Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Tiggnutz »

Linking Columbus with any other case is disingenuous and ridiculous. Saying knife fights are a common part of life is disingenuous and ridiculous. A girl dying is a tragedy but has nothing to do with bad policing. If the other girl would of got stabbed the same people would be faulting the police for being ineffectual.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Slaughterhouserock wrote:
zombie wrote:was the girl who was about to be stabbed involved in jumping the other girl? otherwise, i don't see any way to spin this toward justifying what she tried to do. either way, the cop likely wouldn't know that or not, so yeah. no way to really spin this in an anti-cop position but i'm sure people are gonna try.
I would guess yes, but she was just standing there, doing nothing, when the cops showed up. And yeah, the cop didn't know who was who in the situation. Cops were called about someone being assaulted. They show up to a girl with a knife attacking another girl. How would they know the girl with the knife is the one that called them?

There's really no way to spin it other than the cop shooting four times is excessive, or that he could have used a taser instead of a gun. He saw a knife, pulled his gun, I'm not gonna fault him for that. Not saying it was correct, but it makes sense. The people going off on this aren't being logical(and likely haven't watched the footage). I hate cops as much as the next guy, always have, but I'm not gonna try to twist this into something it's not.
Indeed. Too bad most people today jump right into the deep end with the omfg.
If this is directed at me, to be fair, I posted my reactions in real time and corrected the info I was given/giving. Something that most people just don't do, out of stubbornness. *pats self on back*
It wasn’t specifically, as you’re far from the only one. Most of us get emotional off the cuff but you’re always good about reevaluating. And you're not out refusing to go to school or work or whatever over the shit. So much of this is because so many of these kids have never had anything remotely real to cry about.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Slaughterhouserock wrote:
zombie wrote:was the girl who was about to be stabbed involved in jumping the other girl? otherwise, i don't see any way to spin this toward justifying what she tried to do. either way, the cop likely wouldn't know that or not, so yeah. no way to really spin this in an anti-cop position but i'm sure people are gonna try.
I would guess yes, but she was just standing there, doing nothing, when the cops showed up. And yeah, the cop didn't know who was who in the situation. Cops were called about someone being assaulted. They show up to a girl with a knife attacking another girl. How would they know the girl with the knife is the one that called them?

There's really no way to spin it other than the cop shooting four times is excessive, or that he could have used a taser instead of a gun. He saw a knife, pulled his gun, I'm not gonna fault him for that. Not saying it was correct, but it makes sense. The people going off on this aren't being logical(and likely haven't watched the footage). I hate cops as much as the next guy, always have, but I'm not gonna try to twist this into something it's not.
Indeed. Too bad most people today jump right into the deep end with the omfg.
If this is directed at me, to be fair, I posted my reactions in real time and corrected the info I was given/giving. Something that most people just don't do, out of stubbornness. *pats self on back*
It wasn’t specifically, as you’re far from the only one. Most of us get emotional off the cuff but you’re always good about reevaluating. And you're not out refusing to go to school or work or whatever over the shit. So much of this is because so many of these kids have never had anything remotely real to cry about.
Crazy times we live in, brotha.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Why is education which is obviously totally failing never addressed? Same as why pharmaceutical cost issues are never addressed , money blocks it. Its time for us all to wake up
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Because this country is run by rich pieces of garbage who understand financial insecurity is their greatest weapon against the masses. They directly profit off people going broke for insulin. If people weren’t constantly crippled by one economic kick in the balls after another, they’d have the energy to focus on why they get fucked so hard.

Our foreign policy is an extension of that but they are even less accountable for the way they loot and destabilize foreign countries. The CIA is basically the private army of rich assholes invested in offshore resources. Don’t dare interfere with the blatant theft of those resources or we’ll coup your ass really quick.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I've been looking for a place to dump all my CIA rabbit hole discoveries, but here's a fun one that shows just how far intelligence agencies are willing to go to achieve their means:

In 1962, CIA + military intelligence proposed an operation called Operation Northwoods that called for a major false flag terrorist attack on a US city that could be blamed on the Cuban government, for the purpose of justifying a military invasion of Cuba. JFK rejected the plan.

Keep in mind that the vast majority of shit we know comes from the discovery of documents they just happened to not destroy in the 1970s when Congress finally decided to investigate the intelligence agencies in the wake of Watergate.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:I've been looking for a place to dump all my CIA rabbit hole discoveries, but here's a fun one that shows just how far intelligence agencies are willing to go to achieve their means:

In 1962, CIA + military intelligence proposed an operation called Operation Northwoods that called for a major false flag terrorist attack on a US city that could be blamed on the Cuban government, for the purpose of justifying a military invasion of Cuba. JFK rejected the plan.

Keep in mind that the vast majority of shit we know comes from the discovery of documents they just happened to not destroy in the 1970s when Congress finally decided to investigate the intelligence agencies in the wake of Watergate.
I've heard of that. All kinds of fucked up.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I've been looking for a place to dump all my CIA rabbit hole discoveries, but here's a fun one that shows just how far intelligence agencies are willing to go to achieve their means:

There are so many mind blowing things US intelligence did or tried to do, but that particular time (50s-60s), the military hawks + intelligence were fucking INSANE. They got off at the idea of getting into a nuclear showdown. It’s really a great credit to Kennedy not just as a leader but as a human that he resisted their most batshit ideas. And Kennedy started off as a classic Cold Warrior, so he really had to come to terms with how wrong he was. And they hated him for it.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Headhunter wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

There are so many mind blowing things US intelligence did or tried to do, but that particular time (50s-60s), the military hawks + intelligence were fucking INSANE. They got off at the idea of getting into a nuclear showdown. It’s really a great credit to Kennedy not just as a leader but as a human that he resisted their most batshit ideas. And Kennedy started off as a classic Cold Warrior, so he really had to come to terms with how wrong he was. And they hated him for it.
MK Ultra has always fascinated me more than most other CIA operations.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Dream wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

Yeah that’s been one of my recent obsessions. Read a great book about the head of the program Dr. Sidney Gottlieb called “Poisoner in Chief”.

Whitey Bulger late in life said when he served time in an Atlanta federal prison in the 1950s, he was given a heavy dose of LSD in prison every day for (I think) 15 months and that it pretty much broke him. A lot of the big counterculture figures were introduced to LSD through these experiments too. There’s some thought that the Unabomber may have been tested on at Harvard but no definitive evidence that it was MK-ULTRA.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Headhunter wrote:
Dream wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

Yeah that’s been one of my recent obsessions. Read a great book about the head of the program Dr. Sidney Gottlieb called “Poisoner in Chief”.

Whitey Bulger late in life said when he served time in an Atlanta federal prison in the 1950s, he was given a heavy dose of LSD in prison every day for (I think) 15 months and that it pretty much broke him. A lot of the big counterculture figures were introduced to LSD through these experiments too. There’s some thought that the Unabomber may have been tested on at Harvard but no definitive evidence that it was MK-ULTRA.
Considering they destroyed a ton of documents around it, I imagine it went a hell of a lot deeper than we'll ever know.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Dream wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Dream wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

Considering they destroyed a ton of documents around it, I imagine it went a hell of a lot deeper than we'll ever know.
Yeah, just the amount of people tested on must be staggering. Prisons, sanitariums, colleges, drug treatment facilities, overseas military bases, blacksites, even agency safehouses disguised as motels (see Operation Midnight Climax) for decades. The most interesting link (keep in mind it’s all circumstantial) I’ve found in my deep dives was to Charles Manson. One of the most notorious MK-ULTRA doctors (Dr. Jolly West, who famously gave a psychiatric evaluation to Jack Ruby after he killed Oswald) had an office at a San Francisco medical clinic where Manson met his parole officer every day...a parole officer who never reported Manson’s arrests, adopted his child and when he met him was studying criminology with an emphasis on the effects of LSD and amphetamines on criminal gangs. And down the rabbit hole we go...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Careful. Nowadays you'll be called a conspiracy theorist. But yeah, that CIA, Cuba, JFK shit barely even scratches the surface of his assassinastion a year later. Based on some of the research I've done, honestly, I think the majority of files are still around, whether JFK or Intelligence agencies. Based off the reading I've got off of Barr McClellan in the 80s or 90s, there is no reason to believe otherwise. The only mystery to me is whether or not they would transfer them from paper to computer. Thinking in terms of secrecy, if I were part of maintaining the cover up, I'd probably preserve the paper files and avoid the digital storage. Especially considering the DNC server was hacked and their password was obama08. Can't afford to be that dumb if you want to keep the biggest secrets in American political history.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:

Careful. Nowadays you'll be called a conspiracy theorist. But yeah, that CIA, Cuba, JFK shit barely even scratches the surface of his assassinastion a year later. Based on some of the research I've done, honestly, I think the majority of files are still around, whether JFK or Intelligence agencies. Based off the reading I've got off of Barr McClellan in the 80s or 90s, there is no reason to believe otherwise. The only mystery to me is whether or not they would transfer them from paper to computer. Thinking in terms of secrecy, if I were part of maintaining the cover up, I'd probably preserve the paper files and avoid the digital storage. Especially considering the DNC server was hacked and their password was obama08. Can't afford to be that dumb if you want to keep the biggest secrets in American political history.
You have to take care to walk the fine line between what can be proven, what can be reasonably theorized based on available evidence, and what sounds compelling enough to believe based on preconceived biases. If you're interested in the clandestine affairs of US intelligence, it's only natural to jump at any opportunity to find the great big smoking gun that breaks it all open, but that doesn't exist so it's best to be meticulous and conservative in your approach. But stuff like this doesn't even qualify as conspiracy because the government documents are widely available to the public. Insofar as the CIA goes, we already know enough to tie them to international drug trafficking of heroin and cocaine, coups overthrowing democratically elected leaders, foreign assassinations, mass murder programs throughout the Global South, torture/experimentation on US citizens domestically and political prisoners abroad, recruitment and protection of Nazis (should have called NASA NAZA), arming and training of radical Islamic groups, infiltration of the antiwar movement of the 60s-70s, proposed false flag terrorist attacks on US soil, and the funding and arming of right-wing terror groups in Europe during the Cold War.

I know the JFK stuff has been a source of intrigue for you for a long time. I recommend reading The Devil's Chessboard (the story of CIA director Allen Dulles) and JFK and the Unspeakable. I don't fully buy in to some of the JFK stuff in the Devil's Chessboard, but it does a great job exploring JFK's relationship to the CIA and a lot of the awful things they did around the world in their first two decades.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

For reference, these have been the books I've read over the past year or so on these topics:

The Quiet Americans: Four CIA Spies at the Dawn of the Cold War - Scott Anderson
The Devil's Chessboard - David Talbot
The Jakarta Method - Vincent Bevins
CHAOS: Charles Manson, the CIA and the Secret History of the Sixties - Tom O'Neill
Poisoner in Chief: Sidney Gottlieb and the CIA Search for Mind Control - Stephen Kinzer
JFK and the Unspeakable - James W. Douglass
Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras and the Crack Cocaine Explosion - Gary Webb
Family of Secrets - Russ Baker
Operation Gladio - Paul Wlliams

The last two veer into a speculative realm attempting to tie things together and making assumptions a little too frequently but if you treat them as information resources on interesting topics rather than pure history they're incredibly fascinating.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:

Conspiracy theories are fine. Bad shit goes on. I think most people realize that. What I can't stand are the qanon fucks who think Tom Hanks is drinking baby blood for Satan and changes into a lizard. Batshit crazy things like that. Who killed JFK, why wars are started, etc....stuff with realistic substance, I am totally down with.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The QAnon brand of conspiracy theory is stupid as fuck. Fantasy crap for weirdos. Those are just lost people searching for meaning in life. The brand of "conspiracy" I refer to is just finding connections between powerful people with aligning financial and political motives. None of it is actually beyond the scope of realism so long as you aren't naive enough to believe in some black-and-white moralistic view of how the world operates.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Ami I reading this shit right, the "experts" and media are telling Biden to stop wearing the mask so much, especially outside, to give people hope and incentive? :lol: You mean, the same shit others have done and were chided as stupid and murderers of grandma. I love being held hostage by the best of the best.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:Ami I reading this shit right, the "experts" and media are telling Biden to stop wearing the mask so much, especially outside, to give people hope and incentive? :lol: You mean, the same shit others have done and were chided as stupid and murderers of grandma. I love being held hostage by the best of the best.
Lol. Life is full of these wonderful ironies. :lol:
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood wrote:Ami I reading this shit right, the "experts" and media are telling Biden to stop wearing the mask so much, especially outside, to give people hope and incentive? :lol: You mean, the same shit others have done and were chided as stupid and murderers of grandma. I love being held hostage by the best of the best.
To be fair experts and media are probably telling Biden he's president and to put on pants everyday too