Crime, Poverty, and the Footopia

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Crime, Poverty, and the Footopia

Post by zombie »

so by black community, you mean poor people who feel disenfranchised.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

could we try to actually have a conversation?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:so by black community, you mean poor people who feel disenfranchised.
It is "acting white" not "acting wealthy".

Acting wealthy in that community is getting gold teeth, big rims, a pure bred pit bull, and meeting two in the champagne room.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:so by black community, you mean poor people who feel disenfranchised.
It is "acting white" not "acting wealthy".

Acting wealthy in that community is getting gold teeth, big rims, a pure bred pit bull, and meeting two in the champagne room.
okay.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:so there's your punchline, seb.
Attachments
IMG_4206.GIF
IMG_4206.GIF (456.17 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:One would think the liberals who are do in touch with the black community might know what "acting white" is.

If you "act white", you are valuing education. Doing so removes you from many social circles. Other activities than can be considered as "acting white":

- preparing for college
- respecting police
- speaking with proper dialect
- reporting crimes
- dressing appropriately for work/school
- abstaining from drugs
- committed marriage before children
Growing up, it was always uncool to be the smart white kid. I remember one instance in particular in 7th grade. Every student was issued a gradebook binder or some shit. There was a page in the back of it that you had to turn in to all your teachers on the last day of the semester. There would be a slot for every class you had and every teacher for all 7 classes would write down your progress. On my 7th and final class, she picked this mexican kid out of the class and had us all hand them to him so he could give them to her, and he was opening them all and reading the progress of each student and was like "Hell yayah, mah boi Fernando wit 4 Fs dawg" or some shit. Don't know why that always stuck with me, but it did. lol

He is probably a world class pot smoker, nowadays.

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I will always laugh my ass off at a good racist meme. Even if it's a white people meme.

HoW dO tHeY kNoW i DaNcE lIkE tHiS?!?!

zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
Foo wrote:One would think the liberals who are do in touch with the black community might know what "acting white" is.

If you "act white", you are valuing education. Doing so removes you from many social circles. Other activities than can be considered as "acting white":

- preparing for college
- respecting police
- reporting crimes
- abstaining from drugs
Growing up, it was always uncool to be the smart white kid. I remember one instance in particular in 7th grade. Every student was issued a gradebook binder or some shit. There was a page in the back of it that you had to turn in to all your teachers on the last day of the semester. There would be a slot for every class you had and every teacher for all 7 classes would write down your progress. On my 7th and final class, she picked this mexican kid out of the class and had us all hand them to him so he could give them to her, and he was opening them all and reading the progress of each student and was like "Hell yayah, mah boi Fernando wit 4 Fs dawg" or some shit. Don't know why that always stuck with me, but it did. lol

He is probably a world class pot smoker, nowadays.

i think that a lot of people who grow up in a bad situation will begin to see success and those that succeed as the bad guy. it happens, regardless of race or any other factor. it could be "acting white", it could be "the patriarchy", it could be "rich guys are crooks".
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:i think that a lot of people who grow up in a bad situation will begin to see success and those that succeed as the bad guy. it happens, regardless of race or any other factor. it could be "acting white", it could be "the patriarchy", it could be "rich guys are crooks".
Pff. That dude I mentioned was a complete and total douchebag who put himself and his other retard friends above smart people and flat out hated white kids. lol.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Picture an old coal mining town in Ohio/Pennsylvania back when the industry was thriving, the future "mine kids" who were white definitely treated the smarter, more economically privileged, future college attending kids with a level of contempt and disrespect. It's the exact same thing. Zombie is exactly right, whiteness in that context means success and it can mean different things to different people. It's a defense mechanism to cope with things you really wish you could achieve.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Motherfucker, you've never even been to a coal mine.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:i think that a lot of people who grow up in a bad situation will begin to see success and those that succeed as the bad guy. it happens, regardless of race or any other factor. it could be "acting white", it could be "the patriarchy", it could be "rich guys are crooks".
Pff. That dude I mentioned was a complete and total douchebag who put himself and his other retard friends above smart people and flat out hated white kids. lol.
this doesn't change what i said at all. seeing success as the badguy isn't limited by skin color. it's not a black or hispanic thing. they are just where you've had experience with it, in our current culture.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
this doesn't change what i said at all. seeing success as the badguy isn't limited by skin color.
Stop defending that retard. He knows he was the bad kid in school and didn't give a shit. His utter lack of desire to learn was the problem. All about fun, gave no fuck about school or learning.

"Those who succeed are the bad guys!"

Come on, zomb. srsly?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:
this doesn't change what i said at all. seeing success as the badguy isn't limited by skin color.
Stop defending that retard. He knows he was the bad kid in school and didn't give a shit. His utter lack of desire to learn was the problem. All about fun, gave no fuck about school or learning.

"Those who succeed are the bad guys!"

Come on, zomb. srsly?
are you inferring that that is my opinion? way to totally misread what i was saying. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Why even bring that bizarre ass argument to the table? :p
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

because you and foo wanted to make it out that this is somehow specific to certain race(s), and i was showing otherwise.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I was just telling a gawdamn story. jeezuz
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

oh, my mistake.

Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:Motherfucker, you've never even been to a coal mine.
True dat, and lucky me.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

- preparing for college
- respecting police
- reporting crimes
- abstaining from drugs
At that point I guess I'd suggest that I would like everyone of all races to "act white" . . .