October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Using the debate to pad out my decision for what movie to watch next lol.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:I'm gonna go through a list of horror movies I own that nearly everyone has seen but me, make a list, and ask you guys the most important one I should watch.
forget the loser debates, and make this happen! :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

giving blacula and scream blacula scream a watch, to round out the night.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:I'm gonna go through a list of horror movies I own that nearly everyone has seen but me, make a list, and ask you guys the most important one I should watch.
Upon a minute or two glancing at my collection, the only real one I found that I think everyone has seen but me is The Blob (1988). lol.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Upon a minute or two glancing at my collection, the only real one I found that I think everyone has seen but me is The Blob (1988). lol.
you're full of shit, rockhold! :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
whoawhoawhoa now.

Is this a reference I'm missing? :p
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
whoawhoawhoa now.

it is. watch the movie.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
whoawhoawhoa now.

it is. watch the movie.
I might squeeze it in tonight...
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Havok wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:I cannot believe how bad Return of the Living Dead III actually was. Might be a strong contender for one of the worst movies I've seen this month.
Huh. Worse than 2?

Huh.
This is coming from the person who thinks Most Likely To Die is actually a good movie.
Most Likely to Die was a good movie. Not as good as Don't Go to the Reunion, but solid still.

I didn't love Return of the Living Dead 2, but at least is wasn't a boring zombie romance filled with unlikable characters and ran too long. It amazes me that Return of the Living Dead III has the same rating as the second film. Getting rid of the comedy needn't have been a bad choice, but replacing it with a romance between two characters I literally hated from the first scene was not a smart move. Horrible, horrible film.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jigsaw wrote:
Havok wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:I cannot believe how bad Return of the Living Dead III actually was. Might be a strong contender for one of the worst movies I've seen this month.
Huh. Worse than 2?

Huh.
This is coming from the person who thinks Most Likely To Die is actually a good movie.
Most Likely to Die was a good movie. Not as good as Don't Go to the Reunion, but solid still.

I didn't love Return of the Living Dead 2, but at least is wasn't a boring zombie romance filled with unlikable characters and ran too long. It amazes me that Return of the Living Dead III has the same rating as the second film. Getting rid of the comedy needn't have been a bad choice, but replacing it with a romance between two characters I literally hated from the first scene was not a smart move. Horrible, horrible film.
I love 3 :D
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

the blacula movies turned out better than i expected them to be.thought it was a bad satire. pleasantly surprised. going in for another horror blaxploitation with dr. black. mr hyde.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Jigsaw wrote:I didn't love Return of the Living Dead 2, but at least is wasn't a boring zombie romance filled with unlikable characters and ran too long. It amazes me that Return of the Living Dead III has the same rating as the second film. Getting rid of the comedy needn't have been a bad choice, but replacing it with a romance between two characters I literally hated from the first scene was not a smart move. Horrible, horrible film.
I wouldn't call it horrible, but I don't see why people like it so much. It was definitely the worst of the three for me, and I agree about the characters being shit.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:the blacula movies turned out better than i expected them to be.thought it was a bad satire. pleasantly surprised. going in for another horror blaxploitation with dr. black. mr hyde.
I've not seen the second Blacula, but the first one was pretty solid. I think you've already seen it, but if you're in a blaxploitation mood, Sugar Hill is worth checking out.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:the blacula movies turned out better than i expected them to be.thought it was a bad satire. pleasantly surprised. going in for another horror blaxploitation with dr. black. mr hyde.
I've not seen the second Blacula, but the first one was pretty solid. I think you've already seen it, but if you're in a blaxploitation mood, Sugar Hill is worth checking out.
i don't think i've seen sugar hill. maybe i'll have to check it out.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

now doing a mini wes craven-thon, starting with people under the stairs.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Watching The Changeling, which I've not seen in at least ten years, probably longer.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

watching the serpent and the rainbow.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

House of Wax, 1953. I'm counting it as a new watch. I saw the last 10 minutes or so on a Halloween night in the early 80s as a kid. I have never watched it because I already knew the ending.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Starting up the silent classic The Fall of the House of Usher, or originally, La chute de la maison Usher (1928).

One of the drying pool of silent horror films I've yet to see. The print I have is horribly grainy and rather unseemly, but it actually has English inter-titles (well, English translations super-imposed over the existing French inter-titles, but life often isn't perfect), but it's only an hour and three minutes, so I think I can manage. :P