Unelected and unappointed deep state treason

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Unelected and unappointed deep state treason

Post by Headhunter »

Trickle down is a lie that Republicans have successfully exploited for a long time. Sometimes I think they would never win elections if their base actually did research. They just don't represent enough voters' interests to keep winning elections but somehow they still do. It really is pretty amazing.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Where’s this myth of the great economy coming from?
Living in it and knowing numerous business owners.
Yeah, I can believe YOU have it good. But not most others. That’s the weird bit.
I talk to a car dealership owner, dairy owner, real estate company manager, liquor store owner, and a hardware store manager every week. They all say sales are great, but they need better help.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
Yeah, I can believe YOU have it good. But not most others. That’s the weird bit.
Many business owners are claiming things are good right now, even my boss. Their employees however will disagree, proving once again "trickle down" doesn't work because no one fucking does it. It's funny. "Oh the economy is great now!" So...about raises so we can catch up over the last few years? I'm two rent increases from joining the homeless at the riverbottom. "Oh no, shop's not doing good enough. BTW, going on another vacation in 2 weeks."
Learn new skills and move on. You are worth what folks are willing to pay as an employee.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
Many business owners are claiming things are good right now, even my boss. Their employees however will disagree, proving once again "trickle down" doesn't work because no one fucking does it. It's funny. "Oh the economy is great now!" So...about raises so we can catch up over the last few years? I'm two rent increases from joining the homeless at the riverbottom. "Oh no, shop's not doing good enough. BTW, going on another vacation in 2 weeks."
Learn new skills and move on. You are worth what folks are willing to pay as an employee.
Nobody wants to pay more than minimum so no that's a bullshit excuse, just like the "needs better help"-yet-"sales are great" excuse of the owners you talk to.

I have a ton of skills loaded already. More still costs to learn, to have the official paperwork employers would want (they'll never accept "I've watched it on youtube"), moving costs money. Money I don't have, can't save, because I don't even have $70 leftover on paychecks after paying all my bills, because cost of living just won't stop rising. Oh, save that 70? Oh I guess I'm not going to eat for 3 fucking years so there's enough money to move! Better hope nothing happens like too few hours in a week that I don't have to dip into anything saved to cover for it!
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Hell, according to the Inland Empire area, I'm "overpaid" for what I do, they expect this to be a minimum wage job now too.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The housing market demanding 90% of your income is the big issue here.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
Nobody wants to pay more than minimum so no that's a bullshit excuse, just like the "needs better help"-yet-"sales are great" excuse of the owners you talk to.

I have a ton of skills loaded already. More still costs to learn, to have the official paperwork employers would want (they'll never accept "I've watched it on youtube"), moving costs money. Money I don't have, can't save, because I don't even have $70 leftover on paychecks after paying all my bills, because cost of living just won't stop rising. Oh, save that 70? Oh I guess I'm not going to eat for 3 fucking years so there's enough money to move! Better hope nothing happens like too few hours in a week that I don't have to dip into anything saved to cover for it!
Then do something else. When I saw real estate changing and my future, I left to do something completely unrelated. Work for yourself. You owe it to yourself to break the cycle.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:The housing market demanding 90% of your income is the big issue here.
Definitely a big one. My place really shouldn't cost more than $300 a month because it's so small and such a dump in a gang-infested ratnest of a neighborhood (that two weeks ago, I saw get compared to Lynwood and Oakland by someone who lived in those places), but nope, nearing 3x that much just because "der, California, we special!".
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:The housing market demanding 90% of your income is the big issue here.
Definitely a big one. My place really shouldn't cost more than $300 a month because it's so small and such a dump in a gang-infested ratnest of a neighborhood (that two weeks ago, I saw get compared to Lynwood and Oakland by someone who lived in those places), but nope, nearing 3x that much just because "der, California, we special!".
My grandparents rent a trailer in Tennessee for $200 a month. It is available.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Meanwhile, Prague is an amazing city where you can live like a king on an income that would make you struggle day-to-day in California. And the living standard is pretty close too. California is not a state you can just get by in.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
and how much would it cost for alli and d to move from cali to tennessee? how quickly would they both be able to find a new job? you want it to be a simple fix because it makes you feel justified in your position, but often it's not feasible.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Foo wrote:
And how'd I get there? Oh, the thousands of dollars I'd need to move that I'll never be able save up.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
and how much would it cost for alli and d to move from cali to tennessee? how quickly would they both be able to find a new job? you want it to be a simple fix because it makes you feel justified in your position, but often it's not feasible.
Exactly.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Headhunter wrote:Meanwhile, Prague is an amazing city where you can live like a king on an income that would make you struggle day-to-day in California. And the living standard is pretty close too. California is not a state you can just get by in.
I'm sure. I'm pretty stuck where I'm at unless my book actually takes off (which is struggling to get beta readers to even start reading it, which isn't boding well), or I win some kind of lottery, otherwise it's completely unrealistic to get out of this hole. It's not even a dirt hole, where I can carve my own ladder in the dirt walls, it's like a metal smooth tube.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
That’s exactly my issue with this take. GDP, stock market, unemployment are all really good. But other indicators continue to really lag, including wage growth and low and middle class wealth. The economy is rocking for the rich firvsure, and for some businesses but not for most Americans. Makes it weird to see it be the big headline. All analysis suggests the tax cut did nothing but accelerate the biggest stock buyback in years to inflate share prices.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
It is easier to list all the reasons a person can't. Millions of kids, fresh out of high school, move across the country to live all the time.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: It is easier to list all the reasons a person can't. Millions of kids, fresh out of high school, move across the country to live all the time.
no, it's in fact just as easy to tell someone that they just need to find something more successful, as it is to list reasons why it won't work. and sometimes the latter is more honest.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
That’s exactly my issue with this take. GDP, stock market, unemployment are all really good. But other indicators continue to really lag, including wage growth and low and middle class wealth. The economy is rocking for the rich firvsure, and for some businesses but not for most Americans. Makes it weird to see it be the big headline. All analysis suggests the tax cut did nothing but accelerate the biggest stock buyback in years to inflate share prices.
Wage growth is stagnant because the labor pool is not learning skills. They spend more time in school than ever, yet emerge with no useful skills.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: It is easier to list all the reasons a person can't. Millions of kids, fresh out of high school, move across the country to live all the time.
no, it's in fact just as easy to tell someone that they just need to find something more successful, as it is to list reasons why it won't work. and sometimes the latter is more honest.
You moved from Florida to Colorado. Were you teleported there?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
You moved from Florida to Colorado. Were you teleported there?
if i had to foot the bill, myself. i'd still be in florida. my situation is not d's situation.

should i trust d to tell us what he is capable of with his situation, or trust you to tell us what he is capable of?