The October Challenge Discussion Thread: 2017

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: The October Challenge Discussion Thread: 2017

Post by showa58taro »

That’s not how guns work.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tom Petty reference. Bach down. Fucking amusing.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Also they are in Suburbia with lots of neighbors that we’ve seen around. Gunshot and sirens and nobody notices a thing? Bit hard to believe.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I have to pause it to draft a fantasy basketball team :cry:
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:I have to pause it to draft a fantasy basketball team :cry:
Dude. Sad times.
flyingspider

Post by flyingspider »

To be quite honest, I might have watched some of these mid to late 70's movies on television, but that was 40 years ago, and who remembers that?? That is why they are bolded, I am counting them as a first watch.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

flyingspider wrote:To be quite honest, I might have watched some of these mid to late 70's movies on television, but that was 40 years ago, and who remembers that?? That is why they are bolded, I am counting them as a first watch.
Seems fair. :)
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

showa58taro wrote:
flyingspider wrote:To be quite honest, I might have watched some of these mid to late 70's movies on television, but that was 40 years ago, and who remembers that?? That is why they are bolded, I am counting them as a first watch.

Wha? Not really. There have been SO many over the years that I haven't seen since I was a kid that I revisited but couldn't count because I had already seen it. No.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Wha? Not really. There have been SO many over the years that I haven't seen since I was a kid that I revisited but couldn't count because I had already seen it. No.
It’s everyones own challenge. If that’s what they feel then I don’t see why not.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:

Nobody can remember everything they have seen just do your best
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Lol. Great twist on foreshadowing.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Epic film. Very recommended.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

That's not the point, the point is that new watches only count for movies you haven't seen. Not forgotten because it's been so long.

Everyone's own challenge is their own extra rules, but the basic guidelines still states new watches = haven't seen. By all means, revisit ones you haven't seen in decades and can't remember, it's part of the fun, but don't count them as new.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Well I was ok with those being new watches. That was me. I’m not in charge.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

That's not the point, the point is that new watches only count for movies you haven't seen. Not forgotten because it's been so long.

Everyone's own challenge is their own extra rules, but the basic guidelines still states new watches = haven't seen. By all means, revisit ones you haven't seen in decades and can't remember, it's part of the fun, but don't count them as new.
Honestly sometimes I'm not sure at all it happens every challenge, getting older sucks.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Honestly sometimes I'm not sure at all it happens every challenge, getting older sucks.
Yup. I’ve started something thinking “ooh this looks fun” only to suddenly realize I’d seen it before.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Yup. I’ve started something thinking “ooh this looks fun” only to suddenly realize I’d seen it before.
I do change it if I do remember seeing it though
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Checking out this movie with Marylin Manson, Let's Make You A Martyr
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

showa58taro wrote:

To me, it sounds like spider's saying it's possible they've seen the movies before, but doesn't remember, which is what can happen when people aren't concerned with keeping lists of what they've seen. That's different from knowing you've seen a movie before and watching it again.

Case in point, I've not seen The Doorway (2000) since I was eleven or so, but I'm pretty sure I saw it. If spider watches a movie that they don't remember, but thinks it's vaguely possible that they've seen, without that specific memory or otherwise indication of seeing it (such as it being on a list of films you've seen), counting it as a new watch makes sense to me.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Hell House LLC was solid all-around.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/