October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Gonna get laundry together and going, but I'm thinking today: Howling-Thon
flyingspider

Post by flyingspider »

Mesa of Lost Women..going slow now..this is another one of those that I have to push myself the last 20 minutes to get through...sigh. :|
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

New watch All Hallows Eve
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Now onto Howling II: Stirba - Werewolf Bitch
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Now for Crazy Ralph's favorite of the pack, Howling III :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Well, Silent House (2011) was interesting, anyways.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Going with Coma from 1978. Haven't really heard much about this, but it has Michael Douglas, who's been in very few horror films, so I'm interested.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jigsaw wrote:Going with Coma from 1978. Haven't really heard much about this, but it has Michael Douglas, who's been in very few horror films, so I'm interested.
Huh, closest I can think of has been Fatal Attraction and The Ghost & The Darkness. Maybe the latter still counts but I don't think anyone counts FA.

But yeah, I can't think of anything else he's done that comes close to horror off the top of my head.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Going with Coma from 1978. Haven't really heard much about this, but it has Michael Douglas, who's been in very few horror films, so I'm interested.
Huh, closest I can think of has been Fatal Attraction and The Ghost & The Darkness. Maybe the latter still counts but I don't think anyone counts FA.

But yeah, I can't think of anything else he's done that comes close to horror off the top of my head.
He wasn't the star, but there was an early 1970's TV horror film When Michael Calls he was in (I've not seen it, but it's been on my radar). Apparently he also pops up in both Flatliners and it's remake - I'm not sure if those count as horror, nor do I know how big his role was in either, but I just noticed that on IMDb.

So far Coma in quite the mysterious film. Sort of excited to see where this is going.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

well i intended he's out there to be a new watch. but i think i've seen this before. apparently it's completely forgettable, even with help from yvonne strahovski. oh well.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:well i intended he's out there to be a new watch. but i think i've seen this before. apparently it's completely forgettable, even with help from yvonne strahovski. oh well.
Bummer when that happens.

I'm not sure how bullet-headed I'll be the rest of the month. I know I'm trying to conquer 62 werewolf movies, that'll pretty much be my primary goal for now. I'm sure I'll get other regulars squeezed in, like Halloween series, Night of the Demons, etc.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote:well i intended he's out there to be a new watch. but i think i've seen this before. apparently it's completely forgettable, even with help from yvonne strahovski. oh well.
Bummer when that happens.

I'm not sure how bullet-headed I'll be the rest of the month. I know I'm trying to conquer 62 werewolf movies, that'll pretty much be my primary goal for now. I'm sure I'll get other regulars squeezed in, like Halloween series, Night of the Demons, etc.
yeah, i'm thinking i'm gonna try to go mostly for favorites from here.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

The Invisible Man (2020)
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I need to get back to watching movies. Between job interviews, being in the studio, band practice, helping Amber with her cleaning business.....I've just been exhausted.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Monster wrote:The Invisible Man (2020)
That one and Doctor Sleep are ones I really wanna get to. Doctor Sleep, I promised the kiddos I'd watch it with them. Well....they have until Oct 31st or they are shit out of luck lol.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Beyond The Reach could be considered Horror.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Howling: New Moon Rising

Ah yeah lol
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Monster wrote:The Invisible Man (2020)
That one and Doctor Sleep are ones I really wanna get to. Doctor Sleep, I promised the kiddos I'd watch it with them. Well....they have until Oct 31st or they are shit out of luck lol.
lol Invisible Man wasn't mind blowing but better than I expected. Worth watching at least once. Doctor Sleep is pretty damn good.