CNN blames Trump for violence

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: CNN blames Trump for violence

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
I think I actually do listen and watch a lot of variety.

Why do you think things of the past that were shocking and titilating are considered boring and tame by modern audiences?
do you feel desensitized though? is it worth figuring out if there is a way to undo that?

i think that a large part of it is viewing them with bias because they're "old". it could also be for how they're filmed, the pace, the themes. where do you think the cut off point is? because there are a lot of tamer movies today, than in the 70s and 80s. so i'm not sure it's about the violence or gore.
Of course. I can watch things that would make an Amish person puke.

What would be the 1960's mainstream equivalent of the Saw movies? How about the 70's? Sure, stuff existed, but way outside of the mainstream.
if someone only watches saw and hostel, then maybe you're onto something. but that's a very narrow selection of what is out there. if they can only enjoy saw levels of violence, then there's a lot that they couldn't enjoy even today. so i think you have to look elsewhere for the answer, if you're being honest.