Administrator

Re: September 8th 2017

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
I always liked the style behind Tonight the Stars Revolt! - sort of a shame the band's first album was also by far their biggest selling, but it happens.

I spent $20 total on 11 CD's, which was nice. It was the shipping that killed me, alas, on a sidenote.
what were the other 9?
Ten, technically. System of a Down doesn't count, as I didn't buy it. :D

1. Harper Valley PTA - Jeannie C. Riley *some classic country*
2. Christmas Eve and Other Stories - Trans-Siberian Orchestra *TSO's first album, and a favorite of mine, despite not caring much for Christmas music*
3. The Funeral Sciences - Schoolyard Heroes *Schoolyard Heroes' debut album - great female-fronted horror-movie themed punk from Seattle*
4. The '59 Sound - The Gaslight Anthem *Their second album, perhaps my favorite by the Gaslight Anthem. Title track gets me every time*
5. Deja Entendu - Brand New *While not my favorite band, I rather enjoy more than a few song's from this album, Brand New's second*
6. The Same Old Blood Rush with a New Touch - Cute Is What We Aim For *An emo pop punk classic from 2006*
7. Digital Ash in a Digital Urn - Bright Eyes *I love Bright Eyes, and while this more electronic album isn't their best, it still have plenty of great songs*
8. Human the Death Dance - Sage Francis *Great songs throughout, a solid third outing from this rapper*
9. Torch This Place - The Atomic Fireballs *New-age swing - "Man With the Hex" has been a favorite of mine for years, so thought I'd get the CD*
10. Terrible Things - Terrible Things *Basically brought this after hearing a song or two from them. It was cheap, and I thought why not?*
schoolyard heroes is pretty good. not familiar with the rest though.
I'm sure you've heard some of TSO's stuff. Outside of them and PM5 and SOAD, I have heard of none of these.
it's possible that i have heard tso. we'll see.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hd8jLgpaZQ

Perhaps one of TSO's better known songs (and a long-time favorite of mine).
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

everyone does that song. can't be sure it was them that i heard. :P but it's possible. either way, now i have.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:everyone does that song. can't be sure it was them that i heard. :P but it's possible. either way, now i have.
Nobody, and I mean nobody, does it like Trans-Siberian Orchestra, though. 8-)
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Don't know why the Toxicity story is so amusing to me.

"Gudd dem it. I ordered deh powerman 5 towsand CD and I got dis phucking toxicity instead".
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:Don't know why the Toxicity story is so amusing to me.

"Gudd dem it. I ordered deh powerman 5 towsand CD and I got dis phucking toxicity instead".
I don't recall saying it was necessarily amusing. It's just the combination of 1) never gotten a mistaken order before, 2) already have a digital copy of the album anyway and 3) all of the other CDs I ordered from the same seller had zero problems.

If anything, it's just a story of the day in my not so exciting life.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

You didn't say it was amusing. I was amused by it. :p
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:You didn't say it was amusing. I was amused by it. :p
Misread you - my bad.

I can imagine if you picture me with a southern accent like that, it indeed can be more amusing.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

My mocking was "speech impediment" intended, not southern. But whatevs.