Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more drugs

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more dr

Post by Headhunter »

So why not criminalize cigarettes and alcohol then? Let's open up the floodgates again and pump that private prison system through the roof.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:People have pretended all manner of substance abuse is medicine over the years, including alcohol. It is nothing new. Either make it legal or illegal, half measures are a waste of resources.
make it legal to those 21 & up would be my approach. handle it in a similar way to how cigarettes and alcohol are handled now. trying to push the medical angle seems only to be done to gradually make it more acceptable to those that don't find it to be acceptable.
Cigarettes and alcohol are disasters. Why would we handle anything else like that?

Do you want freedom or not?
i''ll bite. how am i pushing against freedom?
Regulation is not freedom.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:So why not criminalize cigarettes and alcohol then? Let's open up the floodgates again and pump that private prison system through the roof.
Why regulate them? We can end all that. Reduce the size of probably a dozen federal agencies plus a couple agencies in each state.

We need to stop thinking about this like we are subjects.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:So why not criminalize cigarettes and alcohol then? Let's open up the floodgates again and pump that private prison system through the roof.
Why regulate them? We can end all that. Reduce the size of probably a dozen federal agencies plus a couple agencies in each state.

We need to stop thinking about this like we are subjects.
Regulation in my view is a means to an end, not the end. I'm aware that's not realistic.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
so anything less than a chaotic take whatever you want system is not freedom is your argument?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

it's like if i don't get my way, i'll burn the whole thing down.. is the sense that i'm getting from your stance here?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
so anything less than a chaotic take whatever you want system is not freedom is your argument?
Have you been brainwashed by our government to think that anything that does not involve their hands in your pocket is chaos?

Is buying a chocolate bar chaos? Cereal?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:it's like if i don't get my way, i'll burn the whole thing down.. is the sense that i'm getting from your stance here?
Not at all. I don't believe in bullshit half measures. Medical marijuana is a complete fraud. Just legalize it rather than participating in the joke.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

If the argument is that marijuana is safe, does not result in overdoses, and beneficial, any argument that involves regulation should be rejected.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I am not a marijuana believer, but energy drinks are more acutely dangerous in terms of causing heart failure. Why are those freely available and marijuana is not?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Have you been brainwashed by our government to think that anything that does not involve their hands in your pocket is chaos?

no, but i'm okay with certain things being regulated. it's not anti-freedom to me.

are you advocating for not having a license to drive a car, as an example?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:If the argument is that marijuana is safe, does not result in overdoses, and beneficial, any argument that involves regulation should be rejected.
thc marijuana should be regulated as in 21 & up can buy it recreationally. cpd marijuana should be handled the way any other prescription would be handled.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

no, but i'm okay with certain things being regulated. it's not anti-freedom to me.

There is no federal license to drive a car. I think calling driving a privilege is pretty much bullshit to control people.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo not only jumps the shark, be basically jumps the whole ocean full of them with each new argument.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

There is no federal license to drive a car. I think calling driving a privilege is pretty much bullshit to control people.
To give an example, consider when renewal is nothing more than paying a fee. How is that in any way in the spirit of needing a license to drive?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:Foo not only jumps the shark, be basically jumps the whole ocean full of them with each new argument.
And i
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

federal or not, you need a license to legally drive a car in america. that's an example of regulation. and it isn't anti-freedom to me.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Foo not only jumps the shark, be basically jumps the whole ocean full of them with each new argument.
And i
...will alwaaaaays love yoooouuuuu
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
And i
...will alwaaaaays love yoooouuuuu
I was hoping for some "Do I, Fuck", but Whitney Houston works too.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I don't know what Foo's real angle on this is, but he's right, regulation is not freedom, but we all know we're gonna have and need it, especially age regulations/restrictions. No one is gonna say a 10 year should be able to jump behind the wheel nor drink alcohol or smoke weed or buy a prostitute. But as adults, where is the line? You can sit there and say it's anything as long as they don't commit crimes that hurts anybody else, but many times it does end up that way. Even if it's the times of the family and friends putting that person into an early grave.

Foo in the past has often looked at this as introspective, what do we as a society really wanna be type of shiz. Or we can say fuck it all. We're somewhere in between, but as someone who doesn't like to be told what to do, and if I do it I have to pay more etc. etc. I ponder as well.