Administrator

Re: 8-1-17

Post by Jason »

Must I explain? :p
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:think i'm gonna work backward through the bond movies i have, starting with skyfall.
Do it while HMFing and listening to music!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:think i'm gonna work backward through the bond movies i have, starting with skyfall.
Do it while HMFing and listening to music!
i can listen to bond themes from other movies, while i watch. and yeah hmf seems like a must.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

These past two weeks have been terrible. First week I was talking to PVA people, Sheriff, County Attorneys and in and out of lawyer's offices and police stations over somebody moving a trailer onto some property that my family owns. Lawyer sent him a letter on the 24th and has 15 days to leave. If he doesn't we'll be going to court and I don't want to deal with that shit again. I do think he should pay for the property damage which he caused, but I doubt anything will come from it.

Then this past Thursday my Mother started to get ill and something was going on with her leg where she was unable to walk. She rested Friday and Saturday, then we went to an Urgent Care facility Sunday where they performed an x-ray. Told us to go to the ER for an ultrasound, went there and waited 2-3 hours in the waiting room. We finally got a ER Bed and in the span of 6 or 7 hours at the hospital they performed an ultrasound and then a Cat scan. They thought she had some kind of infection, her leg/bones wasn't getting enough blood flow and oxygen and they wanted her to stay. They also kind of hinted that it would lead to her losing her leg. That caused my Mother to panic and we finally left the Hospital at like 1-2am.

Monday we went to her hip replacement doctor, since they know more about her body and it's an orthopedics clinic. Went there at 2:30 and didn't get out until like 5pm, they looked over all the lab results from the ER and proceeded to drain 70cc of fluid out of her knee and scheduled another appointment and a MRI. No date on the MRI when we were there, but it was yesterday morning (Tuesday) went there, waited, MRI was completed and we took the disc they gave us back to the Orthopedics office and this morning we finally learned what is going on with her knee/leg. . . . Very early stages of Gout.

I finally managed to get more than 4 hours sleep today and i'm hoping things will straighten themselves out eventually. I still feel half crazy from all this, but just wanted to drop in and say hello.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

AC Unit is finally swapped out! Gonna take a while for this new one to cool the place down, but already so much better.

LG never showed up to fix the bad one, so my complex just swapped it out for a different new one.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Havok wrote:These past two weeks have been terrible. First week I was talking to PVA people, Sheriff, County Attorneys and in and out of lawyer's offices and police stations over somebody moving a trailer onto some property that my family owns. Lawyer sent him a letter on the 24th and has 15 days to leave. If he doesn't we'll be going to court and I don't want to deal with that shit again. I do think he should pay for the property damage which he caused, but I doubt anything will come from it.

Then this past Thursday my Mother started to get ill and something was going on with her leg where she was unable to walk. She rested Friday and Saturday, then we went to an Urgent Care facility Sunday where they performed an x-ray. Told us to go to the ER for an ultrasound, went there and waited 2-3 hours in the waiting room. We finally got a ER Bed and in the span of 6 or 7 hours at the hospital they performed an ultrasound and then a Cat scan. They thought she had some kind of infection, her leg/bones wasn't getting enough blood flow and oxygen and they wanted her to stay. They also kind of hinted that it would lead to her losing her leg. That caused my Mother to panic and we finally left the Hospital at like 1-2am.

Monday we went to her hip replacement doctor, since they know more about her body and it's an orthopedics clinic. Went there at 2:30 and didn't get out until like 5pm, they looked over all the lab results from the ER and proceeded to drain 70cc of fluid out of her knee and scheduled another appointment and a MRI. No date on the MRI when we were there, but it was yesterday morning (Tuesday) went there, waited, MRI was completed and we took the disc they gave us back to the Orthopedics office and this morning we finally learned what is going on with her knee/leg. . . . Very early stages of Gout.

I finally managed to get more than 4 hours sleep today and i'm hoping things will straighten themselves out eventually. I still feel half crazy from all this, but just wanted to drop in and say hello.
Havok, good to see you, my man! Sorry about all the crap. Hope your Mom gets better and the world starts treating you right.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Havok wrote:These past two weeks have been terrible. First week I was talking to PVA people, Sheriff, County Attorneys and in and out of lawyer's offices and police stations over somebody moving a trailer onto some property that my family owns. Lawyer sent him a letter on the 24th and has 15 days to leave. If he doesn't we'll be going to court and I don't want to deal with that shit again. I do think he should pay for the property damage which he caused, but I doubt anything will come from it.

damn. take care of yourself, havok. i hope your mother gets better. hope things start going better for the both of you.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Holy fuck, I just now read that (sorry, I was in a haze of relief earlier). I hope everything works out for you and your mom.

Side note, I just found out today that my uncle Mark (the skeezy one I probably mentioned) has Pancreatic Cancer and has had it for a year, and there is nothing that can be done other than hospice.

I also applied and got approved for Care Credit for some dental work. Did not go for the maximum that I need, but just enough to handle the last two root canals at my old dentist's price (I checked to be sure), so I can have them out of the way. As soon as the card comes in, I'll set up an appointment to do the job.