Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Republicans sheepishly coming to Trump's defense today.

They don't care. Nothing is going to happen.
What was supposed to happen?
In a principled country there’d be outrage and immediate consequences including resignation and prison time. Nobody should use their office for corrupt ends. There shouldn’t need to be a “if the other side” assessment. It should just be fact.
Is using your office to make another country fire a prosecutor who is prosecuting a company your son works for under threat of withholding money fall into this category?
Sure.

I mean that’s not what happened since the Prosecutor in question was by every metric corrupt and being removed regardless. But sure, say Biden had the power to do foreign policy including foreign aid and he used that to get his son favored in the Ukraine then yes, that would be an abuse of power and the exact same should apply.
That's Biden's description of what he said to the Ukraine leadership. "Fire the guy before I leave in 6 hours or the money goes with me" he should probably drop out of the election for his admitted abuse of power.
Yup, the principled thing to do.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

In a principled country there’d be outrage and immediate consequences including resignation and prison time. Nobody should use their office for corrupt ends. There shouldn’t need to be a “if the other side” assessment. It should just be fact.
Is using your office to make another country fire a prosecutor who is prosecuting a company your son works for under threat of withholding money fall into this category?
500,000,000% yes.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Could the plan be to remove Biden from the mix?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:Could the plan be to remove Biden from the mix?
All they need to do is let him talk enough times, and that will happen anyway.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Libs finally gonna realize that once they’re balls deep in the election?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Libs finally gonna realize that once they’re balls deep in the election?
Warren: +175
Biden: +250

Idk man.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

That said, I'm skeptical of what the oddsmakers have been telling me. If you've been viewing Biden as a shoe-in for the nominee, now is the time to put some money down.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I wasn’t actually putting any stock into Warren, they’re serious about that? Good lord.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:I wasn’t actually putting any stock into Warren, they’re serious about that? Good lord.
I actually think she makes a lot of sense. She bridges the credibility with old Democrats (who like Biden best) with the young crazies (who want war on plastic straws). No young people like Biden. Bernie seems burnt out and the kids have moved on. Every time Kamala talks, you can see the scumbaggery coming to the surface little by little. I actually appreciate Yang's honesty and straight forward way of addressing issues other Democrats make dramatic emotional appeals about.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I think the Dems have misread this whole thing. They want Biden because in theory he will secure the olds and to reach across the aisle (since it's Biden, more of the ol reach around). But the sides have been set for years. It's Trump vs. the World. Democrats, there is no major constituency waffling between Trump and not Trump. They either fucking hate him or aren't going to vote anyway. I'm not certain Biden has been alive for many years, so I would consider other options. No anti-Trump olds will say "Not Warren", but many anti-Trump youngs will say "Not Biden". Fucking figure it out.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tulsi Gabbard was the only Democrat I found to be a decent candidate but she's in the wrong era for her to be a Democrat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:Tulsi Gabbard was the only Democrat I found to be a decent candidate but she's in the wrong era for her to be a Democrat.
As if I needed more evidence that she ain't a Democrat, you, Jason and Jiggy Swag all like her.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Tulsi Gabbard was the only Democrat I found to be a decent candidate but she's in the wrong era for her to be a Democrat.
As if I needed more evidence that she ain't a Democrat, you, Jason and Jiggy Swag all like her.
She could of been a great pre-early 1990's Democrat
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Sure.

I mean that’s not what happened since the Prosecutor in question was by every metric corrupt and being removed regardless. But sure, say Biden had the power to do foreign policy including foreign aid and he used that to get his son favored in the Ukraine then yes, that would be an abuse of power and the exact same should apply.
That's Biden's description of what he said to the Ukraine leadership. "Fire the guy before I leave in 6 hours or the money goes with me" he should probably drop out of the election for his admitted abuse of power.
Sure. Biden drops out, Trump resigns. We all move forward in a stronger direction.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
I am not a fan. She raised her hand with all the Dems about reparations. But she is a bit od a realist and pretty genuine. No other dem is like that. Can't say that for must republicans either. You also don't seem to see we've been undergoing a political paradigm shift.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Sure.

Sure. Biden drops out, Trump resigns. We all move forward in a stronger direction.
That would be fantastic. My grandparents are closing in on 90 and far more mentally competent than Uncle Joe. It's an absolute joke that he was ever a candidate.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'm just rooting for the more hilarious presidential debate. Trump-Biden edges out Trump-Warren, imo.

Also, Trump ignoring Greta Omen girl at the UN was hilarious.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
You also don't seem to see we've been undergoing a political paradigm shift.
Oh, obviously not. Let's just dive headfirst into this can of worms with no regard. I'm ready.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

If I could just pick the next president and vice president it would be Nikki Haley and Larry Hogan.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote:If I could just pick the next president and vice president it would be Nikki Haley and Larry Hogan.
I'm rooting for an assertive, 50-something independent who is pro-gun and tough on illegal immigration.

Not happening, though.