Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

Unemployment rate is not a strong measure of the economy. Neither is job growth in industries soon to be dominated by the robots.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:barely anyone cares to focus on the accomplishments or success under a given president. the focus is nearly always about the individual or about the party of which they belong.

obama had successes. but he's terrible because you don't like the company he kept. or because he was a secret muslim or some other shit.
No. I promise you I tried to like Obama. His ACA nearly killed me and he is solely responsible for race and gender wars in this country and made America look weak to foreign nations. His big accomplishment was ending the Embargo on Cuba. That was it. He truly was not good and I tried hard to get behind him.

The coolest thing he did was before leaving office, he honored Bruce Springsteen with the Medal of Freedom. Very cool!
but you're not doing so well, either, in these years under trump, by your own admission.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:barely anyone cares to focus on the accomplishments or success under a given president. the focus is nearly always about the individual or about the party of which they belong.

obama had successes. but he's terrible because you don't like the company he kept. or because he was a secret muslim or some other shit.
No. I promise you I tried to like Obama. His ACA nearly killed me and he is solely responsible for race and gender wars in this country and made America look weak to foreign nations. His big accomplishment was ending the Embargo on Cuba. That was it. He truly was not good and I tried hard to get behind him.

The coolest thing he did was before leaving office, he honored Bruce Springsteen with the Medal of Freedom. Very cool!
but you're not doing so well, either, in these years under trump, by your own admission.
Trump is not responsible for my company treating me like shit. Lol. I have multiple jobs ready for me at any moment, but I have money saved up, so I'm gonna chill out for a month and I even have the option to maybe pursue leaving California thanks to the high job supply.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

Trump is not responsible for my company treating me like shit. Lol. I have multiple jobs ready for me at any moment, but I have money saved up, so I'm gonna chill out for a month and I even have the option to maybe pursue leaving California thanks to the high job supply.
well, then we need to talk about why aca was so bad to you. and was good for others, like dream for instance, if i recall. and what just dismantling that and not putting something else together in it's place means for people too.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

well, then we need to talk about why aca was so bad to you. and was good for others, like dream for instance, if i recall. and what just dismantling that and not putting something else together in it's place means for people too.
Oh, I see what you meant by "doing well".

ACA nearly killed me because I was barely being treated with my first blood clot and nobody knew what the issue was, yet. This was less than three weeks before it switched to ACA. When it switched to ACA, I no longer had the ability to choose a doctor or hospital. I was essentially assigned those things by ACA and I received terrible care under it. It took them YEARS to find out my issue was genetic. Years... Yet, the service I received in the 2-3 weeks before ACA, records show they discovered my genetic condition, but my new service providers apparently never looked at their findings. Absolute incompetence and I had no say in where I could get treated.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:

Oh, I see what you meant by "doing well".

ACA nearly killed me because I was barely being treated with my first blood clot and nobody knew what the issue was, yet. This was less than three weeks before it switched to ACA. When it switched to ACA, I no longer had the ability to choose a doctor or hospital. I was essentially assigned those things by ACA and I received terrible care under it. It took them YEARS to find out my issue was genetic. Years... Yet, the service I received in the 2-3 weeks before ACA, records show they discovered my genetic condition, but my new service providers apparently never looked at their findings. Absolute incompetence and I had no say in where I could get treated.
is that incompetence with who you had to deal with, on a local level, or on the aca at a nationwide level? was there something written into the care act that forbade those providers to look into your condition and what others had found out about it?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

also, if you'd rather not get into this, just let me know. but that's what you said was his big fault and why he's trash.

we could talk about the race and gender wars and what effect trump has had, to that end. has it actually been a positive? or on what the view of america under trump is, to the rest of the world? is that favorable? cause it doesn't seem to be.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Headhunter wrote:Unemployment rate is not a strong measure of the economy. Neither is job growth in industries soon to be dominated by the robots.
Werd. Unemployment sure doesn't do a headcount of the homeless either. Riverside area along has boomed in the homeless on the streets market in the last couple years alone.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote: is that incompetence with who you had to deal with, on a local level, or on the aca at a nationwide level? was there something written into the care act that forbade those providers to look into your condition and what others had found out about it?
The providers were not good, and the care I was receiving prior to that was probably excellent. Where ACA failed was not allowing me to choose where I could get care.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:also, if you'd rather not get into this, just let me know. but that's what you said was his big fault and why he's trash.

we could talk about the race and gender wars and what effect trump has had, to that end. has it actually been a positive? or on what the view of america under trump is, to the rest of the world? is that favorable? cause it doesn't seem to be.
I think it'll reflect well on voting numbers in his second term. He is going to have a surge in black and hispanic voting, I can pretty much guarantee it. He'll certainly surpass his 2016 numbers.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote: is that incompetence with who you had to deal with, on a local level, or on the aca at a nationwide level? was there something written into the care act that forbade those providers to look into your condition and what others had found out about it?
The providers were not good, and the care I was receiving prior to that was probably excellent. Where ACA failed was not allowing me to choose where I could get care.
fair. if you look at the impact of his policies on your life and wellbeing, then he's probably among the worst. but you're asking other people to feel the same way you do, without taking into account the difference in circumstance and in priorities. etc.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:also, if you'd rather not get into this, just let me know. but that's what you said was his big fault and why he's trash.

I think it'll reflect well on voting numbers in his second term. He is going to have a surge in black and hispanic voting, I can pretty much guarantee it. He'll certainly surpass his 2016 numbers.
his voting numbers will reflect how well he can sell himself to his base. if that's what makes a great president, he's a great president...
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
Why did t you go private insurance and choose your own doctor
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
Because our healthcare sux ass and people like us are too stupid to not realize that good and costly friendly health care can be achieved in the greatest nation in the world. Conservatives just mention Venezuela for scare tactics and liberals dont do enough to keep their candidates focused on a very important issue that affects every American. We're fucked.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
Because our healthcare sux ass and people like us are too stupid to not realize that good and costly friendly health care can be achieved in the greatest nation in the world. Conservatives just mention Venezuela for scare tactics and liberals dont do enough to keep their candidates focused on a very important issue that affects every American. We're fucked.
I’m just saying if his doctor was such a priority and there’s a private route why didn’t he go that way. T
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
I’m just saying if his doctor was such a priority and there’s a private route why didn’t he go that way. T
Oh, I completely understood you. It's just that no matter what route you take, you are fucked. Unless you are like me, and have good insurance through work. I'm just bitching about how fucked up our priorities are. People, on the left and right, not really any specific group. It's insane how bad our healthcare system is.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It’s a shot system for sure. No way to make it work as is.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Vindman and Sondland fired. Just gonna get worse.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:Vindman and Sondland fired. Just gonna get worse.
Expected
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Vindman and Sondland fired. Just gonna get worse.
Expected
Maybe in a banana republic. Not in a functioning democracy.