NFL Pick Em & Suicide

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Jason
Administrator

Re: NFL Pick Em & Suicide

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:By the way, there are a lot of scary parallels between what the Broncos are now and what the Redskins became in the mid-90s. The similarities are really startling and it should terrify all Broncos fans. Remember, the Redskins were once a regional force. An elite franchise who won for decades, were part of THE rivalry of football with Dallas and had a HUGE fan presence all over the Mid-Atlantic and South.
All we need is a Stan Humphries...
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:By the way, there are a lot of scary parallels between what the Broncos are now and what the Redskins became in the mid-90s. The similarities are really startling and it should terrify all Broncos fans. Remember, the Redskins were once a regional force. An elite franchise who won for decades, were part of THE rivalry of football with Dallas and had a HUGE fan presence all over the Mid-Atlantic and South.
All we need is a Stan Humphries...
Heath Shuler.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Well, when you can't even call em a Redskin anymore, of course nobody gives a fuck about em.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Well, when you can't even call em a Redskin anymore, of course nobody gives a fuck about em.
Heaven forbid we change names from openly racist ones to something less so. :D surely US sports has a long history of both place and name changes. I think they should be Machines. Washington Machines. Or washing machines for short. People could come dressed as their favorite Whirlpool or LG machines. All RBs who do a spin move would get the “put defenders in the spin cycle!” Comment. It would be infinite fun.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Heaven forbid we change names from openly racist ones to something less so. :D surely US sports has a long history of both place and name changes. I think they should be Machines. Washington Machines. Or washing machines for short. People could come dressed as their favorite Whirlpool or LG machines. All RBs who do a spin move would get the “put defenders in the spin cycle!” Comment. It would be infinite fun.
And nobody would give a flying fuck about that either. We all know libs are grand champions of gaying everything up, but stay out of sports.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

A ton more Natives care than you think, though. Not my call but Dan Snyder will never change it anyway.

The name itself is the legacy of an owner who only integrated when threatened with a civil rights suit by the JFK administration, making Washington by far the last NFL team to do so.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Call em the Avengers, let Disney have a piece so people can mainline all their favorite marketing tie-ins and call it a day.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

DC has two retro names you could steal. Senators or Bullets. The Redskins colors and logo are so classic though.

It will never change. That's the one thing Dan Snyder can hang his hat on. He's a slimeball who has completely destroyed one of the proudest franchises in NFL history, but at least they'll always be the Redskins.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I'm down with changing it to Bullets. One for every Indian tear.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The NFL took a poll and 90% of native Americans either didn't give a shit or actually liked the name. Stop with the fucking virtue signaling and being offended for other people.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

A ton more than you think means some strung out smackhead on a reservation somewhere said "Fuck the NFL, red is bad for the skin", so hold the fucking phones.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

A ton more virtue signaling, white liberal pussies than you think are offended by it. Let's ask Pocahontas, aka Elizabeth Warren, aka Chief Spreadingbull how offended she is. With her high cheek bones.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

You don't watch football, stop polluting the thread with your garbage politics.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

If I wanted to hear cuckservative talking points spewed at me in unexpected places, I'd drive out to any rural shithole town in this country.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:If I wanted to hear cuckservative talking points spewed at me in unexpected places, I'd drive out to any rural shithole town in this country.
How fun cow tipping. I'll be at the bar with all the regular folk.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:A ton more virtue signaling, white liberal pussies than you think are offended by it. Let's ask Pocahontas, aka Elizabeth Warren, aka Chief Spreadingbull how offended she is. With her high cheek bones.
Conservative pussies taste just like liberal pussies. You guys have literally drove a decent QB out of the league because he kneels. He is right that black people get treated differently by cops and the system. The Pig socks was his one thing that kind of offended me. He apologized and ex-military peeps showed him what to do. He apologized for the pig socks. Anyway, let's try and keep politics out of the sports thread. You can have the last say if ya want. Love you man.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:A ton more virtue signaling, white liberal pussies than you think are offended by it. Let's ask Pocahontas, aka Elizabeth Warren, aka Chief Spreadingbull how offended she is. With her high cheek bones.
Conservative pussies taste just like liberal pussies. You guys have literally drove a decent QB out of the league because he kneels. He is right that black people get treated differently by cops and the system. The Pig socks was his one thing that kind of offended me. He apologized and ex-military peeps showed him what to do. He apologized for the pig socks. Anyway, let's try and keep politics out of the sports thread. You can have the last say if ya want. Love you man.
You liberal fairies drove Tebow out of the league for the same thing! :D "Stupid religious person praying and stuff!" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Black people do not get treated differently by the cops. Now that bodycam has been introduced, all it's done is shown black people totally lying about being mistreated by police. The vast majority (the VAST majority) of police do an excellent job. The pig socks was a dead giveaway that he was just being a fag for no reason other than to shit on cops because it's fun to do it when you want to pretend to be a victim. Once it gained attention, he had no choice but to pretend it was for a good cause. He's a piece of shit, and an even shittier QB.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:You don't watch football, stop polluting the thread with your garbage politics.
Everyone else's politics polluting thread before I arrived is fine, though.

Fear not, I'll be out of here soon enough, anyway.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:You don't watch football, stop polluting the thread with your garbage politics.

You're a toxic presence when you spew your political venom into threads that aren't political. Stop being that toxic presence instead of whining about being called out on it while continuing to be toxic.

Everyone needs to quit bitching about politics or invoking politics in non-political threads all the time. It's so ridiculous. Are you guys just bitter about everything liberal every second of your lives and it has to be present in everything? I must have missed when this site turned into RightWingVentChamber.com. I mean fuck.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

You're a toxic presence when you spew your political venom into threads that aren't political. Stop being that toxic presence instead of whining about being called out on it while continuing to be toxic.

Everyone needs to quit bitching about politics or invoking politics in non-political threads all the time. It's so ridiculous.
I didn't bring it into the thread, dink.

Same goes for you. Listen to your own lecture.