Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:if standing for the anthem is such a big deal, to the point that you are anti-american if you don't stand, then everyone should be expected to attend the games so that they can stand, or else they don't respect our country or the sacrifices made for our country?
Or just use common sense and stand when it is played in your presence.
do you stand when it plays during a televised game?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:if standing for the anthem is such a big deal, to the point that you are anti-american if you don't stand, then everyone should be expected to attend the games so that they can stand, or else they don't respect our country or the sacrifices made for our country?
Or just use common sense and stand when it is played in your presence.
do you stand when it plays during a televised game?
Nope, it is not played in my presence. Just like I will talk over something on TV but not a person in my presence.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Zombie, when someone stands for the anthem, what are they signaling?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Kind of a reach dont you think
i thought it was a stretch to assume someone was anti-american because they chose to sit or kneel.

Ive never assumed that i think its disrespectful and not the place to protest.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Just so you also know, when we are out at an event, my staff stops what they are doing during the anthem. We do not take orders and we stop working.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:Zombie, when someone stands for the anthem, what are they signaling?
they are showing pride for the country, or are following those that show pride.

is that to say that is the only way to show pride? is that to say that if you don't stand, that you do not have any pride?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Kind of a reach dont you think
i thought it was a stretch to assume someone was anti-american because they chose to sit or kneel.

Ive never assumed that i think its disrespectful and not the place to protest.
understandable. others on the board do assume that though.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:

is that to say that is the only way to show pride? is that to say that if you don't stand, that you do not have any pride?
Those that do not stand are usually full of pride. LOTS of pride. TONS of pride.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Those that do not stand are usually full of pride. LOTS of pride. TONS of pride.
do you want to discuss or debate, or just turn everything into a big meme? maybe i'm getting it wrong. but making a joke out of it isn't going to serve anything.

do you think that i am anti-american, solely because i have sometimes not stood during the morning pledge? (i've never been at a ball game that i can recall) if so, why do you think that way?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

do you want to discuss or debate, or just turn everything into a big meme? maybe i'm getting it wrong. but making a joke out of it isn't going to serve anything.

do you think that i am anti-american, solely because i have sometimes not stood during the morning pledge? (i've never been at a ball game that i can recall) if so, why do you think that way?
I didnt have a choice not to stand with my hand on my heart for the pledge. I would of anyway but it wasnt optional.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Well, why did you stand sometimes and not other times? Was your back broken? Do you have a disorder that prevents you from standing at times?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

And my pride statement meant that those who do not stand have so much pride in themselves that they cannot stand in unison to honor what others have sacrificed for them.

Pride comes before the fall.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Well, why did you stand sometimes and not other times? Was your back broken? Do you have a disorder that prevents you from standing at times?
no, i do not have a disorder that prevents me from standing. i do not remember the exact reasons.

how would you determine someone's pride or respect for their country, if you did not have the opportunity to see them stand for the anthem or for the pledge? would you just assume they had no respect, until you saw them stand?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:And my pride statement meant that those who do not stand have so much pride in themselves that they cannot stand in unison to honor what others have sacrificed for them.

Pride comes before the fall.
selfishness could absolutely be reason for some not to stand, and if that was their reason, then shame away. i don't know how to determine that that is the reason, just from the act of sitting or kneeling though. i think you would have to know more about the person and their reasons.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

no, i do not have a disorder that prevents me from standing. i do not remember the exact reasons.

how would you determine someone's pride or respect for their country, if you did not have the opportunity to see them stand for the anthem or for the pledge? would you just assume they had no respect, until you saw them stand?
Well, that protest must have been really important to you. I would think I would remember reasons to disrespect the country I live in. Are there other protests you have done where you cannot recall the reasons?

I assume people to have respect until I see action otherwise.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

And to think, you objected when I mentioned you might be protesting Firefly's cancellation...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Well, that protest must have been really important to you. I would think I would remember reasons to disrespect the country I live in. Are there other protests you have done where you cannot recall the reasons?

I assume people to have respect until I see action otherwise.
so you do consider me to be anti-american simply because i didn't stand? you don't need to dance around it. you can tell me, when you think i'm shit for whatever reason.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Would appear to be the case. Refusing to stand for the pledge with no reason. Do you disagree?

Would you say a person who shouts "Nigger" at black people when they make him angry is a racist? Or is it ok, because the person shouting doesn't do anti-black people stuff most other times.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

if i shouted that america sucks, then you could liken it to shouting "nigger" at a group of african americans.

if someone couldn't remember why they didn't stand at some points, while also standing at others... i would not assume that they were anti american out of hand. but that's just me. maybe just a dumb kid at the worst. unless i had more to go on.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I for one am pleased that we are able to have the discussion.