Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:how about adoption? what are the stats there? what does the foster care system look like in blue states vs. red? let's put all of the possibilities out on the table.
Raw adoption stats here but the adoption rate by state is the number you want to find and I haven't found it yet.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... e=disabled
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I'll say this though, looking at those figures there doesn't seem to be a correlation one way or the other. Adoption rates seem fairly consistent.

Here are foster care raw numbers:

https://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/t ... /any/12987
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Abortions are never a goal. That are a necessary remedy available to women when other things fail them. Nobody seeks it out.

As for wider points, it’s obvious the issue in the red south is that sex is deemed a sin and so no level of preparation is done to avoid unwanted pregnancy. It’s pathetic.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:Abortions are never a goal. That are a necessary remedy available to women when other things fail them. Nobody seeks it out.

As for wider points, it’s obvious the issue in the red south is that sex is deemed a sin and so no level of preparation is done to avoid unwanted pregnancy. It’s pathetic.
Not just pathetic. It's medieval. There's zero excuse for it in a first world country.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

You can pretty much pinpoint the moment in time Republicans lost all self-respect as a major party. It's when they got in bed with the fundamentalist fanatics and their megachurches. Every rational Republican has been forced to pretend they're dumber than they actually are ever since, just to appease these monsters and their deep pockets.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

By the way, if you need any more proof that Jason's "Democrats wanting abortions" narrative is a bunch of bullshit, his queen Lena Dunham said a few years ago she wished she had an abortion for the purposes of normalization, and it wasn't conservatives but liberals who absolutely slammed her for it.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Lol. Trump left the NATO summit early. Thin skinned little man.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Really interesting Twitter thread about Civil Rights leader Fred Hampton, who was assassinated by the Feds 50 years ago.

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaelharri ... 7346814976
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Very interesting thread.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:By the way, if you need any more proof that Jason's "Democrats wanting abortions" narrative is a bunch of bullshit, his queen Lena Dunham said a few years ago she wished she had an abortion for the purposes of normalization, and it wasn't conservatives but liberals who absolutely slammed her for it.
Libs can whack a stupid fucking limp pinata just as good as anybody else, what are you on about? You can still want delicious baby murder and say that broad is dumb.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:By the way, if you need any more proof that Jason's "Democrats wanting abortions" narrative is a bunch of bullshit, his queen Lena Dunham said a few years ago she wished she had an abortion for the purposes of normalization, and it wasn't conservatives but liberals who absolutely slammed her for it.
Libs can whack a stupid fucking limp pinata just as good as anybody else, what are you on about? You can still want delicious baby murder and say that broad is dumb.
What do you mean what am I on about? Liberals slammed her expressly because "wanting abortions for the sake of abortions" is not a thing, and the notion offends them as well.

Jason's abortion argument (if you can call it that) is stupid and not a good representation of the conservative side of the issue. It's a totally fabricated narrative that has no relevance to the actual arguments about abortion. Do you disagree?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
What do you mean what am I on about? Liberals slammed her expressly because "wanting abortions for the sake of abortions" is not a thing, and the notion offends them as well.

Jason's abortion argument (if you can call it that) is stupid and not a good representation of the conservative side of the issue. It's a totally fabricated narrative that has no relevance to the actual arguments about abortion. Do you disagree?
Don't get it twisted. He thinks liberals want abortions because they're scum, not for the sake of abortions.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Wouldn't it be safe to say that we all agree that Lena Duhnam should have been aborted?

See....Jmac bringing everyone together.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

TBH....I only know of Duhnam from this site and a few things I've read. I know she had a show. But I have no idea if she is talented or what. I haven't even seen like a late night talk show interview with her.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Thought exercise for everyone:

You knock up a girl in a one night stand scenario. However it happens, it happens; life is imperfect and shit happens. She does not want to have the child. Your response is ____?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jmac Attack wrote:TBH....I only know of Duhnam from this site and a few things I've read. I know she had a show. But I have no idea if she is talented or what. I haven't even seen like a late night talk show interview with her.
Sure she is. She acts, writes, directs and has been a show runner. Her stuff doesn't interest me and she's annoying as fuck, but no doubt she's talented.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:Thought exercise for everyone:

You knock up a girl in a one night stand scenario. However it happens, it happens; life is imperfect and shit happens. She does not want to have the child. Your response is ____?
I'd let her decide and be totally supportive of her decision.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Thought exercise for everyone:

I'd let her decide and be totally supportive of her decision.
Sorry if that's a lame answer. But that says exactly what I want to say.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Not a lame answer. Would be my answer too. Naturally we're both Pro-choice.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:Not a lame answer. Would be my answer too. Naturally we're both Pro-choice.
I'm just not some wacko who believes they rip the baby out of the womb, and cracks its skull, if all of a sudden, the mother doesn't want it. I know people who believe abortion even happens when a baby is healthy. It's disgusting.