Recently Watched Movies

You can talk about anything here
JohnBlack

Re: Recently Watched Movies

Post by JohnBlack »

Reign in Blood wrote:So John, can you give us a typical example of what you'd rate a 10, 5, 1 on your scale, to give perspective. Ya see, we have this member who shall remain nameless named Jiggy, who has this impossibly retarded scale when rating movies. So inquiring minds want to know.
2 point system on 5 things in no particular order(leading to a rating out of 10) as ever genre is and should be rated a lil bit differently but generally speaking

Story.. was it good or atrocious? could I relate to it?
Cast.. Performances.. Did I care about the character?(or a particular lead or supporting player(s)) could I relate to any of them??
Setting.. photography. Special effects
Director from Welles tom some relatively unknown underground director. Was he effective?
No 5 did it hold my attention in all those things? the overall picture...I just look at the first four and say did it truly deliver? live up to any hype it may of had...? Big shit goes here.

Now thats when I'm sober...Lmao

As for when I am drinking heavily...? I tend to be a retarded one...and very argumentative prick about it. Like? you'll see its bound to happen but I have learned to REIGN myself in so I don't get to rowdy like Roddy Piper. Basically if I see you hating on stuff I like I will jump right in there and convince you that you are totally wrong in your opinion :lol:
JohnBlack

Post by JohnBlack »

Rust(2015) 7/10
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

JohnBlack wrote: As for when I am drinking heavily...? I tend to be a retarded one...and very argumentative prick about it. Like? you'll see its bound to happen but I have learned to REIGN myself in so I don't get to rowdy like Roddy Piper. Basically if I see you hating on stuff I like I will jump right in there and convince you that you are totally wrong in your opinion :lol:
Why I never... We only have cordial, gentlemanly squabbles here. Now, I just need to find what you dig that I hate and vice versa, let the games begin. :twisted:

FYI, site was basically founded when Freddy vs. Jason came out, the ultimate line in the sand in throwing down your opinion.
JohnBlack

Post by JohnBlack »

Reign in Blood wrote:
JohnBlack wrote: As for when I am drinking heavily...? I tend to be a retarded one...and very argumentative prick about it. Like? you'll see its bound to happen but I have learned to REIGN myself in so I don't get to rowdy like Roddy Piper. Basically if I see you hating on stuff I like I will jump right in there and convince you that you are totally wrong in your opinion :lol:
Why I never... We only have cordial, gentlemanly squabbles here. Now, I just need to find what you dig that I hate and vice versa, let the games begin. :twisted:

FYI, site was basically founded when Freddy vs. Jason came out, the ultimate line in the sand in throwing down your opinion.
Oh shit! feels like I'm in my teens again at the arcade getting fucked up by friends on Mortal Kombat....

Just know I have learneded a few things since...choose your character CAREFULLY...or ELSE...?!?!?! Flawless Victory for ME!! :D

...yeah I got my ASS kicked on the arcades back then A LOT but But BUT you still have been warned. Be Afraid damnit!.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Bloody Hell. Fun film. I can't really say much without spoiling anything, but it's goofy and wild. Definitely worth watching.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Psycho Goreman. Weird film with the absurd knob cranked up. A mix of MMPR and Monster Squad as seen through the eyes of Lloyd Kaufman. The only bad things were the annoying ass girl and the horrible song that comes out of nowhere. Otherwise, it's fun stuff.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Skull

Decent practical effects and gore, has some solid moments and what could've built up to be a crazy finale, but it's all tossed aside for a shitty kidnapped children subplot.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Dark Whispers. Anthology of horror directed by women. The connecting plot is about a woman cleaning out her parents' house when she finds a book, which is where the stories come from. Ok-ish stuff, but there's a guy at the 1:13 mark that is fucking hilarious with how over the top he is.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

The Special. Kinda boring film about a guy sticking his dick in a box. The last few minutes are pretty good, though.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:The Special. Kinda boring film about a guy sticking his dick in a box. The last few minutes are pretty good, though.
:lol: What the fuck?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:The Special. Kinda boring film about a guy sticking his dick in a box. The last few minutes are pretty good, though.
Sold.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Is this the new Justin Timberlake flick?
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Honestly, I thought it would be more fucked up considering it's literally about a guy that starts killing people because he wants to nut in a box. Instead, there's lots of him fucking the box that no one wants to see and attempts at drama from his failing marriage. It was fun to see Mark from Bubble Boy be the voice of reason, though. Here's the trailer if any of you are actually interested.

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Sold.
:lol:
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Saint Maud. Goes about as expected, religious nut goes nutty and all. The last second had me cackling, though. Good psychological thriller, but man, that ending was fucking hilarious.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Reign in Blood wrote:So John, can you give us a typical example of what you'd rate a 10, 5, 1 on your scale, to give perspective. Ya see, we have this member who shall remain nameless named Jiggy, who has this impossibly retarded scale when rating movies. So inquiring minds want to know.
Fuck you brah. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

What happened to remaining nameless!
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

One can only wonder. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The Little Things (HBO Max)

It’s pretty okay. We’re not breaking new ground here, older cop and younger cop chasing down a creepy killer. There’s a lot of Se7en going on here. It’s slow to start and never really gets going until the third act, which was pretty good. The three stars carry the film and they’re all good.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Palm Springs

Wow what a great movie reworking the Groundhog Day formula into something fresh and new. Sweet, funny as hell and asks the big questions about life. My favorite movie I’ve seen in a while
Not removing until John Elway is fired.