Recently Watched Movies

You can talk about anything here
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Recently Watched Movies

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:18 pm Look, when Rob Zombie swan dives, at least he dives into horror and cool shit in the vein. Not whatever the fuck these last two Halloweenies are "thinking".
I hate Zombie's 2nd Halloween movie its ridiculous,stupid,absurd and totally without value....Halloween Ends isn't as good as Zombies 2nd Halloween movie or any Halloween movie
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:10 pm
Reign in Blood wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:18 pm Look, when Rob Zombie swan dives, at least he dives into horror and cool shit in the vein. Not whatever the fuck these last two Halloweenies are "thinking".
I hate Zombie's 2nd Halloween movie its ridiculous,stupid,absurd and totally without value....Halloween Ends isn't as good as Zombies 2nd Halloween movie or any Halloween movie
Wow, I was fully prepared to go to battle for my flick H2, but this was you proceeding to throw Ends right into the gutter trash. :))
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Here's the difference. Rob Zombie is a legit artist, and like many artist, his ideas are disjointed as fuck. He's the type that could probably use 50 edits of his scripts, but fuck it ain't no one got time for that. And Sherri Moon ain't brought him down to earth, he needs that, but ain't found it.

Now this David Gordon Green motherfucker is just douching. And this pisses me off because I think Your Highness is one of the most brilliant seminal comedies of our time. God damn does the Minotaur stuff slay me.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I hate Halloween Ends so much that I woke up pissed off lol. My anger, dismay and annoyance all joined forces during my slumber and now I wanna break something. Fuck that movie!
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Bitch Ass. Slasher film about a some teens doing a gang initiation where they are supposed to rob a house, but run into the nutty guy that lives there. Fairly decent film, but the editing was a bit odd. They used various aspect ratios and some shots straight out of the 2003 Hulk film. They also used some lenses that made the edges bend a bit, kinda like a fish eye lens, but not that extreme. Strange stuff, but it didn't ruin anything. Also, it's got a prologue and epilogue with Tony Todd as a narrator, Cryptkeeper style.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

VHS 99. First story was kinda dumb, just a bunch of assholes and some zombies. The second was fucked up, since it's something that could actually happen(minus the "twist" ending). The third starts off pretty funny, but has a weird ending. Fourth was meh and had questionable cgi. The last one is just fun and my favorite of the bunch. There's no real over-arching plot and the tie-in story is just someone from the fourth one making a stop-motion army man film that has nothing to do with anything. I'd say it was ok for the most part, with the last one being the only really interesting one.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

The Loneliest Boy in the World. A teen that was raised alone by his mother is tasked with finding a friend after his mother dies, or be sent to an asylum. This is a weird one. The kid starts digging up dead people to be his new family, complete with a dog he accidentally ran over. They suddenly come to life, but are still rotting away. I was constantly asking myself, "what the fuck is going on", but not in a bad way. While it's definitely more comedy, it's also a coming of age story, but with zombies. Good film.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Satan's Little Helper. Haven't watched this in about ten years and I seem to have forgotten alot of the little details. The first hour is just cheesy/goofy shit with the dumbass kid hanging out with the psycho while he kills people. After that, it becomes a genuine horror film, with some surprisingly good ideas. The only real drawback is the kid, who's supremely annoying, and possibly mentally challenged. He wants to marry his sister(Katheryn Winnick, so I can't blame him), he's obsessed with satan, thinks the murders are fake(even when he's witnessing a baby getting knocked out of a stroller and a woman being hanged), and is just all around a fucking annoying shitweasel. The killer is great. He just wants to cause chaos, doesn't talk, and has an interesting costume. I think this is a highly underrated film that everyone should give a chance if you can find it.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Terrifier 2. Art got a mini me. Surprisingly well-paced for such a long horror film. The kills are what you'd expect given the previous film. Some of the effects reminded me of Tumbling Doll of Flesh, which is weird, but it was probably intentional. Dunno how I feel about the twist with the girl. It's a bit too much for me, but it didn't ruin anything. Pretty good sequel all told, though I think I prefer the first one.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Feed Me. A man agrees to let another man eat him after his wife dies. Probably the weirdest cannibal film I've seen. I expected a horror comedy, and it was for the first half, but then it kinda got serious and almost dramatic at the end. I actually kinda felt bad for the cannibal guy. He knew he was fucked up mentally, but couldn't escape it(something I'm all too familiar with). Worth a watch, but you might have to be in the right mood for it.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Troll. A troll is let loose while making a tunnel through a mountain. Plays out like one of the newer Godzilla films, just a big dude taking a walk and people freaking out about how to stop him. It was pretty good. Some decent nerdy humor, but mostly serious. I prefer Trollhunter as far as good troll films go, but this is still worth a watch.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Skinamarink. A couple kids(preschool age) wake up in the middle of the night and their parents are missing. Shit in the house starts disappearing(e.g. windows, doors, the fucking toilet, etc.). They try to call for help, but the phone is dead. Lots of slow, still shots of walls, hallways, and shit, mostly taken from the vantage point of the kids. The film itself is grainy and dark, but not Begotten levels of grainy; you can still mostly make out what's going on as long as there's some light. There are hardcoded subs for some parts because the kids can barely fucking talk and the sound quality is ass, but I would recommend using subtitles since not everything is hardcoded and they're usually whispering(plus it helps to figure out who the hell is talking). Very weird film with no real plot or resolution. It's all about the atmosphere and making you feel unsettled. If that's your thing, check it out.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Christmas Bloody Christmas. An animatronic Santa goes on a killing spree. They decided to have first-person shots for Santa in the beginning and it's pretty fucking terrible. Thankfully they stopped once things picked up. The first half has enough dialogue to give Kevin Smith a run for his money. It was ok, but they essentially turned it into the Terminator at the end.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

not sure what to make of terrifier 2 storywise, but it was fun to look at.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Bullet Train. I thought this was one of the funniest movies I've seen in years. Highly recommend
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Just finished Barbarian (2022) - the first film of Jiggy’s 2022 Horrorthonᵀᴹ :P

Still collecting my thoughts before I start in on my review. Definitely liked some aspects of it, but overall, I really don't know if it's going to be that memorable.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jigsaw wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:22 am Just finished Barbarian (2022) - the first film of Jiggy’s 2022 Horrorthonᵀᴹ :P

Still collecting my thoughts before I start in on my review. Definitely liked some aspects of it, but overall, I really don't know if it's going to be that memorable.
Orly? You gonna sign up for an air bnb in Detroit?
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

I don't see why people were praising it, as it wasn't anything special. Had a few funny bits, but I'm with Jig, nothing memorable.

And no one wants to get an air bnb in detroit. That has nothing to do with the movie, and everything to do with detroit.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Reign in Blood wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:14 pm
Jigsaw wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:22 am Just finished Barbarian (2022) - the first film of Jiggy’s 2022 Horrorthonᵀᴹ :P

Orly? You gonna sign up for an air bnb in Detroit?
This may not come as a surprise to anyone, but I didn't even know what Air Bnb was until I watched this movie.

I don't get out much. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Just finished So Cold the River.

Had some decent aspects, and was also filmed in Indiana. Still, I don't think the story came together, and ultimately, I found this one rather disappointing.