Yup, no problems here...

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Yup, no problems here...

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Democrats are undeniably shady on a level that makes the Republicans blush.

Look at it this way: If the democrats had control and they were able to completely outlaw guns without any backlash from gun supporters, do you think they would do it?
i think that there are those in both parties that would take extreme action toward their policies, if they felt that they would get away with it.
Agree. And it was so fun watching both sides squirm as Trump rose in the polls during the primaries and eventually win the election. The only guy on either platform who wasn't bought and owned. An actual person in office, and he has been the best president in my lifetime.
best is always a matter of opinion.
The moment the Dems got power in 2008, they decided to pass the biggest tax hike in history, and the first to penalize you for simply being alive. Ask D how Obabamcare was working for him, as I know he mentioned it a few times.

The republicans came into power, and passed huge tax cuts, and since we have seen more prosperity than any of us have ever seen in this country.
Lol.....and Trump care is even worse, except for them not forcing you to pay for insurance. Something has to be done, and it can be done better. But both sides have their heads so far up there asses, I don't have faith anything will be done for the good of the people. Tribalism at it's early stages and moving rapidly in this country.

So, for people like D, who cannot afford Obamacare or Trump care.......when they have to go to the ER, who pays for it? The people like me who have jobs with decent insurance. Our premiums go up as a result. And that is not a knock at all on D.....as I've been there and done that not too long ago. It's our system that sucks ass and geared for the big RX coorporations to make more money and rip off the poor and the middle class.

My premiums are going up $140 more per month as of January 1st because of Trump care. And it went up because of Obamacare before that. Now I am paying $320 vs $180 per month. We need to elect officials who care about the people (not just Dems or repubs) instead of those paid by interest groups. But we are too blind and wanna just follow and be led as long as it is a guy on "their side".

Hmmph.... :P
You are not forced to pay that under Trump. You have the ultimate choice, which is to shop around, or simply not buy. Obamacare forced you to buy a certain level from certain people, at a certain price, which is awful and the absolute opposite of freedom.

Don't blame Trump for your choice. You do not have to buy that insurance under him.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Is Foo joking? I remember a lot of conservatives afraid that Obama would come for their guns, anxious to death about that. It never happened, on a side-note, but the anxiety was there. I remember it clearly.
I bet you don't remember any of that. I bet you remember liberals stating that is why. I manage a gun club kitchen as part of the food business, and literally the only thing they were worried about was certain types of guns being banned, which was real and discussed. There was zero panic.
I literally remember some conservatives literally worried that Obama was literally going to ban guns and take away their firearms, so you literally just lost that bet.
they were worried about stupid laws, not complete bans. That was what Obama was discussing, two guns could be identical in function but look different and one would be banned and one not. They feared stupidity.
I remember a shit ton of guys at work, at my shows, and on the internet (Facebook, Bengals forum, etc), saying that Obama and the Dems are not only trying to take guns from citizens, but they also had a fear of them enacting Marshall Law. Idiots are everywhere man. It's not just one side.
You hang around bar flies. I am talking about real people. Lulz.
Nope. My shows are events with tickets and only half the audience even drinks. Check out my sobriety posts on Facebook. 90% of those responding are fans of mine who don't drink. These are concerts we put on. Not play 4 hours a night for free beer to a bunch of drunks. This is where you have it all wrong about my shows.
Hint: you called your friends stupid, not me.
Not everyone I talked to or used as an example in my post I would consider a friend. I was using a whole spectrum of people in my post. And I was saying there are idiots on both sides, no matter how bad ya wanna paint libs as the bad guys and the Republicans as the good guys. That's a weird dynamic for an independent.
I hate RINOs. Those two flip flopping hags in the Senate can go fall off buildings and make the world a better place.

I have certain ideals, that include:

- allow me to prosper
- don't ask me to subsidize the laziness of others
- protect the innocent
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Democrats are undeniably shady on a level that makes the Republicans blush.

Look at it this way: If the democrats had control and they were able to completely outlaw guns without any backlash from gun supporters, do you think they would do it?
i think that there are those in both parties that would take extreme action toward their policies, if they felt that they would get away with it.
Agree. And it was so fun watching both sides squirm as Trump rose in the polls during the primaries and eventually win the election. The only guy on either platform who wasn't bought and owned. An actual person in office, and he has been the best president in my lifetime.
The moment the Dems got power in 2008, they decided to pass the biggest tax hike in history, and the first to penalize you for simply being alive. Ask D how Obabamcare was working for him, as I know he mentioned it a few times.

The republicans came into power, and passed huge tax cuts, and since we have seen more prosperity than any of us have ever seen in this country.
Lol.....and Trump care is even worse, except for them not forcing you to pay for insurance. Something has to be done, and it can be done better. But both sides have their heads so far up there asses, I don't have faith anything will be done for the good of the people. Tribalism at it's early stages and moving rapidly in this country.

So, for people like D, who cannot afford Obamacare or Trump care.......when they have to go to the ER, who pays for it? The people like me who have jobs with decent insurance. Our premiums go up as a result. And that is not a knock at all on D.....as I've been there and done that not too long ago. It's our system that sucks ass and geared for the big RX coorporations to make more money and rip off the poor and the middle class.

My premiums are going up $140 more per month as of January 1st because of Trump care. And it went up because of Obamacare before that. Now I am paying $320 vs $180 per month. We need to elect officials who care about the people (not just Dems or repubs) instead of those paid by interest groups. But we are too blind and wanna just follow and be led as long as it is a guy on "their side".

You are not forced to pay that under Trump. You have the ultimate choice, which is to shop around, or simply not buy. Obamacare forced you to buy a certain level from certain people, at a certain price, which is awful and the absolute opposite of freedom.

Don't blame Trump for your choice. You do not have to buy that insurance under him.
But I chose it because the price was reasonable. (Notice I said WAS) Now it isn't. And I am shopping around now, lol, and the wife and I are currently weighing our options. How is that my fault? And my company said it was because of "Trumpcare", but I can't blame him? I blame Congress, him, and anyone who supported this ripoff. If it was better, premiums would significantly go down not significantly going up. And it is something I figure people who care about the deficit would be pissed about.

Can't blame Trump for anything, eh?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Is Foo joking? I remember a lot of conservatives afraid that Obama would come for their guns, anxious to death about that. It never happened, on a side-note, but the anxiety was there. I remember it clearly.
I bet you don't remember any of that. I bet you remember liberals stating that is why. I manage a gun club kitchen as part of the food business, and literally the only thing they were worried about was certain types of guns being banned, which was real and discussed. There was zero panic.
I literally remember some conservatives literally worried that Obama was literally going to ban guns and take away their firearms, so you literally just lost that bet.
they were worried about stupid laws, not complete bans. That was what Obama was discussing, two guns could be identical in function but look different and one would be banned and one not. They feared stupidity.
I remember a shit ton of guys at work, at my shows, and on the internet (Facebook, Bengals forum, etc), saying that Obama and the Dems are not only trying to take guns from citizens, but they also had a fear of them enacting Marshall Law. Idiots are everywhere man. It's not just one side.
You hang around bar flies. I am talking about real people. Lulz.
Nope. My shows are events with tickets and only half the audience even drinks. Check out my sobriety posts on Facebook. 90% of those responding are fans of mine who don't drink. These are concerts we put on. Not play 4 hours a night for free beer to a bunch of drunks. This is where you have it all wrong about my shows.
Hint: you called your friends stupid, not me.
Not everyone I talked to or used as an example in my post I would consider a friend. I was using a whole spectrum of people in my post. And I was saying there are idiots on both sides, no matter how bad ya wanna paint libs as the bad guys and the Republicans as the good guys. That's a weird dynamic for an independent.
I hate RINOs. Those two flip flopping hags in the Senate can go fall off buildings and make the world a better place.

I have certain ideals, that include:

- allow me to prosper
- don't ask me to subsidize the laziness of others
- protect the innocent
I can totally dig it. :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Yeah, the forcing thing sucked, but I was barely getting by paying it, but even worse: pillaging my tax return for fines that they claim I didn't pay enough in insurance, yet I couldn't overpay payments in the first place (they seriously wouldn't let me, as I tried to do that to avoid my tax return getting fucked the second year).
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Yeah, the forcing thing sucked, but I was barely getting by paying it, but even worse: pillaging my tax return for fines that they claim I didn't pay enough in insurance, yet I couldn't overpay payments in the first place (they seriously wouldn't let me, as I tried to do that to avoid my tax return getting fucked the second year).
I didn't like Obamacare once I really looked into it. Which didn't take long. At least you don't have to go through that mandatory fee now. This new one is 90% as bad as Obamacare.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

But I chose it because the price was reasonable. (Notice I said WAS) Now it isn't. And I am shopping around now, lol, and the wife and I are currently weighing our options. How is that my fault? And my company said it was because of "Trumpcare", but I can't blame him? I blame Congress, him, and anyone who supported this ripoff. If it was better, premiums would significantly go down not significantly going up. And it is something I figure people who care about the deficit would be pissed about.

I hate to tell you, but the price is VERY reasonable for a dude who has already had a heart attack and has had other health scares and issues at your age. Think of it this way, you pay around $4k a year, how much does a heart attack cost the insurance company? Something has to give. It is about how risky you are.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:For the budget hawks-

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -year-high

MAGA!
"The Treasury reported this month that the government paid $523 billion in total interest in fiscal 2018, the highest on record."

You think Obama running up more debt than the previous 43 presidents before him combined had something to do with the interest payments that are killing us?

Who do you blame, the person who ran up the credit card, or the guy who inherited it?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I also noticed that tax revenues are up. Remember when liberals stated how those tax cuts were going to create debt? Well, it increased revenues by growing the economy.

Again, 2/3's of the deficit was interest payments from past spending.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:

No. Every liberal or Democrat that is a man, that I know from around these parts own guns....hunt.....etc.

If a liberal said that if Republicans can send all darker skin folk (not white) out of the country, they would......I would tell them they are full of shit too and believe that there are only two sides to everything. That's where we are in this country.
Talking about politicans, here.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

No.

Because nobody has ever advocated for that in US politics and been taken seriously.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:

MAGA!
"The Treasury reported this month that the government paid $523 billion in total interest in fiscal 2018, the highest on record."

You think Obama running up more debt than the previous 43 presidents before him combined had something to do with the interest payments that are killing us?

Who do you blame, the person who ran up the credit card, or the guy who inherited it?
The payments weren’t made better by a giant tax cut that massively increased the interest payments.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:

No.

Because nobody has ever advocated for that in US politics and been taken seriously.
Come 4 guns, mite git shot
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

I hate to tell you, but the price is VERY reasonable for a dude who has already had a heart attack and has had other health scares and issues at your age. Think of it this way, you pay around $4k a year, how much does a heart attack cost the insurance company? Something has to give. It is about how risky you are.
I pay the same as my co worker who hasn't had a heart attack and is fit as hell. Young. Former military and bordor patrol agent. Doesn't smoke. Not sure if he drinks alcohol. Eats relatively healthy. He pays the same. My point stands if you take me out of the equation. I should have been more clear.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:

MAGA!

Wait.....Obama inherited a worse mess than Trump. Hell, give Trump credit for making the economy even better....let's give you that one. But let's stop pretending that the economic growth trend had not been happening since the evil Muslim devil Obama's end of his first term.

Trump can leave after 8 years with the worst economy of all time, and right wing media will find a way to blame Obama, Hillary, and Bill Clinton. Oh, and Beyonce.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

MAGA!

The payments weren’t made better by a giant tax cut that massively increased the interest payments.
Yup. My point is, both presidents didn't give all fucks about the deficit.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

MAGA!

Tax cuts don't increase interest payments, interest rate and debt do.

The revenues have increased under Trump. His tax cuts created more government income. We now start every year over $500 billion in the hole because of Obama and Bush, primarily.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:

MAGA!

Wait.....Obama inherited a worse mess than Trump. Hell, give Trump credit for making the economy even better....let's give you that one. But let's stop pretending that the economic growth trend had not been happening since the evil Muslim devil Obama's end of his first term.

Trump can leave after 8 years with the worst economy of all time, and right wing media will find a way to blame Obama, Hillary, and Bill Clinton. Oh, and Beyonce.
Obama borrowed like crazy. The growth was an illusion because it was unsustainable. Would be like a person acting all successful by buying a bunch of things on credit they can't pay back. Looks good until you can't pay the premiums. Politicians have learned to simply make it the next guy's problem.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

I pay the same as my co worker who hasn't had a heart attack and is fit as hell. Young. Former military and bordor patrol agent. Doesn't smoke. Not sure if he drinks alcohol. Eats relatively healthy. He pays the same. My point stands if you take me out of the equation. I should have been more clear.
I am not trying to be mean, but do you have any idea how insurance works? You were bitching about your premium. I stated it was actually quite low given both your past use of it as well as projected future use.

You then point out a healthy co-worker who pays exactly the same. Do you want to guess why? He is subsidizing you. He is very low risk in comparison. Basically, his should be $100 and yours should be $600. Instead, you both pay $350. When you see him again, thank him for living a healthy life and paying more so you can be reckless and pay less. Or at least don't complain about it!