Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: I don't believe that sex should have a place in business. That goes both ways. The people flirting and allowing others to believe they are open to sexual favors, and those trying to use their power to get sexual favors.
'
is that to mean, the physical act, or of even putting forth that image for yourself, in some way? does an ass shot in a movie, or cleavage, not have a place?
The physical act.

Entertainment is a whole different discussion.
that's fair. i don't agree, nor do i agree that making that kind of living means that you forfeit the right to say no, if someone tries to force their self onto you.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:I can't recall the individual making the allegation offhand, but one of the women stated Weinstein told her if she lost some weight she could be on a show he was producing about runway models. So basically, telling a person who is heavier than the part they are after they would need to look the part. Oh the horror!

And this is lumped in with rape allegations as part of the case being made to the public...
and it shouldn't be lumped in. that is something separate.
Like a consensual relationship?
a consensual relationship is not like making someone feel like garbage about their body. nor is making someone feel like garbage about their body like raping them.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: I don't believe that sex should have a place in business. That goes both ways. The people flirting and allowing others to believe they are open to sexual favors, and those trying to use their power to get sexual favors.
'
is that to mean, the physical act, or of even putting forth that image for yourself, in some way? does an ass shot in a movie, or cleavage, not have a place?
The physical act.

Entertainment is a whole different discussion.
that's fair. i don't agree, nor do i agree that making that kind of living means that you forfeit the right to say no, if someone tries to force their self onto you.
No shit. No one is condoning rape. We ALL agree with that. My point is that women using their sex appeal to get favors and then enter into murky sex filled relationships hurt rape victims when they jump on the boat.

I care about people. I care about a person who is violently raped a whole lot more than I care about a prostitue having non-violent sex with her John. Doesn't mean I endorse either.

Argento is more of a prostitute by her own description. Is she a victim? Sure. Is Weinstein a victim? Possibly.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:I can't recall the individual making the allegation offhand, but one of the women stated Weinstein told her if she lost some weight she could be on a show he was producing about runway models. So basically, telling a person who is heavier than the part they are after they would need to look the part. Oh the horror!

And this is lumped in with rape allegations as part of the case being made to the public...
a consensual relationship is not like making someone feel like garbage about their body. nor is making someone feel like garbage about their body like raping them.
nothing about it was non-consensual. If someone is too fat for a modeling job, it has nothing to do with anything, so why is that part of the allegations?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

nothing about it was non-consensual. If someone is too fat for a modeling job, it has nothing to do with anything, so why is that part of the allegations?
if you have a certain type in mind for a role, find that type. that seems pretty simple. why force another type to be the type you're looking for? weird. :P

but it should not be included with the rape allegations. it is something different. i said that just a couple posts before. but i can repeat myself, if need be.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
No shit. No one is condoning rape. We ALL agree with that. My point is that women using their sex appeal to get favors and then enter into murky sex filled relationships hurt rape victims when they jump on the boat.

I care about people. I care about a person who is violently raped a whole lot more than I care about a prostitue having non-violent sex with her John. Doesn't mean I endorse either.

Argento is more of a prostitute by her own description. Is she a victim? Sure. Is Weinstein a victim? Possibly.
can a prostitute be raped or sexually harassed? can an actress who banks on a sexy image be raped or sexually harassed? should they not come forward, because it may "hurt rape victims" ?

argento does seem like she could be opportunistic in this. doesn't change how i view weinstein though.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

if you have a certain type in mind for a role, find that type. that seems pretty simple. why force another type to be the type you're looking for? weird. :P

but it should not be included with the rape allegations. it is something different. i said that just a couple posts before. but i can repeat myself, if need be.
Was it weird when Christian Bale, Tom Hanks, DeNiro, etc lost or gained weight for roles? Do you think women are generic and interchangeable?

You seem hellbent on making it murky.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

can a prostitute be raped or sexually harassed? can an actress who banks on a sexy image be raped or sexually harassed? should they not come forward, because it may "hurt rape victims" ?

argento does seem like she could be opportunistic in this. doesn't change how i view weinstein though.
A prostitute is raped every single time they sell their body.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Was it weird when Christian Bale, Tom Hanks, DeNiro, etc lost or gained weight for roles? Do you think women are generic and interchangeable?

You seem hellbent on making it murky.
they chose to do that, to better fit the role after they signed, or that was my understanding of it. if they were asked directly to change themselves in order to get the role, that is a little weird, yeah. and no, i don't think that about women. but you know that.

making it murky in what way?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

A prostitute is raped every single time they sell their body.
well, if you're not going to answer the question. then we can move on to another discussion.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Stockholm syndrome: real or psychobabble?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:Stockholm syndrome: real or psychobabble?
i think it's a real thing, but it can be twisted into psychobabble of one sort or another.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Do you like street tacos?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:Do you like street tacos?
i don't think i've had any, but i probably would like it. this doesn't seem politics board appropriate. :P
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

I don't need forgiveness .. Trump is a piece of shit
had lied every single day since his Master of shitness starting shitting in the Oval Office.. before that he just shit on family business partners and well everyone
I predicted he would throw every member of his team under the bus when the shit hit the fan including his family
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Lunachic wrote:I don't need forgiveness .. Trump is a piece of shit
had lied every single day since his Master of shitness starting shitting in the Oval Office.. before that he just shit on family business partners and well everyone
I predicted he would throw every member of his team under the bus when the shit hit the fan including his family
Well the bus throwing definitely is happening. That’s for sure.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

You have to do some incredible mental gymnastics to not see Trump as a total piece of shit.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I'll take the tax cuts and fewer illegal criminals here, no matter if the guy doing it has a good personality or not. Obama was probably neato, but he decided to cripple our country with his healthcare disaster. My priority is our well-being, not who is Mr. Congeniality.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

Foo wrote:I'll take the tax cuts and fewer illegal criminals here, no matter if the guy doing it has a good personality or not. Obama was probably neato, but he decided to cripple our country with his healthcare disaster. My priority is our well-being, not who is Mr. Congeniality.
as is Mine
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

I also think the reason Trump is orange is because he had a Russian hooker pee on him. I am betting she was from Chernobyl :P