Yup, no problems here...

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: Yup, no problems here...

Post by Jmac Attack »

And the better access to things like Drs visits....those people are generally healthier and have less problems than someone who can't afford to go to the Dr to get checked out.

When I was without insurance, I would have to be dying to go to the ER or even pay for a Dr visit. Lump in your mouth? Just pray that it goes away and was nothing. Mole changes shape and color, you think "What are the chances it is cancer? Has to be low. I'll risk it."
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

And I remember I was with Trump during his campaign saying that he wanted to negotiate prices with pharmaceutical companies, and he also wanted to allow cheaper imported drugs to be allowed. But then he found out that Repubs don't like the idea of negotiating prices.

This is a huge country buying a shit ton of meds, but Repubs don't wanna allow for negotions for bulk pricing. Sad.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:My issue with insurance is why they agree to pay such ridiculously high prices for certain issues. It should not cost 13,000 dollars for an E.R. visit, chest x ray and ibuprofen. It just shouldn't.
Many prices are basically pinned by what the government has agreed to pay for Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement. that is a huge problem. If you have convinced your biggest customer who gives you 70% of your income that a service costs X, you better not charge anyone else less than X.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:And I remember I was with Trump during his campaign saying that he wanted to negotiate prices with pharmaceutical companies, and he also wanted to allow cheaper imported drugs to be allowed. But then he found out that Repubs don't like the idea of negotiating prices.

This is a huge country buying a shit ton of meds, but Repubs don't wanna allow for negotions for bulk pricing. Sad.
Are you aware who passes laws?

Trump has been pushing for reductions in drug prices, but ALL of congress is in the pocket of drug companies.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:And the better access to things like Drs visits....those people are generally healthier and have less problems than someone who can't afford to go to the Dr to get checked out.

When I was without insurance, I would have to be dying to go to the ER or even pay for a Dr visit. Lump in your mouth? Just pray that it goes away and was nothing. Mole changes shape and color, you think "What are the chances it is cancer? Has to be low. I'll risk it."
It is a myth that preventative care saves money. It might save lives, but not money.

Your lump becoming a giant cancer and killing you fast is much better than:

- millions of people going to doctors to check lumps and get lab testing
- afflicted people gettingvyears and years of treatments

We are told many lies. Preventive care saving money is a huge lie. All your doctors want constant check ups because it is a constant income stream for them.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

We need to vend the cost curve down. You don't need so many check ups. You don't need so many tests. You don't need a person with 6 years of higher education to empty a bed pan.

People need to learn what is an emergency and what is not. If you are on government assistance and you go to the ER to get aspirin, they should punch you in the dick and throw you in the dumpster.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:And the better access to things like Drs visits....those people are generally healthier and have less problems than someone who can't afford to go to the Dr to get checked out.

It is a myth that preventative care saves money. It might save lives, but not money.

We are told many lies. Preventive care saving money is a huge lie. All your doctors want constant check ups because it is a constant income stream for them.
Only if you assume the worst.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

When you think the Dems and Repubs are mortal enemies just look at the things they both support number one being protecting the pharmaceutical companies. I was listening to candidates for Maryland States Attorney answer questions from a doctor who wanted to know why she could no longer prescribe a generic form of penicillin that costed $5.00 she now had to prescribe one that cost $400.00 it's so expensive Walgreens wont carry it. Both had no answer just jibberish about regulations.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:When you think the Dems and Repubs are mortal enemies just look at the things they both support number one being protecting the pharmaceutical companies. I was listening to candidates for Maryland States Attorney answer questions from a doctor who wanted to know why she could no longer prescribe a generic form of penicillin that costed $5.00 she now had to prescribe one that cost $400.00 it's so expensive Walgreens wont carry it. Both had no answer just jibberish about regulations.
It's because I had a heart attack. Blame me. Lol
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

Only if you assume the worst.
I would like to tell Foo that my work is going to offer free blood tests from Labcore to bring our premiums cut almost in half. That is preventive maintenance. I'm gonna do it for sure. We can also have our doctor fax in results if we don't want Labcore to do it, but why pay the copay when the company is offering to pay for it? That says it all about how insurance companies think about preventive maintenance. They obviously value it.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:And I remember I was with Trump during his campaign saying that he wanted to negotiate prices with pharmaceutical companies, and he also wanted to allow cheaper imported drugs to be allowed. But then he found out that Repubs don't like the idea of negotiating prices.

Are you aware who passes laws?

Trump has been pushing for reductions in drug prices, but ALL of congress is in the pocket of drug companies.
Totally aware. So we can't blame Obama for laws not passed then. Cool. Lol
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

And I'm all for what Trump WAS for.