Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

The Layla montage of these domestic terrorist asshats getting caught/arrested/booted off planes ala Goodfellas going around on twitter was the most delightful thing I saw all weekend. An Ah-nuld's speech was pretty damn good too.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Lol. So the leader of the Proud Boys has been a longtime FBI informant.

That’s just beautiful.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:Lol. So the leader of the Proud Boys has been a longtime FBI informant.

That’s just beautiful.
I just now saw that. Absolutely hysterical.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Another funny thing is his response, "I dont recall that." Lmfao. You dont recall if you were an FBI informant in the early to mid 2010s? People fucking suck these days. That's really making it obvious that he is fucking lying. Rudy G has made this mainstream.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

He also has a long history of grifting .. he like so many others knew Shitler would be their cash cow
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Hope it’s hot down there Rush
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Since this is the only thread that stimulates discussion lets start a new. Who thinks tomorrow Biden remembers he's president?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:Since this is the only thread that stimulates discussion lets start a new. Who thinks tomorrow Biden remembers he's president?
Hey....I've posted recently! I haven't much because I've been busy. Juggling 3 bands right now. Been sober since November 13th. Focusing on my music passion and just been extremely busy.

I've also cut way back on political discussion. I still really like talking about politics in person. Anymore people get their info from memes. We are witnessing Americs slowly being destroyed. Not a Dem or Repub thing. Its everyone.

I do wanna participate in another group sesh soon.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:Who thinks tomorrow Biden remembers he's president?
I've been enjoying the shit out of the Biden, tripping on steps GIFs and memes. Lol
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Yeah he doesn’t know where he is most of the time. But I don’t care if he’s drooling on himself 24/7, his administration has already proven to be 100x more competent than the previous one and has actually done things to help people who are struggling. Count me as pleasantly surprised overall, with the caveat that every president is responsible for horrible shit like drone strikes on innocent people overseas.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

So far whoever is puppeting Bidens demented carcass is doing an A+ job. The vaccine rollout and acceleration, the economic relief package and upcoming infrastructure package and the closure of DJTs awful executive orders are all big wins for me. The press briefings being credible are great. The social media is used only to explain and clearly curated for consistency with policy goals and stated objectives. Jen Psaki calls on and dismantled right wing need questions rather than calling organizations fake news and enemy of the people. And as a bonus lord of the justice department levers are being pulled to clear up the insurrection on 6 Jan.

I also genuinely believe Biden when he talks about loss and grief from the pandemic. It feels like the guy genuinely cares that so many are dying.

All told, great start in my eyes. But also the memes are Really good.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I will hold judgment until I see the ramifications of all these trillion dollar packages. I do believe that it will be the middle class getting fucked most but the carcass has been instructed to say it isn't so let's see.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:I will hold judgment until I see the ramifications of all these trillion dollar packages. I do believe that it will be the middle class getting fucked most but the carcass has been instructed to say it isn't so let's see.
I'm really happy about the infrastructure being addressed. But I havent even read everything. I need to keep up, lol. Like you, I'm cautious until I read it and see what all is in it. Should create a shit ton of jobs. Our infrastructure and health care are fuckung terrible for the best country in the world.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Feel free to withhold judgement, but don’t lose sight of the fact that a lot of the failure remains that not a single Republican seems to want to ever help the American people.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Yeah at this point Republicans have zero interest in helping working people beyond rallying them in their dumb little cultural battles. It’s sad.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

The details of the Bill haven’t been released and already all 50 are saying they won’t support it. That’s not legislating, that’s basically just trolling.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:Feel free to withhold judgement, but don’t lose sight of the fact that a lot of the failure remains that not a single Republican seems to want to ever help the American people.
Trust me, the Republican party can fuck off lol. I still wanna see what's in it.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Who thinks court packing is a good idea? Who thinks this will lead to never ending court packing?
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Tiggnutz wrote:Who thinks court packing is a good idea? Who thinks this will lead to never ending court packing?
Might be an unpopular opinion, but there should be one supreme court justice for each appellate court and the supreme court should be made up of one judge from each of those districts. Those judges should be nominated by fellow judges of those districts, not the president, not congress. Final approval is where congress and the president comes in. Top three or four are pushed forward to the president, they approve two of those, then congress interviews them and votes to confirm one of the two. It should also not be a lifetime appointment. Two decades should be the maximum time a supreme court justice can serve.
Last edited by Dream on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:Who thinks court packing is a good idea? Who thinks this will lead to never ending court packing?
13 judges for 13 circuits just makes sense. Long overdue for expansion.