Oh Tranada...

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Oh Tranada...

Post by Foo »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/canadian-mil ... 50215.html

Trump bans trans people from the military, so Canada decides to post a picture of their so-called military that looks like they are ready for a dance off with the Village People. Good lord, I hope they never have to engage in close quarters combat with Muslims.

Is that supposed to make Canadians feel secure?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Oh Tranada...

Post by Headhunter »

There are hundreds of transgender people in this country who are more courageous and would make better soldiers than either one of us, so I dunno why you want to make this some hyper-masculinity thing.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Suicide rate for trannies is 40%. I wonder how much higher that would be with PTSD and shit.

The sooner people recognize transgender as a mental illness as opposed to trying to normalize the ever loving fuck out of it, the better off we'll be. Mentally ill people shouldn't be allowed to have guns anyway, right liberals?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:Is that supposed to make Canadians feel secure?
It all depends on what kind of socks Trudeau decides to show off at the next world leaders meeting.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:There are hundreds of transgender people in this country who are more courageous and would make better soldiers than either one of us, so I dunno why you want to make this some hyper-masculinity thing.
I was actually mocking the super queer picture Canada posted.

I am sure there are great transgender soldiers. Unfortunately, the military is not something you go into because you want the government to pay for your gender reassignment surgery and such. I don't care if a soldier chooses to behave as the opposite sex in their free time, but the military is a fighting force not an avenue for social justice.

We require certain traits in our soldiers. Among those traits is mental health. Based on what we are seeing, the military may not be doing a very good job with that, trans or straight, but we do know trans folks have illness to begin with. They should get help but not via the military.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:Suicide rate for trannies is 40%. I wonder how much higher that would be with PTSD and shit.

The sooner people recognize transgender as a mental illness as opposed to trying to normalize the ever loving fuck out of it, the better off we'll be. Mentally ill people shouldn't be allowed to have guns anyway, right liberals?
We used to know this, and then the medical field got politicized...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

shouldn't be normalized. also shouldn't take the option away for those that can be helped by the treatment and procedure. (after exhausting other options)
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:shouldn't be normalized. also shouldn't take the option away for those that can be helped by the treatment and procedure. (after exhausting other options)
Are you talking about them serving or mutilating their genitals and pumping them full of unnatural hormones?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i think that trans people should be able to serve, and also get the treatment if that's what it takes to help them. those are separate issues, to be clear. i'm not suggesting that they should get the treatment on the army's dime or anything.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Pretty simple to me. No reason they shouldn't be able to serve but surgeries coming out of the taxpayers' wallets is beyond the pale. This is an area where liberals just need to understand not everyone is cool with genital mutilation and that's okay.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:There are hundreds of transgender people in this country who are more courageous and would make better soldiers than either one of us, so I dunno why you want to make this some hyper-masculinity thing.

I am sure there are great transgender soldiers. Unfortunately, the military is not something you go into because you want the government to pay for your gender reassignment surgery and such. I don't care if a soldier chooses to behave as the opposite sex in their free time, but the military is a fighting force not an avenue for social justice.

We require certain traits in our soldiers. Among those traits is mental health. Based on what we are seeing, the military may not be doing a very good job with that, trans or straight, but we do know trans folks have illness to begin with. They should get help but not via the military.
You turning away the transgender person who takes pride in their work, is accountable to their peers and has the right mentality to storm beaches and shit? I can agree with you on the surgery stuff but it's a strawman because that was already off the table. Banning their service altogether is stupid though.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:

You turning away the transgender person who takes pride in their work, is accountable to their peers and has the right mentality to storm beaches and shit? I can agree with you on the surgery stuff but it's a strawman because that was already off the table. Banning their service altogether is stupid though.
Personally, I think the trans stuff is shades of gray and it would depend. From an institutional standpoint, there are just too many issues with trans people to have them in the military. Just like the many other requirements they have for fitness to serve. There are many disqualifications that one could overcome and be a great soldier, but from an institutional standpoint you have to set policy.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I do love Canada poking their heads in and throwing their hat into the ring regarding a U.S. policy that is literally of no concern to them, with literally the gayest rebuttal in the history of mankind. Of course you welcome trannies and shit, you are Canaduh. There is a reason why the United States has the greatest military in the world, and yours in comparison is equivalent to a third-world shithole, at best. Stick to maple syrup and Canadian bacon, buddehs. That's all you got- OH, you've also got a leader whose best attribute is his... socks...

Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

No! We have the queerest military!

*waves flag*
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Gays raping men in the military has become a thing, now that they're allowed to enlist.
Prevent trannies from entering, and get rid of all gays in the military, too.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Gays raping men in the military has become a thing, now that they're allowed to enlist.
why not crack down and punish the assholes who do that, rather than punishing everyone who happens to share some other trait with those assholes?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Gays raping men in the military has become a thing, now that they're allowed to enlist.
why not crack down and punish the assholes who do that, rather than punishing everyone who happens to share some other trait with those assholes?
Men raping women has long been a problem, so I guess our military will only consists of hetero females.