Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more drugs

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more dr

Post by Headhunter »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 2e885f7928

Apparently filling prisons is a bigger priority to these goons than states' rights. Losing battle anyway.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 2e885f7928

Apparently filling prisons is a bigger priority to these goons than states' rights. Losing battle anyway.
You should be blaming Abraham Lincoln.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Prehistoric outdated thinking by Sessions. I expect Pharmaceutical poison pushers have something to do with that.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:

Prehistoric outdated thinking by Sessions. I expect Pharmaceutical poison pushers have something to do with that.
Really just doing his job. If the federal government wants to allow medical marijuana, they need to change the laws. You should not have a situation where our top law enforcement official is asked to look the other way while laws are broken.

Jeff Sessions is no longer a politician. He should be prosecuting the laws on the books, without regard to his personal feelings.

The Republican Party as a whole could certainly be blamed, as they are obviously the one holding up laws, as democrats will support the smoking and snorting of anything. I think they realized the only way people tolerate their other policies is to be stoned as fuck.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Really just doing his job. If the federal government wants to allow medical marijuana, they need to change the laws. You should not have a situation where our top law enforcement official is asked to look the other way while laws are broken.

Jeff Sessions is no longer a politician. He should be prosecuting the laws on the books, without regard to his personal feelings.

The Republican Party as a whole could certainly be blamed, as they are obviously the one holding up laws, as democrats will support the smoking and snorting of anything. I think they realized the only way people tolerate their other policies is to be stoned as fuck.
I agree Doctor prescribed cannabis should be federally legal.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

https://www.scribd.com/document/3510798 ... rotections

If you read the letter that he wrote to Congress it explains the WHY of the DOJ's needs...

Since all of this marijuana stuff is new there isn't a way for the DOJ to go after some of the true criminals. The legal marijuana is similiar to the welfare system. There are people that really need it and people who have found a way to abuse it. Always going to be someone abusing a good system. While the licensed and legal places can dish out the pot they are not allowed to sell and ship it across state lines to places where it still isn't legal. This is a crime and the DOJ wants their hands untied to prosecute the legal places breaking the law.

The other part is that the cartels have found a way to get their pot pushed through the legal places which increases drug trafficking in all of our neighborhoods. You bring more criminal element in. There has to be a way to prosecute the legal places that are partnered up with a cartel! They have already been busting cartels doing this. They need the funds from Congress to run the departments to prosecute these cases. They also need the legal right to prosecute when a anti- prison liberal circle jerk 9th circuit court keeps letting bad guys go because they can't stand to put someone away if it has anything to do with marijuana regardless of how bad the crimes associated with the drug bust were.

It makes sense when you dig more into it than just listening to Sessions speeches on marijuana.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Really? Because every administration essentially has to make choices between what they will and won't enforce. You know the resource allocation isn't there for every department to do their job well.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Don't get the legalized marijuana/welfare comparison. I think what you're describing is the medical marijuana industry where a lot of people with a doctor's recommendation essentially act as a hook up for their group of friends or deals what they buy at the street level. If you legalize it, you don't have that secondary economy and there's no worry about resource allocation since everyone 21 and above can partake.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Democrats want their constituents hooked on weed, coke, acid, whatever. Sure. Republicans prefer having their constituents hooked on Oxycodone and Xanax. Prescription drugs are far more abused in red states.

You need an influx of new arguments that reflect the realities of the world and not just fragments of rejected Archie Bunker rants from All in the Family.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Democrats want their constituents hooked on weed, coke, acid, whatever. Sure. Republicans prefer having their constituents hooked on Oxycodone and Xanax. Prescription drugs are far more abused in red states.

You need an influx of new arguments that reflect the realities of the world and not just fragments of rejected Archie Bunker rants from All in the Family.
You sure? We see an awful lot of young celeb deaths from the prescription pills, too.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

You sure? We see an awful lot of young celeb deaths from the prescription pills, too.
I'm sure about two things.

1. It's a bigger problem in Republican states.
2. It's still a problem everywhere.

But yeah, anti-drug environments actually tend to breed a lot of script junkies. Those script junkies somehow think they're different from heroin addicts and crackheads just because they don't seek it out on the streets.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Makes sense.

I also wonder about how some of these deaths are being sorted. Kinda like no wrestler dying from steroids, but they have a heart defect. Or situations where there are multiple things at play, alcohol, weed, otc, and prescriptions.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

And to be clear, I hate prescriptions as much as I hate weed. The one thing I do think should be pointed out is the term "overdose" is important and should not be diminished. Take too much of anything that is designed to be consumed in moderation and blaming the substance gets a little shaky.

The most common overdose deaths are the mixing of multiple drugs and relapses where an addict cleans up for a stretch and then falls off the wagon and goes for their old dosage.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Headhunter wrote:Don't get the legalized marijuana/welfare comparison. I think what you're describing is the medical marijuana industry where a lot of people with a doctor's recommendation essentially act as a hook up for their group of friends or deals what they buy at the street level. If you legalize it, you don't have that secondary economy and there's no worry about resource allocation since everyone 21 and above can partake.
I'd copy and paste but for some reason it won't let me do that. Official document? Don't know. Too tired to figure it out. :P
https://www.scribd.com/document/3510798 ... rotections
It is on the second page first paragraph down.

My comparison was just comparing the abuse of the welfare system to the abuse of a reputable place (being a legal marijuana place) put there for the good of the people but instead being abused by jerks.

And sure that road to legalization is coming along but we aren't there yet are we? We are up to what 29 out of 50 states? (some sites say 28, let's go with the higher number). Let's say the last 21 states hold out for 7 or 10 years. If California starts shipping its dope to Texas how can they prosecute if they don't have the law? It would be easy to say yeah let's all legalize it across the board tomorrow but that isn't reality. We definitely know there isn't going to be anything coming down from the White House in the next 3 1/2 years. There are still holdouts and people doing illegal shipping right now. Criminal activity. Is it going to happen eventually to all states. Most likely. But Sessions is asking for the help legally now where it is needed. They have seen the problems arise and want to tackle the drug cartels, nothing wrong in that.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I think it's well past time to look at the reasons why weed was demonized and later criminalized at a federal level in the first place and determine if the reasons still hold up. They wouldn't.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why ... a-illegal/

Complete with quotes from newspapers, senators etc.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Rand Paul and Cory Booker are bringing a bipartisan bill to the Senate that would end federal prohibition of medical marijuana. Mexico just legalized medical marijuana, so the cartels could take a big hit this year.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:Rand Paul and Cory Booker are bringing a bipartisan bill to the Senate that would end federal prohibition of medical marijuana. Mexico just legalized medical marijuana, so the cartels could take a big hit this year.
Just make it all legal. Medical marijuana is the biggest joke going. Might as well claim vodka is for pain management.

If the public wants to be stoner zombies, so be it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I like the assumption that those trafficking marijuana are suddenly gonna become lawyers and accountants.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i say making it legal and regulating it better is making the best of a not necessarily ideal situation. arguing that criminals will try to find some other way to be criminals, so we shouldn't legalize it just feels like a cop out argument to me.