Recently Watched Movies

You can talk about anything here
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: Recently Watched Movies

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Another Spider Man movie? Jesus H.

Is it related to any others? Or is it like reboot number 5 or some shit...
it's related to spidey's appearance in captain america: civil war. but not to any previous spider-man movies.
Yep, but clearly Jason is trolling as this new Spider-man movie had fucking hype every damn where :P I know he lives behind some rocks, but it's not underneath some rocks, lol.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I heard about it around a week ago. Had no idea it was already out. :p
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

10 Cloverfield Lane

I finally got around to watching it! :oops:
I was a little nervous since I didn't watch the first one I wouldn't understand some things. Nope. I really liked it. That part with Goodman and the barrel. :shock:
I love scary Goodman. And a funny Goodman.I just love John Goodman!
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Ava wrote:10 Cloverfield Lane

I finally got around to watching it! :oops:
I was a little nervous since I didn't watch the first one I wouldn't understand some things. Nope. I really liked it. That part with Goodman and the barrel. :shock:
I love scary Goodman. And a funny Goodman.I just love John Goodman!
He is always great. I loved him in 10 Cloverfield Lane.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Baby Driver.

Really fun fast-paced and excellent choreography and action as a result. Superb use of audio.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:Baby Driver.

Really fun fast-paced and excellent choreography and action as a result. Superb use of audio.
Fuck'n a
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Lost City of Z

It's a darker spin on the classic adventure genre. One of the better looks at the Amazon jungle you'll see in movies. A little slow moving but worth a watch.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I do want to see that one.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:It was pretty hilarious to me and I don't know why you were hunting for Shamalamadingdong twists. It should have always been obvious where the threat was going to come from, just a matter of when and how it gets to that point and the tension and uncomfortable aura surrounding everything leading up to that realization could not have been more perfect. The scene where Chris meets all the family friends is incredible.
Didn't find that to be the case at all, but to each his own, fair enough, all that good shit.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Recently Watched Mov

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:Get Out also gets "right film at the right time" props as a cultural landmark from me. A distinction I find pretty cool personally. Other movies off the top of my head that fit that description: Rebel Without a Cause, Easy Rider, The Conversation, Wall Street, Do the Right Thing, Clueless, Fight Club and The Matrix (and such a list would be an interesting discussion on its own)
Ah, now I get it. Greed is good, and so was Get Out.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Despicable Me 3

Not too bad for a movie I wasn't too hot on going to see. The main villain is an 80's dork so it had tons of fun hits from that decade.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

War for The Planet Of The Apes

5 stars. This is one of those times when being inarticulate bugs the hell out of me because it was so good. Best thing I've seen since Fury Road.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Spiderman: Homecoming

Second viewing. Ferry scene is a bit clearer to me, I did blink and miss something, but I still say without Spidey things could've been much worse. Also, I think Keaton's Vulture is now my favorite live action spidey villain now.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Wish Upon

One of the most dumbest movies ever. The lead chick is a complete idiot with no remorse for anybody except herself. Information just goes right over her head. i'd also like to know where the horror was at in this one? There was no tension and nothing that helped create atmosphere. There is just no tone for this film, half of this film was some high school teen angst bullshit with some minor horror elements. Also, I'm not joking, lightning was used a cheap jump scare tactic. It's almost on par with the turning on the light scare in the beginning of Ouija.

It's not a complete mess, like Bye Bye Man, but it's pretty close. BBM is unintentionally hilarious for how serious they're trying to make it. Wish Upon, is quite uninteresting for the majority of the movie with a few bright spots of utter stupidity. This film gave me one of the biggest laughs i'd ever gotten in a theater. My God that bathtub scene is just amazing. It's not really worth a recommendation, just for that scene, but damn that'll be youtube material in a couple months. Also, I'm not one to hark on directors, but this guy shouldn't be allowed to have his films released in theaters. He doesn't know how to direct horror at all.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I was considering that for next Friday. Maybe I'll go with Spiderman.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Demon Inside (2013) aka Espectro

I really liked that it started off with such an intense scene (found it to more realistic than Irreversible since the guy didn't try and sexy talk like a dork and ruin it) but soon found myself in a why the hell am I watching this zone only to have the twist have me hanging on the edge of my seat. It does have the WORST ripoff of the blood scene from The Shining I have ever seen. Silly Mama style ghost crawling on the floor but damn if the story doesn't get good by the end. One of those half the movie stinks but the other half is decent.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Monster wrote:War for The Planet Of The Apes

5 stars. This is one of those times when being inarticulate bugs the hell out of me because it was so good. Best thing I've seen since Fury Road.
Damn. That is high praise. Annoyed as I won't get to see it. Film is ruined for me. Annoying.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

showa58taro wrote:
Monster wrote:War for The Planet Of The Apes

Damn. That is high praise. Annoyed as I won't get to see it. Film is ruined for me. Annoying.
Ruined?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

It's a monkey movie. lol.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

It's greatness, you speciesist fuck.