Last Horror movie you watched

Anything that doesn't fit into the above categories.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Last Horror movie you watched

Post by Reign in Blood »

For me, there was always going to be a peak and that's the way it is. When I was a wee lad, the great times of going to the video store on Saturday to pick out the Fright Fest for the night, gawking over the cool covers, reading the blurbs on the back etc. awesome times and memories. Fast forward to ten-ish years ago with HMF, IMDb and the internet as a whole was thriving. While I watched and was exposed to a shit ton prior, nothing could compare with that. I was hearing about all kinds of shit left, right and center. Nothing could compare to my consumption from like 2003-2007-ish. From the boom of knowledge to the ease at your fingertips of access of Netflix and internet downloads, easily a couple thousand horror flicks consumed. Also take in mind I was also on a quest to watch the most fucked up movies ever made. I still have great passion for the genre, it'll always be my favorite. Difference to flash-forward to now:

1.) Time. I ain't got it. Back in the peak of 2004 I would watch 2-3 horror movies at night and go to bed at 4 in the morning, now I wake up at that time.

2.) My quest for the most fucked up movies ever made soured with age. Hint: Most that get that title are complete shit.

3.) I feel my lifelong exploration of a lot of these flicks is solid. Very few modern horror flicks make me want to devote the time sink I once did. If there are "diamonds in the rough", I trust to hear about them here.

All that said, the new IT has got me pumped that it will be the first time I have entered a theater on my own full excitement since RZ's H2.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i'm still finding a lot of movies that peak my interest. just watching less frequently than i did a couple of years back.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I watch horror movies throughout the week. But, I will admit that I haven't been impressed that much by horror movies the past couple of years. The 2000s was a great decade for horror.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

yeah, the 2000s definitely had a lot to offer. but even still there have been some standouts in the 2010s too.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Can't tell you how many times I've looked at the horror movies on my shelves and said, "Save it for October." kind of pisses me off even though no one's forcing me to wait. HMF has ruined me! ;)
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I think horror turned into something I didn't really need it to be about 6 years ago or so. And so I just watched the odd film and then topped it up with classics.

I also think that with many films watched, the "formula" for horror got a bit old. It felt like I knew what would happen before it did. For action and comedy that's not a problem. It's still a thrill ride. But for horror that shakes off half of the enjoyment of it. .