The texting suicide thingy

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: The texting suicide thingy

Post by Jason »

I'm still having trouble figuring out what was actually going on. My first thought was this chick broke up with him and he threatened to kill himself if she didn't get back with him, then she told him to go ahead and do it and he actually did, or something. Come to find out it looks like he actually wanted to kill himself and was talking to her about it. Or something.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:I'm still having trouble figuring out what was actually going on. My first thought was this chick broke up with him and he threatened to kill himself if she didn't get back with him, then she told him to go ahead and do it and he actually did, or something. Come to find out it looks like he actually wanted to kill himself and was talking to her about it. Or something.
he actually wanted to kill himself and was talking to her about it. After multiple times of not doing it, she said get back in the truck and he died.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Somebody should punch her in the face, at least.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:you make a habit of avoiding my questions and points, so it's fair play. :P and we already know what happened. she bullied him into taking his life.
And if she broke up with him because he was a pussy and he took his life the next day?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

She didn't egg him on to do it in that case, though.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:She didn't egg him on to do it in that case, though.
Catalyst.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Was she the catalyst to kill himself? I think anyone would say yes. Is she the cause? No.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:Was she the catalyst to kill himself? I think anyone would say yes. Is she the cause? No.
But also yes. Since she actively redirected him into the car after he got out.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Suicide is illegal, so by law there should probably be some form of punishment for encouraging him to fulfill an illegal act, regardless whether or not he wanted to.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Was she the catalyst to kill himself? I think anyone would say yes. Is she the cause? No.
So what? This is only manslaughter if he did not know the consequences of that direction.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:Suicide is illegal, so by law there should be some form of punishment for encouraging him to fulfill an illegal act, regardless whether or not he wanted to.
What if it was more subtle?

"I wish you would die"

"No one will miss you if your are dead."

"Show them all by killing your self!"
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Guess it's up to the judge to look at her and determine if she had malice, or said it out of anger because they had a fight or something.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Catalyst! He started things in motion and wanted to kill himself long ago.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

"Carter did a "dry run," Flynn explained, "telling her friends that he was dead two days before he was even in that truck," and she's getting "the attention that she so thinks that she deserves. And so afterward, when she has told them that he’s missing and maybe dead, she has to make it happen."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/victims-mother ... d=49033165
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Catalyst.
i think it's more accurate to say that his depression and thoughts were the catalyst. she was the cause. she preyed on someone she knew to be in a bad place, and didn't stop even after he made the choice, himself, to get out of the truck, and because she didn't actually physically harm him directly, there's no crime at all?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Catalyst.
i think it's more accurate to say that his depression and thoughts were the catalyst. she was the cause. she preyed on someone she knew to be in a bad place, and didn't stop even after he made the choice, himself, to get out of the truck, and because she didn't actually physically harm him directly, there's no crime at all?
Wat? SHE was the cause? He was clinically depressed and suicidal before he even met her.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

So this "dry run". Was that done with him? What is that quote even talking about?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i took the dry run to be between her and her friends. he wasn't there, but it was about him. telling her friends that he was missing and may be dead. then two days later she actually caused his death, because she wanted more attention like she had started to get with the "dry run".
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Catalyst.
Wat? SHE was the cause? He was clinically depressed and suicidal before he even met her.
cause of his death, not of his thoughts.