MLB 2018

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Jason
Administrator

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Jason »

Skip to 1:07 for some real talk.

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:Fuck Boston.

Would still root for them to win 10 straight World Series if it meant beating Loss Angeles, though.
And this is why...

10 Dodgers fans jump 1 Red Sox fan after World Series loss and stab him halfway to death with a screwdriver...

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/10/31/dodge ... rld-series

A Red Sox fan says he woke up in an emergency room in Loss Angeles after being confronted by Dodgers fans following Game 5 of the World Series, according to Jake Levin of NECN.

Massachusetts native Josh Davis, who now lives in Loss Angeles, said two men stopped him on the sidewalk after Boston clinched its ninth title in franchise history Sunday. The 36-year-old was wearing a Red Sox hat and said one of the men who stopped him was in a Dodgers jersey and hat.

"Get your [expletive] out of here, this is Dodger country right here," Davis alleges one of the men said.

Davis claims he was stabbed by a screwdriver and as many as nine or 10 people contributed to the assault. When he came to at Cedars-Sinai Hospital, Davis had five stab wounds, some missing teeth and a fractured nose.

"It should never come to beating the crap out of people, you know what I mean?" Davis told NECN. "I got a lot of Dodger fan friends...I'm not going to let one bad apple ruin it for me ... or 10."

Both his phone and wallet were stolen during the attack and Loss Angeles police are investigating the case as an assault with a deadly weapon and a robbery.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:The legend of Patrick McGillicuddy continues.

Just sickening.
Sickens and disgusts.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tip-o-the-cap to whoever made this.

ImageImageImage
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Not sure how I feel about a starting pitcher winning the Cy Young with a 10-9 record.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

W-L record isn't fully indicative of a pitcher's talent. That ERA is absolutely ridiculous.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:W-L record isn't fully indicative of a pitcher's talent. That ERA is absolutely ridiculous.
I understand, and he had a great season, but I am not used to totally disregarding counting stats. Bob Welch won 27 games, had an ERA a full run higher than Clemens one year and won the award pretty easily.

I get the lack of run support, and the changing game, but trotting out there for 7 innings, never finishing the job just doesn't feel right either. 215 innings, 10-9 record, 1 complete game. Doesn't feel like the best pitcher in the league, regardless of his ERA.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Thank you Dodgers for taking Homer Bailey off our hands!!!!!! And what we got in return.....look the fuck out! So excited the Reds have some balls, finally. I love the makeup of this team. I actually got to see them on TV about 12-13 times this past year. The players play hard. They genuinely seem to enjoy being out there playing baseball. These additions has me giddy.

I hate seeing Billy Hamilton being let go. He was so much fun to watch. But he just could not get on base. I wish him the best. Such a refreshing athlete to root for.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:Not sure how I feel about a starting pitcher winning the Cy Young with a 10-9 record.
Could not agree more
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:Not sure how I feel about a starting pitcher winning the Cy Young with a 10-9 record.
Highest WAR for a pitcher's season since 2004.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

WAR is for retards.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Insecure beta boy Jason at it again. :lol:
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

What-if stats are for betas.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Just got Fox Sports Ohio Cincinnati again. I will be able to watch a lot of games this year. Can't wait for the season!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jmac Attack wrote:Just got Fox Sports Ohio Cincinnati again. I will be able to watch a lot of games this year. Can't wait for the season!
Be watching Harper kick ass for the Dodgers!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

You gotta love the Dodgers machine. Just keeps rolling.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I am praying Bryce Harper goes to the Dodgers. LMAO. Most overrated player in baseball. Get him, Loss Angeles! Get him! Give him a billion dollars!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

They can without blinking. And they'll add more stars. And more stars. And more stars. They'll be good for a long time and win championships, so you just sit back and enjoy the show. LOLRockies.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

They won't make the playoffs next year. lol.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Losing in the World Series is a failure for the Dodgers. Making the playoffs once keeps your fanbase happy for 5 years. Nothing but a side piece to Broncos fandom.