Hyper Sensitivity...when thoughts are enough

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Hyper Sensitivity...when thoughts are enough

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:We should acknowledge the role of white men in the slavery of blacks. We should also acknowledge the black role in the slavery of blacks. Furthermore 2M white men fought to free the slaves and 350,000 died in the process.
Slavery still basically existed until WW2. It was never a clean transition.
Sure, I won't deny that. I also won't deny that black people have been treated like shit just because they are black for a long time. I also will not accept that many of the problems in the black community today are not self-inflicted and being exacerbated by the kind of rhetoric liberals are using.

I have like 8 black 2nd cousins. They are probably going to be average or failures. It will not be because of their skin color, it is because they have stupid parents. I am sure someone who does not know them will convince them it is because they are being discriminated against, and not because they are stupid, lazy, and barely know how to behave in public. I will one day have mixed kids, wanna bet they don't have the same "problems"?
Lack of education is another consequence of the cards black Americans have been dealt though. Like, none of these things exist in a vacuum.
And almost everything we accept as being part of "black culture" stands in the way of being successful outside of sports and entertainment.
It's a double-edged sword for sure, but a lot of it is reactive rather than proactive. Things tend to be different when white people are actually cool with living around black people. Think South Side is a little different today if white people didn't flee en masse when black people moved in? Built a nice freeway that cut right through it and took all the tax dollars with them.
Well, it is the people claiming to be looking out for them that are hurting them the most. I would rather a person tell me they are not going to help me than toss me a life preserver made of lead.
How are Republicans helping them?
If they are smart, by telling them it is time to help themselves, not getting elected, and watching the whole thing burn.
You don't think representatives should be held accountable to some degree for the fuck-ups of their predecessors?
Not unless they were involved in it. Like if I was to run for mayor tomorrow, I suppose it would be as a Republican, but I would have nothing to do with the current RINO that runs the town, and thus would have no connection.
But the problems are still there.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:We should acknowledge the role of white men in the slavery of blacks. We should also acknowledge the black role in the slavery of blacks. Furthermore 2M white men fought to free the slaves and 350,000 died in the process.
Sure, I won't deny that. I also won't deny that black people have been treated like shit just because they are black for a long time. I also will not accept that many of the problems in the black community today are not self-inflicted and being exacerbated by the kind of rhetoric liberals are using.

I have like 8 black 2nd cousins. They are probably going to be average or failures. It will not be because of their skin color, it is because they have stupid parents. I am sure someone who does not know them will convince them it is because they are being discriminated against, and not because they are stupid, lazy, and barely know how to behave in public. I will one day have mixed kids, wanna bet they don't have the same "problems"?
Lack of education is another consequence of the cards black Americans have been dealt though. Like, none of these things exist in a vacuum.
And almost everything we accept as being part of "black culture" stands in the way of being successful outside of sports and entertainment.
It's a double-edged sword for sure, but a lot of it is reactive rather than proactive. Things tend to be different when white people are actually cool with living around black people. Think South Side is a little different today if white people didn't flee en masse when black people moved in? Built a nice freeway that cut right through it and took all the tax dollars with them.
Well, it is the people claiming to be looking out for them that are hurting them the most. I would rather a person tell me they are not going to help me than toss me a life preserver made of lead.
If they are smart, by telling them it is time to help themselves, not getting elected, and watching the whole thing burn.
You don't think representatives should be held accountable to some degree for the fuck-ups of their predecessors?
Not unless they were involved in it. Like if I was to run for mayor tomorrow, I suppose it would be as a Republican, but I would have nothing to do with the current RINO that runs the town, and thus would have no connection.
Sure, but until those people get some personal responsibility, no systematic changes are going to help them. There is a fire there, I don't think throwing money at it is going to put it out, and in one form or another, that is always the solution.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Sure, but until those people get some personal responsibility, no systematic changes are going to help them. There is a fire there, I don't think throwing money at it is going to put it out, and in one form or another, that is always the solution.
responsibility for what was inherited falls to african americans, but not to political representatives as well?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

responsibility for what was inherited falls to african americans, but not to political representatives as well?
They vote and get the representation they deserve. Keep voting in people who make impossible promises to make their lives better. More social services, more handouts. How is that working out in those cities?

They run all the money out of town with taxes. So they end up sitting there with no jobs, no money, and no hope. Who wants to start a business in a city where they want to control everything and then tax your money away? If you have something that is valuable outside of that city, you leave. Money leaves faster than it is brought in.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:No one is gonna cry for her because she's still getting all that money, but it was no reason to fire her.
Aside from the whole race insensitivity thing.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Anything to distract from real issues :roll:
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote: responsibility for what was inherited falls to african americans, but not to political representatives as well?
They vote and get the representation they deserve. Keep voting in people who make impossible promises to make their lives better. More social services, more handouts. How is that working out in those cities?

They run all the money out of town with taxes. So they end up sitting there with no jobs, no money, and no hope. Who wants to start a business in a city where they want to control everything and then tax your money away? If you have something that is valuable outside of that city, you leave. Money leaves faster than it is brought in.
representatives should also be held accountable for the false promises they make, and the lies that they campaign on.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote: responsibility for what was inherited falls to african americans, but not to political representatives as well?

representatives should also be held accountable for the false promises they make, and the lies that they campaign on.
They are. The next election. Let's say you make something your platform and get elected. Then the city council never approves any of your agenda. Did you lie? What if you had a plan to improve parks, and then a hurricane hits and takes away your budget? What if you simply get more information that you were not privy to as candidate?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

They are. The next election. Let's say you make something your platform and get elected. Then the city council never approves any of your agenda. Did you lie? What if you had a plan to improve parks, and then a hurricane hits and takes away your budget? What if you simply get more information that you were not privy to as candidate?
there are always going to be things beyond your control. do you think that's not true of communities too?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

there are always going to be things beyond your control. do you think that's not true of communities too?
You said the elected should face consequences. I said they already do. I would hop you see the difference between personal initiative and ability to install policy by one person in a three branch government.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

You said the elected should face consequences. I said they already do. I would hop you see the difference between personal initiative and ability to install policy by one person in a three branch government.
i think that an elected representative has some responsibility to give aid as well, even if it's inherited. maybe you don't. that's fair. obviously personal responsibility should be the biggest part of the puzzle. if they can help themselves out of a situation, they should.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

so maybe tropic thunder could be made today? :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:so maybe tropic thunder could be made today? :P
Nope. https://sports.yahoo.com/shaun-white-cr ... 23718.html
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

If some fuckstick decides to dress as Les Grossman for Halloween, me and my fellow assholes are a protected class and we will not stand for such mocking. All have officially been put on blast, do not fuck around.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:so maybe tropic thunder could be made today? :P
Nope. https://sports.yahoo.com/shaun-white-cr ... 23718.html
"it's also any artist's right to say or do whatever they wanna do." check! :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Take RDJ in blackface, Tom Cruise in a fat suit, and Ben Stiller as a retard out of that movie and you aren't left with much.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:Take RDJ in blackface, Tom Cruise in a fat suit, and Ben Stiller as a retard out of that movie and you aren't left with much.
first comedy is always pushing buttons. second: doctor strange featured yellowface and male face(?) just a couple of years ago, was massively successful, and not a lot of complaints over it. so, let's see where it goes.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:Take RDJ in blackface, Tom Cruise in a fat suit, and Ben Stiller as a retard out of that movie and you aren't left with much.
first comedy is always pushing buttons. second: doctor strange featured yellowface and male face(?) just a couple of years ago, was massively successful, and not a lot of complaints over it. so, let's see where it goes.
Have not seen DR. Strange, but it appears to be always ok to replace a woman with a man among the PC crowd.