Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
You have never viewed paparazzi photos? Never looked at Britney's cooter, etc.?
i've probably seen some paparazzi photos, but not knowingly. i didn't know the source. i've never seen nude celebs unless in a movie or a photoshoot or something.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:Foo just hypothetical say when you were young some dude made you suck his cock. Now you are ashamed and terrified other people will know. Now the Dude who did that is a greatly renowned person. Now he than feeds you money and opportunity at your weakest moment. It's easy to say you would act different. Shame changes things.
We all make choices. I chose to flip burgers instead of sucking dick to be in movies. I chose to live a humble life that includes a daily grind rather than one of celebrity that has me beholden to the sexual whims of a person I am not attracted to. I assume my butthole has some value to craigslist and tinder pervs, but I choose to not do that.

Even in her own version, it doesn't sound like rape. The moment some man emerges naked with lotion and asks for a massage, I am bolting out of there.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Well, you keep trying to understand. I understand it just fine. A person with power and influence hit on her. She sent mixed signals and reluctantly had sex with him at first. They became friends and their sexual relationship continued, she was accepting gifts and favors during this relationship. The relationship ended and she decided to claim rape years later, after others mad allegations. Some in the past have made money making these allegations, and others are working towards that end.

What am is missing?
i think you want to side against the women, and are looking for justification for that position, rather than actually taking weinstein's actions into account as well. (and i mean, as a whole, not just this specific situation) things don't happen in a vacuum. it's dishonest to treat it as if it does, to justify your position.
Has nothing to do with women. Don't play the sex card. It could have just as easily been a young man in the Asia Argento story.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Well, you keep trying to understand. I understand it just fine. A person with power and influence hit on her. She sent mixed signals and reluctantly had sex with him at first. They became friends and their sexual relationship continued, she was accepting gifts and favors during this relationship. The relationship ended and she decided to claim rape years later, after others mad allegations. Some in the past have made money making these allegations, and others are working towards that end.

What am is missing?
i think you want to side against the women, and are looking for justification for that position, rather than actually taking weinstein's actions into account as well. (and i mean, as a whole, not just this specific situation) things don't happen in a vacuum. it's dishonest to treat it as if it does, to justify your position.
Has nothing to do with women. Don't play the sex card. It could have just as easily been a young man in the Asia Argento story.
you're right. fair enough. do you think that stockholm syndrome is a thing? could that be applied to other situations where people in a position that someone holds influence over them?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

What am is missing?
you're right. fair enough. do you think that stockholm syndrome is a thing? could that be applied to other situations where people in a position that someone holds influence over them?
I believe people have a wide array of mental disorders and trying to categorize them is psychobabble bullshit.

Do I believe she had sexual relations with a person she was not attracted to because she desired money and fame? Yes. Do I believe he initiated the sexual relationship that she would have rather not had? Yes. Do I believe this was a pattern of behavior for him? Yes. Do I believe this is a pattern of behavior for her? Possibly. (I absolutely believe this to be the case with Rose McGowen). Do I believe this has a place in business? No.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

What am is missing?
I believe people have a wide array of mental disorders and trying to categorize them is psychobabble bullshit.

Do I believe she had sexual relations with a person she was not attracted to because she desired money and fame? Yes. Do I believe he initiated the sexual relationship that she would have rather not had? Yes. Do I believe this was a pattern of behavior for him? Yes. Do I believe this is a pattern of behavior for her? Possibly. (I absolutely believe this to be the case with Rose McGowen). Do I believe this has a place in business? No.
i agree that there shouldn't be situations where things aren't made clear as consensual or not, in business or favor. if you mean to say that making a living on your body or your image has no place. i disagree. and i think that if you really feel that way, you wouldn't watch movies / tv shows at all. but we're a community of horror movie fans, so it's a little strange to have that position, to me.

if things are going to change, it needs to be changed on both sides. the weinstein types need to stop predating, as much as the mcgowan types (in your estimation) need to stop blurring the line between consent and non-consent.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Foo just hypothetical say when you were young some dude made you suck his cock. Now you are ashamed and terrified other people will know. Now the Dude who did that is a greatly renowned person. Now he than feeds you money and opportunity at your weakest moment. It's easy to say you would act different. Shame changes things.
We all make choices. I chose to flip burgers instead of sucking dick to be in movies. I chose to live a humble life that includes a daily grind rather than one of celebrity that has me beholden to the sexual whims of a person I am not attracted to. I assume my butthole has some value to craigslist and tinder pervs, but I choose to not do that.

Even in her own version, it doesn't sound like rape. The moment some man emerges naked with lotion and asks for a massage, I am bolting out of there.
It doesn't have to be a job related thing say anybody when you were young did the same thing and hurt you would shame keep you from speaking up? You had a inborn love and passion to make food for people but some dude made you blow him and you know soon as everyone knew you did that your dream was over.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

What am is missing?

i agree that there shouldn't be situations where things aren't made clear as consensual or not, in business or favor. if you mean to say that making a living on your body or your image has no place. i disagree. and i think that if you really feel that way, you wouldn't watch movies / tv shows at all. but we're a community of horror movie fans, so it's a little strange to have that position, to me.

if things are going to change, it needs to be changed on both sides. the weinstein types need to stop predating, as much as the mcgowan types (in your estimation) need to stop blurring the line between consent and non-consent.
what is strange about my position? I never said people cannot make a living that way. I am saying making a living that way has pitfalls. Among those pitfalls are when you cultivate an image of sexuality, don't be surprised when sex is part of your value to people. Do you think a Hustler girl spreading her ass for closeup pictures should be offended when guys want to masturbate to her images? What about the actress flirting and networking to get roles. Do you think she wore something sexy for Harvey? Do you think she laughed at his unfunny jokes? Do you think she may have touched him in non-sexual ways while flirting?

The other major pitfall is shelf life. Do you think McGowen and Argento pivoting has anything to do with no longer being able to exploit their sexuality as successfully as they once did?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Foo wrote:

It doesn't have to be a job related thing say anybody when you were young did the same thing and hurt you would shame keep you from speaking up? You had a inborn love and passion to make food for people but some dude made you blow him and you know soon as everyone knew you did that your dream was over.
I can honestly tell you that as an adult, like the women we are discussing were, if someone forced me to suck their dick, I would not have a multiple year relationship with them afterwards that included working on projects, hanging out with them, and posing for public photos smiling with my arm around them.

With a child, all bets are off. It is a different dynamic.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
what is strange about my position? I never said people cannot make a living that way. I am saying making a living that way has pitfalls. Among those pitfalls are when you cultivate an image of sexuality, don't be surprised when sex is part of your value to people. Do you think a Hustler girl spreading her ass for closeup pictures should be offended when guys want to masturbate to her images? What about the actress flirting and networking to get roles. Do you think she wore something sexy for Harvey? Do you think she laughed at his unfunny jokes? Do you think she may have touched him in non-sexual ways while flirting?

The other major pitfall is shelf life. Do you think McGowen and Argento pivoting has anything to do with no longer being able to exploit their sexuality as successfully as they once did?
" Do I believe this has a place in business? No." <-- what do you believe has no place in business? i need to understand your position to know if it is a strange position for sure. you're not making it clear, really, at the moment.

in the case of the hustler girl.. no, she shouldn't be offended in being fantasized about and the like. but if someone sees her on a flight, and starts to jack off as he stares. then she has every right to be offended.

if that actress invited and consented to his advances, and worked for those advances, then she has a part in that responsibility.

maybe so. i think that it could have a part in it, but i don't know if it actually does. if they're being opportunistic and making false claims, then they are part of the problem. but i don't know that they are.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Zombie, let's be 100% clear here. Based on Asia Argebto's own account of the events, do you see how Weinstein could have felt she was consenting?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

" Do I believe this has a place in business? No." <-- what do you believe has no place in business? i need to understand your position to know if it is a strange position for sure. you're not making it clear, really, at the moment.

in the case of the hustler girl.. no, she shouldn't be offended in being fantasized about and the like. but if someone sees her on a flight, and starts to jack off as he stares. then she has every right to be offended.

if that actress invited and consented to his advances, and worked for those advances, then she has a part in that responsibility.

maybe so. i think that it could have a part in it, but i don't know if it actually does. if they're being opportunistic and making false claims, then they are part of the problem. but i don't know that they are.
I don't believe that sex should have a place in business. That goes both ways. The people flirting and allowing others to believe they are open to sexual favors, and those trying to use their power to get sexual favors.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:Zombie, let's be 100% clear here. Based on Asia Argebto's own account of the events, do you see how Weinstein could have felt she was consenting?
i could see that, yeah. and she admitted that it could look that way, as i recall.

i've done stupid things, taken attraction or interest too far. i'm self aware enough to know where i made mistakes and where i have fault. weinstein may not have that kind of awareness. or he may not even care. asia argento is not the only girl, neither is mcgowan.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I can't recall the individual making the allegation offhand, but one of the women stated Weinstein told her if she lost some weight she could be on a show he was producing about runway models. So basically, telling a person who is heavier than the part they are after they would need to look the part. Oh the horror!

And this is lumped in with rape allegations as part of the case being made to the public...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: I don't believe that sex should have a place in business. That goes both ways. The people flirting and allowing others to believe they are open to sexual favors, and those trying to use their power to get sexual favors.
'
is that to mean, the physical act, or of even putting forth that image for yourself, in some way? does an ass shot in a movie, or cleavage, not have a place?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:Zombie, let's be 100% clear here. Based on Asia Argebto's own account of the events, do you see how Weinstein could have felt she was consenting?
i could see that, yeah. and she admitted that it could look that way, as i recall.

i've done stupid things, taken attraction or interest too far. i'm self aware enough to know where i made mistakes and where i have fault. weinstein may not have that kind of awareness. or he may not even care. asia argento is not the only girl, neither is mcgowan.
Yet, she continues to allege rape...

An actress, acting as though she is enjoying oral sex. Continuing a sexual relationship. Continuing to seek favors and opportunity for years. Yet...she continues to allege rape.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:I can't recall the individual making the allegation offhand, but one of the women stated Weinstein told her if she lost some weight she could be on a show he was producing about runway models. So basically, telling a person who is heavier than the part they are after they would need to look the part. Oh the horror!

And this is lumped in with rape allegations as part of the case being made to the public...
and it shouldn't be lumped in. that is something separate.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: I don't believe that sex should have a place in business. That goes both ways. The people flirting and allowing others to believe they are open to sexual favors, and those trying to use their power to get sexual favors.
'
is that to mean, the physical act, or of even putting forth that image for yourself, in some way? does an ass shot in a movie, or cleavage, not have a place?
The physical act.

Entertainment is a whole different discussion.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:I can't recall the individual making the allegation offhand, but one of the women stated Weinstein told her if she lost some weight she could be on a show he was producing about runway models. So basically, telling a person who is heavier than the part they are after they would need to look the part. Oh the horror!

and it shouldn't be lumped in. that is something separate.
Like a consensual relationship?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Yet, she continues to allege rape...

An actress, acting as though she is enjoying oral sex. Continuing a sexual relationship. Continuing to seek favors and opportunity for years. Yet...she continues to allege rape.
so weinstein is not a creep, because someone making claims may be opportunistic? nope. :P