Hyper Sensitivity...when thoughts are enough

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Hyper Sensitivity...when thoughts are enough

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I get the trolling, but Jason is a clown and it's not good for him to be emboldened.
Headhunter wrote:Guys, don't dignify Jason's awful post with a response. He is proud of his ignorance so just let him wallow in it.
When a proud man meets an argument he cannot win, he destroys the argument instead.
Well, you can't actually argue with a loon.

I'm trying to help you out by not enabling you. I'm the friend trying to drag you off to rehab.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

We should acknowledge the role of white men in the slavery of blacks. We should also acknowledge the black role in the slavery of blacks. Furthermore 2M white men fought to free the slaves and 350,000 died in the process.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I get the trolling, but Jason is a clown and it's not good for him to be emboldened.
Headhunter wrote:Guys, don't dignify Jason's awful post with a response. He is proud of his ignorance so just let him wallow in it.
When a proud man meets an argument he cannot win, he destroys the argument instead.
Well, you can't actually argue with a loon.

I'm trying to help you out by not enabling you. I'm the friend trying to drag you off to rehab.
Nonsense. I argue with Seb and Jiggy all the time.

Rehabilitation for realism? No, thanks.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:We should acknowledge the role of white men in the slavery of blacks. We should also acknowledge the black role in the slavery of blacks. Furthermore 2M white men fought to free the slaves and 350,000 died in the process.
Slavery still basically existed until WW2. It was never a clean transition.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Tough world when white people can't wear blackface or say the n-word. How can we ever have fun or speak freely?
But they can wear whiteface and they get carte blanche to say whatever the fuck they want, against police officers, medics etc now. That's definitely fun.
Well yeah that tends to be the case when you've been oppressed to a horrific degree for hundreds of years, and the effects of that oppression still shape socioeconomic conditions to this day.
Tell me about all the oppression LeBron James Jr. is facing that will grant him special rights to say and do things that some white trash kid in a trailer park can't do.
That's class privilege. Separate topic altogether.
Which one can say "Nigga, Nigga, Nigga" without being branded a racist? Is that because of his class or his race?
Why would you even need to ask this? Hard to imagine how you'd make an argument with this one.
Your argument was that special social privileges are granted due to oppression. I point out someone who never has been nor never will be oppressed still having those privileges, while a person who currently is and perhaps always will be, does not.

You see no issue here?
Who is the oppressed person you're referring to?
A white kid born to a single crackhead mom in a trailer park. He can't hide who he is any more than LBJ jr can. The way he carries himself, dresses, speaks, it all gives him away. He is forever oppressed.
What is the specific form of oppression here?
He is denied the special social privileges you say the oppressed receive in terms of language and expression.
He's oppressed because he can't say the n-word?
In part. The word itself does not matter, but the fact that any word exists that he is judged differently for using is the problem.
What the fuck . . .
Was there something unreasonable about my statement of equality?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Tough world when white people can't wear blackface or say the n-word. How can we ever have fun or speak freely?
But they can wear whiteface and they get carte blanche to say whatever the fuck they want, against police officers, medics etc now. That's definitely fun.
Well yeah that tends to be the case when you've been oppressed to a horrific degree for hundreds of years, and the effects of that oppression still shape socioeconomic conditions to this day.
Tell me about all the oppression LeBron James Jr. is facing that will grant him special rights to say and do things that some white trash kid in a trailer park can't do.
That's class privilege. Separate topic altogether.
Which one can say "Nigga, Nigga, Nigga" without being branded a racist? Is that because of his class or his race?
Why would you even need to ask this? Hard to imagine how you'd make an argument with this one.
Your argument was that special social privileges are granted due to oppression. I point out someone who never has been nor never will be oppressed still having those privileges, while a person who currently is and perhaps always will be, does not.

You see no issue here?
Who is the oppressed person you're referring to?
A white kid born to a single crackhead mom in a trailer park. He can't hide who he is any more than LBJ jr can. The way he carries himself, dresses, speaks, it all gives him away. He is forever oppressed.
What is the specific form of oppression here?
He is denied the special social privileges you say the oppressed receive in terms of language and expression.
He's oppressed because he can't say the n-word?
In part. The word itself does not matter, but the fact that any word exists that he is judged differently for using is the problem.
What the fuck . . .
Was there something unreasonable about my statement of equality?
Oh, yeah.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:We should acknowledge the role of white men in the slavery of blacks. We should also acknowledge the black role in the slavery of blacks. Furthermore 2M white men fought to free the slaves and 350,000 died in the process.
Sure, I won't deny that. I also won't deny that black people have been treated like shit just because they are black for a long time. I also will not accept that many of the problems in the black community today are not self-inflicted and being exacerbated by the kind of rhetoric liberals are using.

I have like 8 black 2nd cousins. They are probably going to be average or failures. It will not be because of their skin color, it is because they have stupid parents. I am sure someone who does not know them will convince them it is because they are being discriminated against, and not because they are stupid, lazy, and barely know how to behave in public. I will one day have mixed kids, wanna bet they don't have the same "problems"?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Sure, I won't deny that. I also won't deny that black people have been treated like shit just because they are black for a long time. I also will not accept that many of the problems in the black community today are not self-inflicted and being exacerbated by the kind of rhetoric liberals are using.

I have like 8 black 2nd cousins. They are probably going to be average or failures. It will not be because of their skin color, it is because they have stupid parents. I am sure someone who does not know them will convince them it is because they are being discriminated against, and not because they are stupid, lazy, and barely know how to behave in public. I will one day have mixed kids, wanna bet they don't have the same "problems"?
Trying to say you'll be a decent father you pos?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo's gonna beat that stupid cinnamon out of em!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Lack of education is another consequence of the cards black Americans have been dealt though. Like, none of these things exist in a vacuum.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Funny side story, the female employee I mentioned has probably dated ten black guys since she has been working with me. I often ask to see pictures of the new guy so I can make wise ass remarks. So one day she shows me a new guy who is white and I say, "Casey! You went back!", and she says, "You can't go back if you have never been there.".
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

For Halloween though, since Zombs is going as Stevie Wonder, I'm going as Jimi Hendrix, Foo gonna be Little Richard, Jason as Johnny Lee Hooker, ya'll gotta pick and get your getups too.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Trying to say you'll be a decent father you pos?
The woman takes no shit. Venezuelans play by different rules. Venezuelan doctors even tougher.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Lack of education is another consequence of the cards black Americans have been dealt though. Like, none of these things exist in a vacuum.
And almost everything we accept as being part of "black culture" stands in the way of being successful outside of sports and entertainment.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

And almost everything we accept as being part of "black culture" stands in the way of being successful outside of sports and entertainment.
It's a double-edged sword for sure, but a lot of it is reactive rather than proactive. Things tend to be different when white people are actually cool with living around black people. Think South Side is a little different today if white people didn't flee en masse when black people moved in? Built a nice freeway that cut right through it and took all the tax dollars with them.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

It's a double-edged sword for sure, but a lot of it is reactive rather than proactive. Things tend to be different when white people are actually cool with living around black people. Think South Side is a little different today if white people didn't flee en masse when black people moved in? Built a nice freeway that cut right through it and took all the tax dollars with them.
Well, it is the people claiming to be looking out for them that are hurting them the most. I would rather a person tell me they are not going to help me than toss me a life preserver made of lead.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Well, it is the people claiming to be looking out for them that are hurting them the most. I would rather a person tell me they are not going to help me than toss me a life preserver made of lead.
How are Republicans helping them?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

If they are smart, by telling them it is time to help themselves, not getting elected, and watching the whole thing burn.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

If they are smart, by telling them it is time to help themselves, not getting elected, and watching the whole thing burn.
You don't think representatives should be held accountable to some degree for the fuck-ups of their predecessors?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

You don't think representatives should be held accountable to some degree for the fuck-ups of their predecessors?
Not unless they were involved in it. Like if I was to run for mayor tomorrow, I suppose it would be as a Republican, but I would have nothing to do with the current RINO that runs the town, and thus would have no connection.