West Baltimore

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: West Baltimore

Post by showa58taro »

If it’s all or nothing then, given issues persists, might as well decriminalize all drugs, poisons, pesticides, carcinogens, arms of every type including grenades and bazookas and other things. Because it’s not 100% it might as well be none.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I'm 100% behind universal background checks and eliminating gun show loopholes. Banning massive ammunition clips and making body armor illegal.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

All excellent baby steps of support as well.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Let's ban heroin and meth, as well.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

You'd support reasonable gun control, so don't go full retard with the trolling, Jason.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:You'd support reasonable gun control, so don't go full retard with the trolling, Jason.
"Common sense" gun control
"Reasonable" gun control

All these labels and little explanation behind them. I should be able to own a turret and put it on the roof of my house if I so choose. I have the right to defend myself from actual nuts who manage to get their hands on guns. "Shall. Not. Be. Infringed." People acting like the gun is the issue and not the psychotic fucks who ILLEGALLY get their hands on them and pull the trigger. If one of these lunatics gets their hands on an uzi from the mexican mafia, great. Thanks. Law abiding citizen here, only owning a wussy little Beretta because retards thought banning rifles, clips and shotguns would solve the issue of nutjobs going on rampages with guns. Now here comes Lunatic Larry with his illegally purchased open-bolt uzi that he got from the mexican mafia and all I have is this stupid Beretta to defend myself with. I should be allowed to put a turret on the roof of my house to prevent him from coming in and uzing up the place if I so choose. Pretending guns are the issue is about as stupid as anything can be.

"Common sense" thug control
"Reasonable" lunatic control
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:And yeah inevitably some people will still get their hands on guns and do horrible things with them. But significantly less will and that's the point of government, using your resources to improve problems in society. The gun lovers with nothing to worry about will still have nothing to worry about, just more bureaucracy. That's okay.
and people will still do things even if they can't do it with guns. the solution has to be bigger than just "bureaucracy for gun owners", so i hope this is more than just a gesture to look good politically.
Yeah, they will. Not nearly to the extent or magnitude as if they had guns, which is an improvement. Which is the point of these policies. Improvement.

A lot more productive than sitting on our hands saying "Oh no, we can't eliminate 100% of domestic terrorism, guess we'll do nothing"
there are a lot of ways that could be productive. you focus on the tool, and ignore the tool user, it undoes some of the productivity.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:You'd support reasonable gun control, so don't go full retard with the trolling, Jason.
"Reasonable" gun control

All these labels and little explanation behind them. I should be able to own a turret and put it on the roof of my house if I so choose. I have the right to defend myself from actual nuts who manage to get their hands on guns. "Shall. Not. Be. Infringed." People acting like the gun is the issue and not the psychotic fucks who ILLEGALLY get their hands on them and pull the trigger. If one of these lunatics gets their hands on an uzi from the mexican mafia, great. Thanks. Law abiding citizen here, only owning a wussy little Beretta because retards thought banning rifles, clips and shotguns would solve the issue of nutjobs going on rampages with guns. Now here comes Lunatic Larry with his illegally purchased open-bolt uzi that he got from the mexican mafia and all I have is this stupid Beretta to defend myself with. I should be allowed to put a turret on the roof of my house to prevent him from coming in and uzing up the place if I so choose. Pretending guns are the issue is about as stupid as anything can be.

You see the issue. I wouldn't trust most people with a cup of warm piss, let's give everyone bazookas. And motherfucker you can't stay on a bike, you ain't getting no turret, especially one you sit in. We'll find you keeled over while the thing caps some 8 year old chicano walking her doggie.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:
"Reasonable" gun control

You see the issue. I wouldn't trust most people with a cup of warm piss, let's give everyone bazookas. And motherfucker you can't stay on a bike, you ain't getting no turret, especially one you sit in. We'll find you keeled over while the thing caps some 8 year old chicano walking her doggie.
The criminals are already at a massive advantage. They don't have to go through background checks before they get their bazooka. At least let me have a bazooka if I have to go through extensive background checks. If the threat of a turret is there, odds are they're less likely to invade my fucking home. When gun control is in place, the bravery in these robbers is enhanced immeasurably. They'll just walk into almost any ol' house, or liquor store with their illegal firearms and take whatever they want. And who's to stop them? Nobody. We're not allowed to own guns, remember?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:And yeah inevitably some people will still get their hands on guns and do horrible things with them. But significantly less will and that's the point of government, using your resources to improve problems in society. The gun lovers with nothing to worry about will still have nothing to worry about, just more bureaucracy. That's okay.
and people will still do things even if they can't do it with guns. the solution has to be bigger than just "bureaucracy for gun owners", so i hope this is more than just a gesture to look good politically.
Yeah, they will. Not nearly to the extent or magnitude as if they had guns, which is an improvement. Which is the point of these policies. Improvement.

A lot more productive than sitting on our hands saying "Oh no, we can't eliminate 100% of domestic terrorism, guess we'll do nothing"
there are a lot of ways that could be productive. you focus on the tool, and ignore the tool user, it undoes some of the productivity.
You can't productively address the problem by focusing on how to fix people. Not nearly as effectively.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Funny how quickly common sense regulations became "we can't have guns". These right wing nut jobs are something else.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

You can't productively address the problem by focusing on how to fix people. Not nearly as effectively.
well, i hope that if you get what you want, background checks and keeping up with gun owners is enough of a solution to satisfy. but i have my doubts.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Funny how quickly common sense regulations became "we can't have guns". These right wing nut jobs are something else.
The liberal lunatics are historically god awful at defining things. "Common sense regulations! Oh, we just mean background checks and ban clips and stuff. Oh, and no assault rifles and this and that and the other OK?"

I should be able to own any gun that Lunatic Lawrence can get illegally from the underground market.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

well, i hope that if you get what you want, background checks and keeping up with gun owners is enough of a solution to satisfy. but i have my doubts.
What is enough of a solution? Many of the policies I'm talking about have been proven deterrents and decreased gun violence in their jurisdictions. It isn't speculation, they work. So long as your expectations are in touch with reality and not some utopia.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

Gun control retard: "Yeah, we're putting regulations on all this stuff and keeping a close eye on you, Mr. Law-Abiding-Citizen. So you best watch yourself."
Law-abiding citizen: "That's nice. What's Lunatic Lawrence up to these days"?
Gun control retard: "Who tf is Lunatic Lawrence?"
Law-abiding citizen: "He's standing right behind you with an uzi."
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Funny how quickly common sense regulations became "we can't have guns". These right wing nut jobs are something else.
The liberal lunatics are historically god awful at defining things. "Common sense regulations! Oh, we just mean background checks and ban clips and stuff. Oh, and no assault rifles and this and that and the other OK?"

I should be able to own any gun that Lunatic Lawrence can get illegally from the underground market.
politicians are all pretty shady when it comes to getting what they really want.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:

I wouldn't want you owning a water gun.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

I wouldn't want you owning a water gun.
Because I'd fill it with your liberal tears?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

politicians are all pretty shady when it comes to getting what they really want.
And this is true always, so...what?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:
"Reasonable" gun control

We're not allowed to own guns, remember?
You're allowed. Uncle Willie is just gonna have to wait a little longer, go through more red tape before he can get his 26th rifle and case of double up buck. He'll whine about the wait, talk about his freedom and slippery slopes, and somewhere some innocent person won't have their head blown off because a few more restrictions and things were put in place.