too much loud mouth racist whiny tits, those are the ones mainly shown. The movement in itself could be fine.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

Isnt all lives matter the only logical point of view? Has any other way ever led to anything other than anger and misery.
"All Lives Matter" in this case is nothing more than a dishonest BS deflection. Again, if you go to a doctor with a broken collarbone, how much good does it do for him to point out all your bones matter? Great, how about fixing the collarbone, since that one matters too!

This country essentially ran on a principle of "ONLY White Lives Matter" for centuries. You're really upset that people have the conviction to argue that "Black Lives Matter TOO"? I'm sorry, but...what?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote: Saying "All Lives Matter" in response to BLM is like going to the doctor with a broken collarbone and the doctor says "Well, why focus on the collarbone? All bones matter." It's nothing more than feigned ignorance. The only people who believe that the phrase "Black Lives Matter" is offensive are TRYING to be offended.
And people thought Foo's analogies were shit? Some saying all lives matter might be those that don't fucking see color, that we're all human beings. If a bone is broke, that is the one the doc is gonna fix. Oh wait, because all bones are white... Black Lives Matters offends because it has too much loud mouth racist whiny tits, those are the ones mainly shown. The movement in itself could be fine.
Who are these people who don't see color? How do they manage at street lights?

If your response to "Black Lives Matter" is "All Lives Matter", your goal is to undermine BLM, nothing else. Don't be so naive. It's deflectionary bullshit. There's no legitimate reason that's a response to someone who is arguing that black lives should be valued. None.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Interesting that you find it reasonable for people to trash the entire movement based on a vocal racist few. Are you also okay with people trashing your conservative ideology based on the racist, hate-filled views of a chunk of that base?

See, this is what it really comes down to. When you don't want a group's message to be heard, you will judge them on their worst members alone.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

"My house has been broken into."

"Yeah, okay...and what about your neighbor's house?"

"Uh...I don't know..."

"ALL houses matter, what's the difference?."

:lol:
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

This is the context in which All Lives Matter is appropriate:

"Only black lives matter."

"No, all lives matter."

Notice the difference? "All lives matter" is an appropriate response to attempts at exclusion. It's not an appropriate response to attempts at inclusion, which is what "BLM" is.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

If your response to "Black Lives Matter" is "All Lives Matter", your goal is to undermine BLM, nothing else. Don't be so naive. It's deflectionary bullshit. There's no legitimate reason that's a response to someone who is arguing that black lives should be valued. None.
Oh good fuck. I know you are used to talking to Jason in here, but seriously?

Because if a person is wronged, whether it is through murder, rape, theft etc. it's all the same fucked-up-ness. I have 0 intention to undermine BLM, it's just a label game I don't play.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

Oh good fuck. I know you are used to talking to Jason in here, but seriously?

Because if a person is wronged, whether it is through murder, rape, theft etc. it's all the same fucked-up-ness. I have 0 intention to undermine BLM, it's just a label game I don't play.
No, honestly, dude. What is the point of the "I don't see color" thing when it's blatantly untrue. As if it's impossible to treat everyone equally while acknowledging we're not all the same skin color...

Come on man, you are playing the same game Tigg did earlier. BLM does not mean "ONLY black lives matter", it means Black Lives Matter as well. That's been explained enough times already, there's nothing offensive about the name at all. Also, why pretend there hasn't been a culture of contentious interaction between law enforcement and the black community since post-Civil War when cops were locking up freed homeless slaves all over the South for "loitering" and sent them back to the fields. That doesn't mean police brutality/militarization isn't its own topic independent of racial divisions, but the racial element exists whether you want to acknowledge it or not. So the actions of the fucked-upness might not make any difference to you, but the context matters.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

"All Lives Matter" in this case is nothing more than a dishonest BS deflection. Again, if you go to a doctor with a broken collarbone, how much good does it do for him to point out all your bones matter? Great, how about fixing the collarbone, since that one matters too!

This country essentially ran on a principle of "ONLY White Lives Matter" for centuries. You're really upset that people have the conviction to argue that "Black Lives Matter TOO"? I'm sorry, but...what?
Well i guess this takes us back to the beginning of the thread. We see different things. When i see BLM marching through Baltimore or Chicago protesting the ever growing body counts maybe i will change my opinion. I wouldnt hold my breath though.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

And this may come as some surprise but I really don't like BLM all that much. They've done some things well, others not so much and there actually are a lot of angles to criticize their work from. Just doesn't mean we need misinformation and right-wing propaganda spread about them on here confusing the masses.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

Well i guess this takes us back to the beginning of the thread. We see different things. When i see BLM marching through Baltimore or Chicago protesting the ever growing body counts maybe i will change my opinion. I wouldnt hold my breath though.
Why is it wrong for the black community to want equal protection and justice under the law as well as safer policing just because members of their community are violent? The black-on-black argument continues to make no sense and dehumanize blacks.

Imagine being a responsible upstanding black citizen going to school, working a lot and some white dude tells you your entire community hasn't earned the right to seek fair treatment and appropriate justice because some hoods you don't even know are killing each other. Makes nooooo sense and is actually counterintuitive.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Headhunter wrote:"Black people kill each other a lot. This totally justifies the idea that they should stop demanding equal protection under the law. Clearly they don't deserve it until they stop committing crimes"
Remember, this is the rabbit hole the common "black-on-black crime" argument leads to. You are saying that police should not be held to a higher standard than criminals. You are also suggesting that we shouldn't put any value on black lives ended by the state as a consequence of the prevalence of black-on-black violence. It's not genuinely arguing that black-on-black murder is important as much as it is arguing that incidents of blacks killed by the police are NOT important. It incidentally ends up being an argument that black lives, in fact, don't matter.

Full circle. :P
Last edited by Headhunter on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

In fact, the prevalence of black-on-black urban crime has contributed to that dehumanization where people, including black people, aren't as affected to seeing/hearing about black bodies because they have so much exposure to it that it becomes numbing. And that extends to how people would feel hearing about black victims of police encounters. BLM activists haven't been ignoring black-on-black crime, but even if they were, so was everyone else so why single them out?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

Why is it wrong for the black community to want equal protection and justice under the law as well as safer policing just because members of their community are violent? The black-on-black argument continues to make no sense and dehumanize blacks.

Imagine being a responsible upstanding black citizen going to school, working a lot and some white dude tells you your entire community hasn't earned the right to seek fair treatment and appropriate justice because some hoods you don't even know are killing each other. Makes nooooo sense and is actually counterintuitive.
I am with you 100% in that i worry about innocent citizens of minority communities not being treated fairly in this country. If whites were slaughtering whites at the rate that minorities do things would of been done to help.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: The Priorities of Black Lives Matt

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

I am with you 100% in that i worry about innocent citizens of minority communities not being treated fairly in this country. If whites were slaughtering whites at the rate that minorities do things would of been done to help.
Just to piggyback on that, it's interesting how the current opioid crisis which predominantly affects white people has been treated as a nationwide health issue with political sympathy while the old crack epidemic that predominantly affected black people was treated as a nationwide crime issue with political disdain. People get annoyed here when I throw the "race card" but historically it's been a stacked deck.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: The Priorities of Black Lives Matt

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

Just to piggyback on that, it's interesting how the current opioid crisis which predominantly affects white people has been treated as a nationwide health issue with political sympathy while the old crack epidemic that predominantly affected black people was treated as a nationwide crime issue with political disdain. People get annoyed here when I throw the "race card" but historically it's been a stacked deck.
Valid point