Game Of Thrones

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I know I'd have Breaking Bad, Tales From The Crypt and Batman: The Animated Series high up. After that, kind of a crapshoot. Supernatural, now Game Of Thrones can contend. Walking Dead may sneak into the 10, not sure. Used to be higher, but the love definitely dwindled. Twin Peaks ranks high for me too, even with it's mid season 2 crash. Freaks & Geeks, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, The Punisher, Stranger Things, and Married With Children are also contenders on my list.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

True Detective season one, though...
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Stranger Things is definitely up there on my list. I also like most of the Star Trek shows.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

The Simpsons USED to be a high ranker, but since....2000 or so they've just been bad. Would also have South Park and Robotech: Macross Saga.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'm in the middle of All in the Family season one. Already shaping up to be among the all-time greatest sitcoms. Really good first four or five episodes. The last two I watched were fantastic.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:I'm in the middle of All in the Family season one. Already shaping up to be among the all-time greatest sitcoms. Really good first four or five episodes. The last two I watched were fantastic.
Oh for the love of god...

We don't have to be a regressive society and lie to ourselves. The Twilight Zone is great, most everything else pre-Simpsons is hot garbage.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Golden age of TV as we speak and we're diving into All in the fucking Family. Next up, Gunsmoke and I Love Lucy. What the hell.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:I'm in the middle of All in the Family season one. Already shaping up to be among the all-time greatest sitcoms. Really good first four or five episodes. The last two I watched were fantastic.

We don't have to be a regressive society and lie to ourselves. The Twilight Zone is great, most everything else pre-Simpsons is hot garbage.
Bewitched, Genie, I Love Lucy, sure. All in the Family, M*A*S*H, not so much. Those two are excellence. Sanford/Andy Griffith are also good shit.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Bewitched, Genie, I Love Lucy, sure. All in the Family, M*A*S*H, not so much. Those two are excellence. Sanford/Andy Griffith are also good shit.
What are we doing here? There is no reason for anyone who didn't grow up on this shit to be deep diving into the Norman Lear TV universe. Why not go all-out and just become Amish?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Pow! Right in the kisser!

I don't know how Foo and the olds lived tbh.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

What are we doing here? There is no reason for anyone who didn't grow up on this shit to be deep diving into the Norman Lear TV universe. Why not go all-out and just become Amish?
What are you talking about? I grew up watching all the shit I mentioned,

Can't speak for Gunsmoke or Bonanza, but Have Gun - Will Travel and Hopalong Cassidy are pretty entertaining old westerns.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Can you really blame Cool Breeze for hooking up with Charlie Manson and getting fried on acid for 20 years? His little non-color TV at ma's house was playing Gunsmoke every night.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Can't speak for Gunsmoke or Bonanza, but Have Gun - Will Travel and Hopalong Cassidy are pretty entertaining old westerns.
Being a weird kid who watched re-runs of old sitcoms does not make you look better.

Jesus fucking Christ...
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

"Hopalong Cassidy" first of all there's no way that is actually a real name for anything so nice troll. But you can hop along to central PA and fully transition to an Amish lifestyle at the pace of regression you're displaying.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Being a weird kid who watched re-runs of old sitcoms does not make you look better.

Jesus fucking Christ...
You never watched TV Land, you fuckin homo?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:"Hopalong Cassidy" first of all there's no way that is actually a real name for anything so nice troll. But you can hop along to central PA and fully transition to an Amish lifestyle at the pace of regression you're displaying.
It's a gunfighter TV show. The Amish wouldn't approve.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I'm going to work on an Arya Stark piece. She was my favorite character, and a comp popped in my head two days ago so I have to feed the urge.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Jesus fucking Christ...
You never watched TV Land, you fuckin homo?
Absolutely not, but do tell about how riveting the Lawrence Welk Show was.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:"Hopalong Cassidy" first of all there's no way that is actually a real name for anything so nice troll. But you can hop along to central PA and fully transition to an Amish lifestyle at the pace of regression you're displaying.
Gayest name I've ever heard. Hop along, Cassidy, hop along!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Gayest name I've ever heard. Hop along, Cassidy, hop along!
You've never heard of Hopalong Cassidy?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfgXpA1fch0&t=30s