Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more drugs

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more dr

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:i say making it legal and regulating it better is making the best of a not necessarily ideal situation. arguing that criminals will try to find some other way to be criminals, so we shouldn't legalize it just feels like a cop out argument to me.
I think OxyContin vending machines are also a good idea. Give addicts their fix.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:i say making it legal and regulating it better is making the best of a not necessarily ideal situation. arguing that criminals will try to find some other way to be criminals, so we shouldn't legalize it just feels like a cop out argument to me.
I think OxyContin vending machines are also a good idea. Give addicts their fix.
because being sensible and realistic with your argument doesn't hold up, so you have to jump to trying to make it ridiculous.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Rand Paul and Cory Booker are bringing a bipartisan bill to the Senate that would end federal prohibition of medical marijuana. Mexico just legalized medical marijuana, so the cartels could take a big hit this year.
Just make it all legal. Medical marijuana is the biggest joke going. Might as well claim vodka is for pain management.

If the public wants to be stoner zombies, so be it.
I dont really get your position on medical marijuana even if millions of healthy people use it recreationally doesnt mean that people who are sick would not benefit from it. You sound like a pharmaceutical sales rep.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Rand Paul and Cory Booker are bringing a bipartisan bill to the Senate that would end federal prohibition of medical marijuana. Mexico just legalized medical marijuana, so the cartels could take a big hit this year.
Just make it all legal. Medical marijuana is the biggest joke going. Might as well claim vodka is for pain management.

I dont really get your position on medical marijuana even if millions of healthy people use it recreationally doesnt mean that people who are sick would not benefit from it. You sound like a pharmaceutical sales rep.
I don't believe in charades. In 2017, smoking something and claiming it is medicinal is absurd.

Just let people get high and quit pretending it is medicine. I am ok with changing the laws, in fact, I prefer changing them once than wasting billions in resources changing them five times including trying to regulate a bullshit industry.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

People have pretended all manner of substance abuse is medicine over the years, including alcohol. It is nothing new. Either make it legal or illegal, half measures are a waste of resources.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Foo wrote:

I don't believe in charades. In 2017, smoking something and claiming it is medicinal is absurd.

Just let people get high and quit pretending it is medicine. I am ok with changing the laws, in fact, I prefer changing them once than wasting billions in resources changing them five times including trying to regulate a bullshit industry.
I believe really sick people eat more than they smoke. And why is morphine medicine and cannabis not. Its becuase of someones opinion not science. If you could grow morphine and cannabis needed to be created in a lab history would of been different.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:People have pretended all manner of substance abuse is medicine over the years, including alcohol. It is nothing new. Either make it legal or illegal, half measures are a waste of resources.
make it legal to those 21 & up would be my approach. handle it in a similar way to how cigarettes and alcohol are handled now. trying to push the medical angle seems only to be done to gradually make it more acceptable to those that don't find it to be acceptable.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

This country has never cared about the science behind marijuana. Which is why nobody who argued its beneficial medicinal properties ever got a chance to see the Senate floor, but a bunch of racially-loaded opinion-based testimonies did. Then they banned it. 80 years ago.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

A lot of people have legitimate medical need for CBD. Foo doesn't believe that. That's pretty much all there is to it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:A lot of people have legitimate medical need for CBD. Foo doesn't believe that. That's pretty much all there is to it.
then legalize marijuana in general, but then have stronger forms by prescription?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:A lot of people have legitimate medical need for CBD. Foo doesn't believe that. That's pretty much all there is to it.
then legalize marijuana in general, but then have stronger forms by prescription?
The stuff people want to smoke recreationally has high THC content but low CBD content, vice versa for the stuff people smoke/ingest medicinally. So the distinction is already there.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i just don't think that drug use should be something you go to prison for. prison should be for causing harm to other people or to property. rapists, murderers, thieves... those are criminals. some guy who smokes pot is not a criminal. at least that's how i feel it should be.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

To put it incredibly simply, THC is psychoactive while CBD is pain relieving and they work to offset each other.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
The stuff people want to smoke recreationally has high THC content but low CBD content, vice versa for the stuff people smoke/ingest medicinally. So the distinction is already there.
fair enough. but this should be, nationwide, the way it's handled.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:i just don't think that drug use should be something you go to prison for. prison should be for causing harm to other people or to property. rapists, murderers, thieves... those are criminals. some guy who smokes pot is not a criminal. at least that's how i feel it should be.
Neither is a guy who does crack or heroin or LSD, unless they committed another crime that legitimately harms others. Drug addicts fare horribly in prison too.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
fair enough. but this should be, nationwide, the way it's handled.
Aren't there both legal pot shops and medical dispensaries in Colorado?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:i just don't think that drug use should be something you go to prison for. prison should be for causing harm to other people or to property. rapists, murderers, thieves... those are criminals. some guy who smokes pot is not a criminal. at least that's how i feel it should be.
Neither is a guy who does crack or heroin or LSD, unless they committed another crime that legitimately harms others. Drug addicts fare horribly in prison too.
agreed, on all counts.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:I like the assumption that those trafficking marijuana are suddenly gonna become lawyers and accountants.
Straw man. And hustling backwards.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:People have pretended all manner of substance abuse is medicine over the years, including alcohol. It is nothing new. Either make it legal or illegal, half measures are a waste of resources.
make it legal to those 21 & up would be my approach. handle it in a similar way to how cigarettes and alcohol are handled now. trying to push the medical angle seems only to be done to gradually make it more acceptable to those that don't find it to be acceptable.
Cigarettes and alcohol are disasters. Why would we handle anything else like that?

Do you want freedom or not?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Cigarettes and alcohol are disasters. Why would we handle anything else like that?

Do you want freedom or not?
i''ll bite. how am i pushing against freedom?