The October Challenge Discussion Thread: 2017

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: The October Challenge Discussion Thread: 2017

Post by Jigsaw »

Incubo sulla città contaminata (1980) / Nightmare City had a somewhat goofy ending. That said, I found it an absolutely fun flick. Felt just like Zombi 2, only with somewhat less spectacular special effects.

Fun all around.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jigsaw wrote:Incubo sulla città contaminata (1980) / Nightmare City had a somewhat goofy ending. That said, I found it an absolutely fun flick. Felt just like Zombi 2, only with somewhat less spectacular special effects.

Fun all around.
Did someone fall from a helicopter because if they did I remember laughing my ass off at that part
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Incubo sulla città contaminata (1980) / Nightmare City had a somewhat goofy ending. That said, I found it an absolutely fun flick. Felt just like Zombi 2, only with somewhat less spectacular special effects.

Fun all around.
Did someone fall from a helicopter because if they did I remember laughing my ass off at that part
Indeed. Beautifully fun. :D
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Hey D, did you ever see that Garfield episode?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jigsaw wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Fun all around.
Not nearly as fun as Burial Ground though
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Weird bloody film. Clearly mocking the everloving fuck out of horror films. Laura Jacobs and Lauren Francesca providing some incredible sexy shots.

Also, hadn't realized but Jaclyn Swedberg, apparently a playmate of the year, plays a random lady in a thong. This film basically sold the stereotypes of horror and then flipped the volume to max, with no real ending, because I don't think it could. Still glad I watched it, even if it was weird.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Haha, best part of this movie has been the beginning of the 3rd story. Kids going to their grandmas for Christmas and the son back talks his dad, saying he's so strong striking a kid or something to that effect. Then the dad takes off his belt and starts beating the hell out of the son in the backseat while still driving the car.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Fun all around.
Which means I'll like Burial Ground even more. Nice - Nightmare City would get something like a solid 8 from me, so here's hoping Burial Ground gets at least an 8.5.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jigsaw wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Fun all around.
Which means I'll like Burial Ground even more. Nice - Nightmare City would get something like a solid 8 from me, so here's hoping Burial Ground gets at least an 8.5.
I think you will be very entertained
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Starting Meathook Massacre (2015), a complete and utter SOV throwback to Texas Chain Saw Massacre (including the "The film you are about to see" announcement at the beginning).

Directed by one Dustin Ferguson. I saw another one of his, The Amityville Legacy (2016), a while back. Liked that one also.

This movie clocks in at just over an hour, so seems like a good one to end the night on.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Now Tobe Hooper's Salem's Lot.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Deep Space sucks, it's one of those movies that's rated R but you can't find any reason why it should be. More like a made for tv movie.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Meathook Massacre, while a very low quality one-hour long utter ripoff of TCM, was extraordinarily fun. Loved it.

Four movies today - so I am on schedule. Going to sleep shortly to ensure I get to work on time tomorrow.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

showa58taro wrote:Weird bloody film. Clearly mocking the everloving fuck out of horror films. Laura Jacobs and Lauren Francesca providing some incredible sexy shots.

Also, hadn't realized but Jaclyn Swedberg, apparently a playmate of the year, plays a random lady in a thong. This film basically sold the stereotypes of horror and then flipped the volume to max, with no real ending, because I don't think it could. Still glad I watched it, even if it was weird.
If you're talking about Muck, that was the first film in a supposed trilogy. The second one would pick up where this one leaves off.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Think I'll end the night with a back-to-back of Hellraiser I and II
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

The Beyond

Putting real spiders along side the fake ones make the fake ones look all the more hilarious. Good scene though.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Havok wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Weird bloody film. Clearly mocking the everloving fuck out of horror films. Laura Jacobs and Lauren Francesca providing some incredible sexy shots.

If you're talking about Muck, that was the first film in a supposed trilogy. The second one would pick up where this one leaves off.
That’s the one. At least it makes sense now that it ends so bizarrely.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Well the start of my challenge was completely balls. It Comes At Night... more like it comes with bullshit. This isn't a horror movie, more like some existential drama non-sense. First movie and I can't even count it because they market this crap just trying to dupe us.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:Well the start of my challenge was completely balls. It Comes At Night... more like it comes with bullshit. This isn't a horror movie, more like some existential drama non-sense. First movie and I can't even count it because they market this crap just trying to dupe us.
Really? Crap, I had that on my list to rent.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Add it to the list. What’s the harm.