Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Alabama still have 650k to a nutcase pedophile. The partisan nature of US politics is insane.
Plus all the votes Roy Moore got! Was like 1.3m votes for crazy!
I don’t get this, are you actually saying you wanted racist scum like Roy Moore in the Senate?
Yup, I care about how they vote and how those votes impact me. I am not hanging out with the guy.

I ask that the federal government protect me from foreign threats and let me keep as much as I earn as possible. I am not a liberal looking for free shit.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Alabama still have 650k to a nutcase pedophile. The partisan nature of US politics is insane.
I don’t get this, are you actually saying you wanted racist scum like Roy Moore in the Senate?
Yup, I care about how they vote and how those votes impact me. I am not hanging out with the guy.

I ask that the federal government protect me from foreign threats and let me keep as much as I earn as possible. I am not a liberal looking for free shit.
seb was not asking about your stance on entitlement or anything. why is your tactic always to deflect and ignore what is being asked?

and i think that people should look a little bit beyond just how something could impact them personally. you want gays to vote beyond just gay issues, or blacks to vote beyond black issues. but you also want to only vote for issues that impact yourself.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

seb was not asking about your stance on entitlement or anything. why is your tactic always to deflect and ignore what is being asked?

and i think that people should look a little bit beyond just how something could impact them personally. you want gays to vote beyond just gay issues, or blacks to vote beyond black issues. but you also want to only vote for issues that impact yourself.
I stated my opinion and why. Was that not clear?

Do blacks and gays not benefit from military protection and a good economy where they keep more of what they earn? Is that considered "White Guy Stuff"?

And yes, most of the those that play the race, gender, and gay card want are small minded. It is like the person who obsesses over having a red car instead of a car that runs. They don't even understand the unintended consequences of their stupid wants.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

Do blacks and gays not benefit from military protection and a good economy where they keep more of what they earn? Is that considered "White Guy Stuff"?

And yes, most of the those that play the race, gender, and gay card want are small minded. It is like the person who obsesses over having a red car instead of a car that runs. They don't even understand the unintended consequences of their stupid wants.
yeah, i think you made yourself clear. you don't care that a politician does not see a group of people as equal, or at least don't consider that that may affect the way he votes, seemingly. *shrug*
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

yeah, i think you made yourself clear. you don't care that a politician does not see a group of people as equal, or at least don't consider that that may affect the way he votes, seemingly. *shrug*
I think you view people as equals when you do not make laws with respect to race, gender, and gayness.

In golf, women don't start the hole from the men's tees. They do not protest. There is a special division just for them, so they can compete. They do not complain. When they make less money for not being as good, they complain. This is society.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

I think you view people as equals when you do not make laws with respect to race, gender, and gayness.

In golf, women don't start the hole from the men's tees. They do not protest. There is a special division just for them, so they can compete. They do not complain. When they make less money for not being as good, they complain. This is society.
you don't want laws made to favor race, gender, and gayness. i don't want laws made to disadvantage race, gender, and gayness.

society does not segregate men and women, so i don't understand the golf analogy.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Give me an example of a law that favors white people over black people.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:Give me an example of a law that favors white people over black people.
i'm not interested to argue in circles. we have gotten better in that regard, than in the past, and i hope we continue to. voting or supporting someone who is racist does seem counter productive to that end. if you don't believe him to be racist, then fair enough. but that was the basis of the discussion.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

How is asking you a question to back up your claim arguing in circles? What are these racist laws you are so worried about?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:How is asking you a question to back up your claim arguing in circles? What are these racist laws you are so worried about?
i made no claims of specific laws. i was talking generalities, because i don't want to fall into the trap of trying to prove who is more correct and i've argued enough, here, to know that is coming. :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:How is asking you a question to back up your claim arguing in circles? What are these racist laws you are so worried about?
i made no claims of specific laws. i was talking generalities, because i don't want to fall into the trap of trying to prove who is more correct and i've argued enough, here, to know that is coming. :P
Well, we are talking about the election of lawmakers. So laws they make and support matter.

The flip side of Moore is Doug Jones, the dude who won, who believes the system is racist because black people are convicted of crimes at a much higher rate than whites people, oblivious to the possibility that this could be because they commit crimes at at a much higher rate.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Well, we are talking about the election of lawmakers. So laws they make and support matter.

The flip side of Moore is Doug Jones, the dude who won, who believes the system is racist because black people are convicted of crimes at a much higher rate than whites people, oblivious to the possibility that this could be because they commit crimes at at a much higher rate.
agreed. the laws they make and support matter. and there is always a flipside to any topic of argument. you already think i'm inherently stupid for just leaning liberal on some things. i don't want to be reminded of that, through a big argument.

is doug jones looking to keep criminals from being convicted because they happen to be black? i don't think anyone would support that, except for the criminals who don't want to be convicted.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I don't think it is stupid to want free shit. That is what modern liberalism is largely based upon. I have never called you stupid.

Why else would you make it a point to act like the number of blacks convicted of crimes is unjust? I want everyone treated the same under the law. However the numbers shake out, so be it. He feels differently.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i don't want the government to give me free shit. so we can find some common ground at least.

there are so many variables and ways to interpret the law, that it's hard to treat everyone the same under the law. i think he wants to try to make it more fair, not to keep actual criminals from being convicted.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:i don't want the government to give me free shit. so we can find some common ground at least.

there are so many variables and ways to interpret the law, that it's hard to treat everyone the same under the law. i think he wants to try to make it more fair, not to keep actual criminals from being convicted.
Do you want the government to provide everyone with healthcare?

What makes you think he wants it more fair? What evidence does he have that it is unfair now?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

"More Fair" - what does this even mean? If you and I agree to split something 50-50, is it more fair if you get 60?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:i don't want the government to give me free shit. so we can find some common ground at least.

What makes you think he wants it more fair? What evidence does he have that it is unfair now?
it wouldn't hurt if healthcare was made more available. but it shouldn't be for free. and people shouldn't be penalized if they can't afford it.

that's just how it looks to me. if he shows otherwise, then i'll re-assess his intentions.

and no agreeing to 50/50 and then taking something more is not fair. nor is it relevant, as us dividing something between ourselves does not impact anyone else.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

it wouldn't hurt if healthcare was made more available. but it shouldn't be for free. and people shouldn't be penalized if they can't afford it.

that's just how it looks to me. if he shows otherwise, then i'll re-assess his intentions.

and no agreeing to 50/50 and then taking something more is not fair. nor is it relevant, as us dividing something between ourselves does not impact anyone else.
Do you think he believes it is unfair that men are disproportionately convicted of sexual assault?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:I don't think it is stupid to want free shit. That is what modern liberalism is largely based upon. I have never called you stupid.

Why else would you make it a point to act like the number of blacks convicted of crimes is unjust? I want everyone treated the same under the law. However the numbers shake out, so be it. He feels differently.
No, that’s not the point of liberalism.

And the point about crime isn’t the crimes themselves. It’s the situations that lead to crime and addressing them. Things like poverty, education, social equality, equality if opportunity. A black criminal shouldn’t be judged more leniently than a white criminal for the same crime. That would be stupid. Although I kotice the harsher average penalties for black criminals is also an actual issue.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Do you think he believes it is unfair that men are disproportionately convicted of sexual assault?
no. the point is not to keep criminals from being convicted. at least that's how it looks to me.