Exploiting tragedy

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Exploiting tragedy

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:Soooooooo.......our two high school kids got to stay home today. An anonymous Facebook profile has threatened to shoot up multiple schools in our area. 7 area schools have closed here in central Ohio. What the fuck. Punishment better be fucking harsh.
Better safe than sorry I guess.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Soooooooo.......our two high school kids got to stay home today. An anonymous Facebook profile has threatened to shoot up multiple schools in our area. 7 area schools have closed here in central Ohio. What the fuck. Punishment better be fucking harsh.
It's sad that this is where we are in this country.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
It's sad that this is where we are in this country.
Kind of been my point in all this all along.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

maybe the answer really is to treat everyone like children who can't be trusted, and not just the ones who break. that is certainly what government wants, one way or the other.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:maybe the answer really is to treat everyone like children who can't be trusted, and not just the ones who break. that is certainly what government wants, one way or the other.
Yeah, it is. When the consequences are so dire.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

The Marco Rubio video made my day.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:maybe the answer really is to treat everyone like children who can't be trusted, and not just the ones who break. that is certainly what government wants, one way or the other.
fair point. what else kills millions of people a year, and is licensed but not enough to be preventative? what else can we take away?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
fair point. what else kills millions of people a year, and is licensed but not enough to be preventative? what else can we take away?
Force parents to vaccinate their kids. That’s be my next corrective action.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
we're mostly already there. i mean i guess you could go the step further of just doing it as a part of the delivery process.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
we're mostly already there. i mean i guess you could go the step further of just doing it as a part of the delivery process.
That doesn’t work. It needs to be at specific intervals. As for working. . . http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-me ... -movement/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
That doesn’t work. It needs to be at specific intervals. As for working. . . http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-me ... -movement/
also, not really the same kind of thing as gun control. you can't be responsible with the flu.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
also, not really the same kind of thing as gun control. you can't be responsible with the flu.
You can’t be responsible with guns either, evidently. So fair comparison.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
looks like blindfolds and bound hands need to be mandatory, except during work hours. maybe even ball gags or something, so you don't accidentally speak to someone and give them a bad idea.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
looks like blindfolds and bound hands need to be mandatory, except during work hours. maybe even ball gags or something, so you don't accidentally speak to someone and give them a bad idea.
Nope. Just remove the guns and realize they do harm. That’ll do for now. No need to go to silly extremes.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Nope. Just remove the guns and realize they do harm. That’ll do for now. No need to go to silly extremes.
it will do for now is right. until there is another thing that is found to do harm, when in the hands of a broken person.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
it will do for now is right. until there is another thing that is found to do harm, when in the hands of a broken person.
Is there a reason you want harmful things to be widespread? Every time something is found to be dangerous, rules arose to counter it. Why are guns an exception. Shoe-bomb on a plane: all shoes scanned. Explosive liquid gels : All liquids prohibited or scanned before entry. Chemical found to be harmful in food: banned from all food and crops. Guns result in thousands of deaths : there is nothing doable.

In what works is THAT the logic. Take your obviously flippant comment and apply it. Say instead of guns suddenly there was a run of, I dunno, murders by Boomerangs. You KNOW they would suddenly be banned, regulated, licensed etc. guns are literally the ONLY thing that you know creates an issue and then choose not to do anything about and it is a choice.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Is there a reason you want harmful things to be widespread? Every time something is found to be dangerous, rules arose to counter it. Why are guns an exception. Shoe-bomb on a plane: all shoes scanned. Explosive liquid gels : All liquids prohibited or scanned before entry. Chemical found to be harmful in food: banned from all food and crops. Guns result in thousands of deaths : there is nothing doable.

In what works is THAT the logic. Take your obviously flippant comment and apply it. Say instead of guns suddenly there was a run of, I dunno, murders by Boomerangs. You KNOW they would suddenly be banned, regulated, licensed etc. guns are literally the ONLY thing that you know creates an issue and then choose not to do anything about and it is a choice.
because the difference is that you don't want measures taken with better licensing or background checks. or even scans before flights and such (like you with the shoe bomb thing)... what you want is outright removal of all of it, except, to maybe police officers? when the shoe bomber happened, people were still allowed to wear shoes. when 9/11 happened, people were still allowed to travel by plane. when someone hits another person with a car, we're all still allowed to drive. but you don't want that for guns.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

and your point about boomerangs is already disproven, as knives and bladed tools and weapons are not banned, despite being known to cause harm.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:and your point about boomerangs is already disproven, as knives and bladed tools and weapons are not banned, despite being known to cause harm.
You dont prohibit sale of knives?

God you are just absurd. I’m out. Enjoy your mountain of dead children.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:and your point about boomerangs is already disproven, as knives and bladed tools and weapons are not banned, despite being known to cause harm.
You dont prohibit sale of knives?

God you are just absurd. I’m out. Enjoy your mountain of dead children.
yeah, it's better that we move on. you're taking this way too personally. maybe i am too.