Yup, no problems here...

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Yup, no problems here...

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:Democrats are undeniably shady on a level that makes the Republicans blush.

Look at it this way: If the democrats had control and they were able to completely outlaw guns without any backlash from gun supporters, do you think they would do it?
No.

Because nobody has ever advocated for that in US politics and been taken seriously.
Come 4 guns, mite git shot
MOLON LABE if I’m lucky.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:Democrats are undeniably shady on a level that makes the Republicans blush.

Look at it this way: If the democrats had control and they were able to completely outlaw guns without any backlash from gun supporters, do you think they would do it?
What are the odds on this bombshell coming out right after this discussion? lol.
Looks like gun-owner concern for actual banning of specific guns is warranted, after all. Claire McCaskill lying about guns to her constituents...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doh0d78lin4&t=169s

Skip to 2:49 for the beginning of the report.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

i think that there are those in both parties that would take extreme action toward their policies, if they felt that they would get away with it.
Agree. And it was so fun watching both sides squirm as Trump rose in the polls during the primaries and eventually win the election. The only guy on either platform who wasn't bought and owned. An actual person in office, and he has been the best president in my lifetime.
best is always a matter of opinion.
The moment the Dems got power in 2008, they decided to pass the biggest tax hike in history, and the first to penalize you for simply being alive. Ask D how Obabamcare was working for him, as I know he mentioned it a few times.

The republicans came into power, and passed huge tax cuts, and since we have seen more prosperity than any of us have ever seen in this country.
Lol.....and Trump care is even worse, except for them not forcing you to pay for insurance. Something has to be done, and it can be done better. But both sides have their heads so far up there asses, I don't have faith anything will be done for the good of the people. Tribalism at it's early stages and moving rapidly in this country.

So, for people like D, who cannot afford Obamacare or Trump care.......when they have to go to the ER, who pays for it? The people like me who have jobs with decent insurance. Our premiums go up as a result. And that is not a knock at all on D.....as I've been there and done that not too long ago. It's our system that sucks ass and geared for the big RX coorporations to make more money and rip off the poor and the middle class.

My premiums are going up $140 more per month as of January 1st because of Trump care. And it went up because of Obamacare before that. Now I am paying $320 vs $180 per month. We need to elect officials who care about the people (not just Dems or repubs) instead of those paid by interest groups. But we are too blind and wanna just follow and be led as long as it is a guy on "their side".

Hmmph.... :P
You are not forced to pay that under Trump. You have the ultimate choice, which is to shop around, or simply not buy. Obamacare forced you to buy a certain level from certain people, at a certain price, which is awful and the absolute opposite of freedom.

Don't blame Trump for your choice. You do not have to buy that insurance under him.
But I chose it because the price was reasonable. (Notice I said WAS) Now it isn't. And I am shopping around now, lol, and the wife and I are currently weighing our options. How is that my fault? And my company said it was because of "Trumpcare", but I can't blame him? I blame Congress, him, and anyone who supported this ripoff. If it was better, premiums would significantly go down not significantly going up. And it is something I figure people who care about the deficit would be pissed about.

Can't blame Trump for anything, eh?
I hate to tell you, but the price is VERY reasonable for a dude who has already had a heart attack and has had other health scares and issues at your age. Think of it this way, you pay around $4k a year, how much does a heart attack cost the insurance company? Something has to give. It is about how risky you are.
I pay the same as my co worker who hasn't had a heart attack and is fit as hell. Young. Former military and bordor patrol agent. Doesn't smoke. Not sure if he drinks alcohol. Eats relatively healthy. He pays the same. My point stands if you take me out of the equation. I should have been more clear.
I am not trying to be mean, but do you have any idea how insurance works? You were bitching about your premium. I stated it was actually quite low given both your past use of it as well as projected future use.

You then point out a healthy co-worker who pays exactly the same. Do you want to guess why? He is subsidizing you. He is very low risk in comparison. Basically, his should be $100 and yours should be $600. Instead, you both pay $350. When you see him again, thank him for living a healthy life and paying more so you can be reckless and pay less. Or at least don't complain about it!
It's all good man. But yeah, I worked for Medco Health (was Merck Medco) from 2000 to 2004. Basically, when people went to the pharmacy, they would call us if something wasn't covered, or they didn't understand their plan, etc.

I was one of 5 people across the whole world to be in the Presidents club in which the president of Medco (Merck at the time and now it's not even Medco but Express Scripts) flew to the Columbus location to meet me.

I was one of the few at my location who was licensed and trusted to teach HIPPA laws when that was first enacted. New hires would have to take a 9 week class to work there. I was one of 4 trainers to teach these classes at the location. I was chosen after only working there for a year and a half. Others....it took at least 4 years to get that honor.

And my company personally told us that our premiums were gonna be jacked because of the bill the Republicans passed. Which you didn't acknowledge and tried to say that I was more to blame. Did they lie to me? I understand how insurance works, brotha, lol.

You should be complaining about the shitty healthcare that has been offered to the American people. Or do you say, let the poor die and the ones who can afford outrageous premiuns deserve to live?

Case in point......people smoke WAY less these days than the 90s. People are eating healthier and are more consistent with their diets than in the past. I guess 70% less smokers has no effect on why they continue to jack up the prices. Lol. I just used your exact logic.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

2017: I've been on the Armed Services Com for 10 years. No call or meeting w/Russian ambassador.
2013: Off to meeting w/Russian Ambassador!

ImageImageImage

That got a genuinely good laugh. And that I love that gif. Perfect reaction.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Love politifact. Here ya go.....since you can believe them when it calls out falsehoods from Dems.....here is one for your boy!

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Lots of stuff in there that you probably believed, but now ya know. Bel Biv Devoe.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
2017: I've been on the Armed Services Com for 10 years. No call or meeting w/Russian ambassador.
2013: Off to meeting w/Russian Ambassador!

ImageImageImage

That got a genuinely good laugh. And that I love that gif. Perfect reaction.
See above ya fartknocker lol. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:See above ya fartknocker lol. :P
ImageImageImageImage
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:See above ya fartknocker lol. :P
ImageImageImageImage
Lol. There ya go! Much better. But why is one true, but the stuff about Trump isn't? Meh....because when a Dem lies, you care. When Trump does, you don't give a shit. I get it, lol
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:Lol. There ya go! Much better. But why is one true, but the stuff about Trump isn't? Meh....because when a Dem lies, you care. When Trump does, you don't give a shit. I get it, lol
Pick one for me to actually read.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Lol. There ya go! Much better. But why is one true, but the stuff about Trump isn't? Meh....because when a Dem lies, you care. When Trump does, you don't give a shit. I get it, lol
Pick one for me to actually read.
Meh. You'll deny it if it's on your side. Or say the site is run by liberals. We've been through this before. Plenty to click on with the link I provided and search for yourself. Kinda proves my point. Most of these fact checking sites provide links for proof. Nothing is 100% though.

We are in the age of alternative facts. Lol
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:

i think that there are those in both parties that would take extreme action toward their policies, if they felt that they would get away with it.
Agree. And it was so fun watching both sides squirm as Trump rose in the polls during the primaries and eventually win the election. The only guy on either platform who wasn't bought and owned. An actual person in office, and he has been the best president in my lifetime.
best is always a matter of opinion.
The moment the Dems got power in 2008, they decided to pass the biggest tax hike in history, and the first to penalize you for simply being alive. Ask D how Obabamcare was working for him, as I know he mentioned it a few times.

The republicans came into power, and passed huge tax cuts, and since we have seen more prosperity than any of us have ever seen in this country.
Lol.....and Trump care is even worse, except for them not forcing you to pay for insurance. Something has to be done, and it can be done better. But both sides have their heads so far up there asses, I don't have faith anything will be done for the good of the people. Tribalism at it's early stages and moving rapidly in this country.

So, for people like D, who cannot afford Obamacare or Trump care.......when they have to go to the ER, who pays for it? The people like me who have jobs with decent insurance. Our premiums go up as a result. And that is not a knock at all on D.....as I've been there and done that not too long ago. It's our system that sucks ass and geared for the big RX coorporations to make more money and rip off the poor and the middle class.

My premiums are going up $140 more per month as of January 1st because of Trump care. And it went up because of Obamacare before that. Now I am paying $320 vs $180 per month. We need to elect officials who care about the people (not just Dems or repubs) instead of those paid by interest groups. But we are too blind and wanna just follow and be led as long as it is a guy on "their side".

Hmmph.... :P
You are not forced to pay that under Trump. You have the ultimate choice, which is to shop around, or simply not buy. Obamacare forced you to buy a certain level from certain people, at a certain price, which is awful and the absolute opposite of freedom.

Don't blame Trump for your choice. You do not have to buy that insurance under him.
But I chose it because the price was reasonable. (Notice I said WAS) Now it isn't. And I am shopping around now, lol, and the wife and I are currently weighing our options. How is that my fault? And my company said it was because of "Trumpcare", but I can't blame him? I blame Congress, him, and anyone who supported this ripoff. If it was better, premiums would significantly go down not significantly going up. And it is something I figure people who care about the deficit would be pissed about.

Can't blame Trump for anything, eh?
I hate to tell you, but the price is VERY reasonable for a dude who has already had a heart attack and has had other health scares and issues at your age. Think of it this way, you pay around $4k a year, how much does a heart attack cost the insurance company? Something has to give. It is about how risky you are.
I pay the same as my co worker who hasn't had a heart attack and is fit as hell. Young. Former military and bordor patrol agent. Doesn't smoke. Not sure if he drinks alcohol. Eats relatively healthy. He pays the same. My point stands if you take me out of the equation. I should have been more clear.
I am not trying to be mean, but do you have any idea how insurance works? You were bitching about your premium. I stated it was actually quite low given both your past use of it as well as projected future use.

You then point out a healthy co-worker who pays exactly the same. Do you want to guess why? He is subsidizing you. He is very low risk in comparison. Basically, his should be $100 and yours should be $600. Instead, you both pay $350. When you see him again, thank him for living a healthy life and paying more so you can be reckless and pay less. Or at least don't complain about it!
It's all good man. But yeah, I worked for Medco Health (was Merck Medco) from 2000 to 2004. Basically, when people went to the pharmacy, they would call us if something wasn't covered, or they didn't understand their plan, etc.

I was one of 5 people across the whole world to be in the Presidents club in which the president of Medco (Merck at the time and now it's not even Medco but Express Scripts) flew to the Columbus location to meet me.

I was one of the few at my location who was licensed and trusted to teach HIPPA laws when that was first enacted. New hires would have to take a 9 week class to work there. I was one of 4 trainers to teach these classes at the location. I was chosen after only working there for a year and a half. Others....it took at least 4 years to get that honor.

And my company personally told us that our premiums were gonna be jacked because of the bill the Republicans passed. Which you didn't acknowledge and tried to say that I was more to blame. Did they lie to me? I understand how insurance works, brotha, lol.

You should be complaining about the shitty healthcare that has been offered to the American people. Or do you say, let the poor die and the ones who can afford outrageous premiuns deserve to live?

Case in point......people smoke WAY less these days than the 90s. People are eating healthier and are more consistent with their diets than in the past. I guess 70% less smokers has no effect on why they continue to jack up the prices. Lol. I just used your exact logic.
People are eating healthier? Lulz.

Pricing has to do with spending habits, not really health habits. Want a good example? Consider both Social Security and Medicare. The best thing that can happen is you drop dead of a stroke right before you start using them. The worst thing? You live to be 100 and have 35 years to spend more and more of the fund.

Insurance is way up because people expect insurance companies to spend more on them. Think of all the medications people expect to get now, that they did not expect 40 years ago. Cancer that would once be a death sentence can now be a costly affair that brings about decades of treatments, tests, and medicines.

I mean, I am proud you had a job 14 years ago and all, but I am not seeing you as some sort of insurance expert. Sorry. You seem to be missing out on basic concepts of it. You are literally bitching about $340 a month for insuring someone who has already had a heart attack. That is so cheap relative to most plans, you should be dancing.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

https://www.uphelp.org/costs-surviving- ... art-attack

Someone has to pay for this, that is all I am saying. It is nice to say insurance should be lower, but that is not possible if you are asking them to foot huge bills.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Fuck it. Not worth it. I'm not here to defend myself and have us go back and forth about what my credentials are. Lol. You think I'm full of shit because we seem to play this game every time when it comes to politics.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:https://www.uphelp.org/costs-surviving- ... art-attack

Someone has to pay for this, that is all I am saying. It is nice to say insurance should be lower, but that is not possible if you are asking them to foot huge bills.
Do you not realize that RX benefits are usually included not just Dr and ER visits. Prescription medicine has made a shit ton for doctors and RX companies. You need to consider way more variables as there are a shit ton.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Look....to put it in a better way.....yes, premiums are gonna go up. It's inevitable. I am not so naive that I think I should be paying what I paid for insurance in the 90s and early 2000s. My insurance was insanely good during that time and cheap as fuck. But such a HUGE increase is caused by many factors.

Yes ...the health of the people does have an influence on price increases. Cancer rate and heart attack rates keep going higher. This is sound logically. But we must still consider that what the government voted on and passed is also a huge part of the problem.

Does that make better sense of where I am coming from?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:https://www.uphelp.org/costs-surviving- ... art-attack

Do you not realize that RX benefits are usually included not just Dr and ER visits. Prescription medicine has made a shit ton for doctors and RX companies. You need to consider way more variables as there are a shit ton.
What does that have to do with your insurance rate? I am all for lowering costs. Just pointing out that $340 a month is a great deal considering the amount they have to spend.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:Look....to put it in a better way.....yes, premiums are gonna go up. It's inevitable. I am not so naive that I think I should be paying what I paid for insurance in the 90s and early 2000s. My insurance was insanely good during that time and cheap as fuck. But such a HUGE increase is caused by many factors.

Yes ...the health of the people does have an influence on price increases. Cancer rate and heart attack rates keep going higher. This is sound logically. But we must still consider that what the government voted on and passed is also a huge part of the problem.

Does that make better sense of where I am coming from?
If you want to blame government, blame them for the single worst thing they do with heatlthcare, which is agree to buy medicines and treatments at prices no entity other than government would pay. This has been going on for decades.

Beyond that, how much of a pay cut do you want to give nurses?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

My issue with insurance is why they agree to pay such ridiculously high prices for certain issues. It should not cost 13,000 dollars for an E.R. visit, chest x ray and ibuprofen. It just shouldn't.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:My issue with insurance is why they agree to pay such ridiculously high prices for certain issues. It should not cost 13,000 dollars for an E.R. visit, chest x ray and ibuprofen. It just shouldn't.
Im with ya. They are the worst negotiators in the world, aren't they? Bums, I tell ya. :P