October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Post by Reign in Blood »

As horror fiends, we know all about quarantines, social distancing, wearing masks. There's also lots of fun in there too, hopefully we find some gems.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Would be funny if someone's list contained nothing but quarantine related movies.
:P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Ava wrote:Would be funny if someone's list contained nothing but quarantine related movies.
:P
Well, that would be a ... challenge :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Lol. That would be a hell of a thing. Think I’ll struggle enough with the normal requirements.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Might start off with The Toolbox Murders (1978). Haven't seen it in many years, so I'll be happy to finally see it again.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Pretty sure I'm starting with The Blob remake. A theater in the next town over is showing the original F13th on Sunday. I'm not missing that.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Might watch some of the Creepshow series tonight to fix my itch. I watched the first episode, but was drunk and dont remember much. I think I liked it. Lol
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Beside Ogroff, the plan that I have in mind is to clear out and make as much room as possible, so that means i'm going pile by pile and watching everything that is Horror related. The only exceptions will be indie films that I want to save and do spotlight episodes on for future radio shows.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I think I'm aiming for 75 movies this month. About 21 less movies than last year, but if I can get 75 movies, plus a review written for each on, done, I'll be what some people in the New England area refer to as Mike Johnson.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Looks like Chucky (Fight Evil) got a digital screener of some new movie called Camp Twilight, so I'll be watching that during the first week of October, so hopefully that's fun.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

C'mon midnight.........

I have to get up early tomorrow because I have two job interviews. But who needs sleep? I want to at least get one in before bed.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i feel like becky would have been a better watch if i hadn't seen the same kind of film (with a slight variation) before, again and again.. even recently. but it was good enough. and nice call back to just such an earlier film too.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Starting off with The Toolbox Murders (1978). Haven't seen this one in years, so hoping for a good time.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

verotika could have been sleazy fun, but the actors all felt like they were going through the motions, that they didn't really wanna be there. oh well. onto two recent favorites in don't breathe and ready or not. levy vs. weaving! :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

About to start up From Hell It Came (1957).

"A wrongfully accused South Seas prince is executed, and returns as a walking tree stump." - Sounds like a winning plot. :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

We are underway with Monster Party (2018)
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Starting off with The Bray Road Beast (2018), just cause it was the first new watch I came upon on my Watch List that I figured Alli wouldn't be upset I watched without her :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

So I guess this is a fake documentary, but since it's not comedic it's not a mockumentary?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Finished From Hell It Came. Ended up being moderately enjoyable, though still below average.

Could probably get another movie in today, but I'm pacing myself. I have a vacation from the 7th through the 14th, so I'll probably watch a lot then. Until the 7th, I'll likely take it slower.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:We are underway with Monster Party (2018)
Of course Erin Moriarty was fine as wine but nothing much else to write home about