Hyper Sensitivity...when thoughts are enough

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Hyper Sensitivity...when thoughts are enough

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Fuck it, everybody stick to boring costumes. Stick to your race, if you're white, no other color scheme is allowed etc. No diversity allowed what so ever, because someone might get offended. I'm cool with it. Shitcan that Jordy Verrill, make him out of Cauliflower instead, D.
The only way Halloween can be fun is if people wear blackface?
If D dresses as the Hitchhiker from Creepshow 2 wearing blackface it ruins your life?
Nope. Does it ruin your life if society doesn't want him to?
Having their feelings hurt and doesn't want him to, who gives a fuck. Forms a lynch mob and gets him fired from his job, that would piss me off.
Good thing that would never happen. Instead you'll have to settle for the harsh reality of a public figure losing her job and taking home 69 million dollars.
Really? With social media being what it is, no grunt has ever been fired over backlash found and/or gotten back to their employer? It's only the millionaire club.
There have been cases of racists doing brazenly racist shit because they didn't think they'd be held accountable in any way and getting fired. Fuck them, they're parasites.
That's reality. Been that way for how long?
Not long enough.
I know you're off the grid now, but when you were here, how many genuine inherently racist people did you know?
Three or four, maybe. The most open was a South African ex-special forces dude, and he was pretty damn shameless about it. Of course, you can never really know the answer to that, right? Maybe a racist person feels a level of comfort to be open, sometimes not.

Do you have a problem with an employee being fired if some racist tirade they go on ends up on the internet?
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Tough world when white people can't wear blackface or say the n-word. How can we ever have fun or speak freely?
But they can wear whiteface and they get carte blanche to say whatever the fuck they want, against police officers, medics etc now. That's definitely fun.
Well yeah that tends to be the case when you've been oppressed to a horrific degree for hundreds of years, and the effects of that oppression still shape socioeconomic conditions to this day.
Tell me about all the oppression LeBron James Jr. is facing that will grant him special rights to say and do things that some white trash kid in a trailer park can't do.
That's class privilege. Separate topic altogether.
Which one can say "Nigga, Nigga, Nigga" without being branded a racist? Is that because of his class or his race?
Why would you even need to ask this? Hard to imagine how you'd make an argument with this one.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Fuck it, everybody stick to boring costumes. Stick to your race, if you're white, no other color scheme is allowed etc. No diversity allowed what so ever, because someone might get offended. I'm cool with it. Shitcan that Jordy Verrill, make him out of Cauliflower instead, D.
If D dresses as the Hitchhiker from Creepshow 2 wearing blackface it ruins your life?
Having their feelings hurt and doesn't want him to, who gives a fuck. Forms a lynch mob and gets him fired from his job, that would piss me off.
Good thing that would never happen. Instead you'll have to settle for the harsh reality of a public figure losing her job and taking home 69 million dollars.
Really? With social media being what it is, no grunt has ever been fired over backlash found and/or gotten back to their employer? It's only the millionaire club.
There have been cases of racists doing brazenly racist shit because they didn't think they'd be held accountable in any way and getting fired. Fuck them, they're parasites.
Not long enough.
I know you're off the grid now, but when you were here, how many genuine inherently racist people did you know?
Three or four, maybe. The most open was a South African ex-special forces dude, and he was pretty damn shameless about it. Of course, you can never really know the answer to that, right? Maybe a racist person feels a level of comfort to be open, sometimes not.

Do you have a problem with an employee being fired if some racist tirade they go on ends up on the internet?
I know 0, I know plenty that have their prejudices, but none that blanket a race and want to hate out of spite.

Context matters.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Not long enough.

I know 0, I know plenty that have their prejudices, but none that blanket a race and want to hate out of spite.

Context matters.
What's the appropriate context for a racist tirade? Reading a script, I guess? If I'm an employer and I hear it, that motherfucker's done. I can't have that at my business.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Where are we drawing the line between prejudices and racist?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Tough world when white people can't wear blackface or say the n-word. How can we ever have fun or speak freely?
But they can wear whiteface and they get carte blanche to say whatever the fuck they want, against police officers, medics etc now. That's definitely fun.
Well yeah that tends to be the case when you've been oppressed to a horrific degree for hundreds of years, and the effects of that oppression still shape socioeconomic conditions to this day.
Tell me about all the oppression LeBron James Jr. is facing that will grant him special rights to say and do things that some white trash kid in a trailer park can't do.
Which one can say "Nigga, Nigga, Nigga" without being branded a racist? Is that because of his class or his race?
Why would you even need to ask this? Hard to imagine how you'd make an argument with this one.
Your argument was that special social privileges are granted due to oppression. I point out someone who never has been nor never will be oppressed still having those privileges, while a person who currently is and perhaps always will be, does not.

You see no issue here?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Not long enough.

Context matters.
What's the appropriate context for a racist tirade? Reading a script, I guess? If I'm an employer and I hear it, that motherfucker's done. I can't have that at my business.
A text meant to be private between 2 people versus putting a million twitter followers on blast?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Your argument was that special social privileges are granted due to oppression. I point out someone who never has been nor never will be oppressed still having those privileges, while a person who currently is and perhaps always will be, does not.

You see no issue here?
Who is the oppressed person you're referring to?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Not long enough.

Context matters.
A text meant to be private between 2 people versus putting a million twitter followers on blast?
Whether it was meant to be private or not, it didn't end up private. And was racist. What kind of person is sending racist tirades via text? That might be even worse, it's that casual for them?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Not long enough.

Context matters.
A girl works for me who, out of context, says things that you may consider racist. Right up until you realize all her friends are black, her boyfriend is black, and she fiercely defends black culture and hates any form of racism. She only says it to a black co-worker, who is her friend. Both are great employees. should I fire her? Would you?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Not long enough.

Context matters.
A girl works for me who, out of context, says things that you may consider racist. Right up until you realize all her friends are black, her boyfriend is black, and she fiercely defends black culture and hates any form of racism. She only says it to a black co-worker, who is her friend. Both are great employees. should I fire her? Would you?
Well, what does she say and what's the context?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

You see no issue here?
A white kid born to a single crackhead mom in a trailer park. He can't hide who he is any more than LBJ jr can. The way he carries himself, dresses, speaks, it all gives him away. He is forever oppressed.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Not long enough.

Context matters.
Whether it was meant to be private or not, it didn't end up private. And was racist. What kind of person is sending racist tirades via text? That might be even worse, it's that casual for them?
Say it's a racist joke, god forbid, I know.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
lol. I mean. If we're going back hundreds of years, are we not going to pretend that every race oppressed every other race? If not for white people winning the race war, we'd still be pitching wicki-ups and living in caves. And white people were so great to allow all races to join in on the festivities. Imagine if native Americans won. Think we'd have light bulbs, cars, phones, planes, etc? It's just be full of Native Americans raping white women, scalping their hair and hanging it as a trophy on the center pole of their Apache wicki-ups.

The only peaceful race when in full power has been the white race. Thank you, whitey.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
lol. I mean. If we're going back hundreds of years, are we not going to pretend that every race oppressed every other race? If not for white people winning the race war, we'd still be pitching wicki-ups and living in caves. And white people were so great to allow all races to join in on the festivities. Imagine if native Americans won. Think we'd have light bulbs, cars, phones, planes, etc? It's just be full of Native Americans raping white women, scalping their hair and hanging it as a trophy on the center pole of their Apache wicki-ups.

The only peaceful race when in full power has been the white race. Thank you, whitey.
Kids...

Read books. Don't be like this.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote: Well, what does she say and what's the context?
Black jokes, black stereotypes, hardcore rap lyrics, etc.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

You see no issue here?
A white kid born to a single crackhead mom in a trailer park. He can't hide who he is any more than LBJ jr can. The way he carries himself, dresses, speaks, it all gives him away. He is forever oppressed.
What is the specific form of oppression here?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote: Well, what does she say and what's the context?
Black jokes, black stereotypes, hardcore rap lyrics, etc.
Then no.

That's also not the stuff that gets people fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

Kids...

Books written by glorified bullshit artists like your liberal history professor? :p
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

Kids...

Books written by glorified bullshit artists like your liberal history professor? :p
Who was white! Damn him!