Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:For one, the purchasing of a luxury item, is not a good comparison at all. People get loans for college because they can't afford it. There are jobs that require degrees. Jesus, think about it. The people in power tell us "we will help you get a degree" then hikes up the % rate. It's criminal. Poor folk like me dont have as many options as the rich do. Democracy? More like Plutocracy. Without us, they dont exist.
And then only pay minimal struggling wages.
Yup. It's disgusting. The middle class is disappearing at a really fast rate. I make a pretty goddamn good wage. And my wife makes way more than I do. But I still have days that I worry about paying bills. We are the very definition of middle class.

The right always says "buht ya can just go to trade skool!". Not everyone can be a fucking carpenter or welder. We also need things like veterinarians, vet techs and a million other jobs that require training. These people are huge contributors to society for fucks sake.

The Dems have done a shitty job too,
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

This is embarrassing.

Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Trump faces his first crisis not of his making and fails in every conceivable measure.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Well, with Michigan in tow, Bernie's done and Biden will be the nominee.

Are the Democrats really not concerned about Biden's very clear cognitive decline? He sounds worse every day I listen to him. What's the plan if he has to step down? Hillary?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Headhunter wrote:Well, with Michigan in tow, Bernie's done and Biden will be the nominee.

Are the Democrats really not concerned about Biden's very clear cognitive decline? He sounds worse every day I listen to him. What's the plan if he has to step down? Hillary?
*shudders*
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Well, with Michigan in tow, Bernie's done and Biden will be the nominee.

*shudders*
Same. But I wouldn't be surprised if that is something they give real thought to. The Democrats don't seem to be capable of introspection. You'd think losing as much as they do, they'd question their own judgment from time to time. Four years of planning to get Trump out of office and this was the best they could do? Blows my mind.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

If voters care about cognitive decline they’d veer the hell away from Trump surely.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:If voters care about cognitive decline they’d veer the hell away from Trump surely.
Sounds good to me. Dems just need to nominate someone who isn’t and they’ll be in great sh...

Ah fuck.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:If voters care about cognitive decline they’d veer the hell away from Trump surely.
Sounds good to me. Dems just need to nominate someone who isn’t and they’ll be in great sh...

Ah fuck.
Biden is a bit gaffe prone but he generally appears to hold up. But even if he was unfit I’d vote for him to get rid of Trump. Anything to end this 4-year hell’s cape you guys created.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Ah fuck.
Biden is a bit gaffe prone but he generally appears to hold up. But even if he was unfit I’d vote for him to get rid of Trump. Anything to end this 4-year hell’s cape you guys created.
Yeah as long as he doesn't need to speak for more than 3 minutes at any given time he should be fine.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

And yet again the young Bernie fans cant get off their asses to vote. Screaming and crying about shit is way more fun than voting for what they believe in. If they couldn't get out in numbers to vote for Bernie I'm supposed to believe they will for Joe.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

So Biden's gaffes make him look old and not able to run a country. But Trumps gaffes are "it's just the way he talks!!!". Lmfao. I feel like I'm in a bad Twilight Zone episode. I know I know, this is from Huff Post, but it's not fake words- https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost ... 37bf04/amp

Kind of like how Joe is creepy because he gives shoulder rubs and sniffs hair. But Trump says when you're rich, they let you grab them by the pussy. You can get away with it. Jesus.....these are the best two candidates we can get? America has done went full retard. Ugh.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

This defense of Biden's OBVIOUS failing mental acuity is stunning. Trump is a douchebag but no he is not in the beginning stages of senility. Joe Biden would not make it through a presidential term and I'm not saying he wont win he might because Trump is such a douchebag
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Ah fuck.
Biden is not merely a bit gaffe prone. His mind has significantly deteriorated. He is not fit to hold any job at this stage, let alone president.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Ah fuck.
Yeah as long as he doesn't need to speak for more than 3 minutes at any given time he should be fine.
*10 seconds
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It’s elder abuse at this stage. Biden’s family and the entire Democratic Party are awful people for letting this happen.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:This defense of Biden's OBVIOUS failing mental acuity is stunning. Trump is a douchebag but no he is not in the beginning stages of senility. Joe Biden would not make it through a presidential term and I'm not saying he wont win he might because Trump is such a douchebag
Trump doesn’t know how to speak coherently at this stage. His mind is failing him too. But Biden is almost gone already.

It would be great if people could look at BOTH guys and call a spade a spade, but we live in a time of complete partisanship. Neither is mentally fit to hold any position of leadership.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:And yet again the young Bernie fans cant get off their asses to vote. Screaming and crying about shit is way more fun than voting for what they believe in. If they couldn't get out in numbers to vote for Bernie I'm supposed to believe they will for Joe.
This is kind of a lazy take. Young people largely did vote for him, Bernie not expanding his voting base to other key demographics hurt him. Also can’t ignore the entire apparatus of the Democratic Party consolidating to take him out. It does seem that a lot of people who specifically disliked Hillary were fine with voting for Biden.

This is all a deeply flawed process because later primaries are completely beholden to the results of earlier ones. Most people aren’t voting for their favorite candidate, it becomes defensive voting.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:This defense of Biden's OBVIOUS failing mental acuity is stunning. Trump is a douchebag but no he is not in the beginning stages of senility. Joe Biden would not make it through a presidential term and I'm not saying he wont win he might because Trump is such a douchebag
I never defended Biden. Was just saying that Trump is incoherent at times too. Lol. I think Biden is a horrible candidate.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Democrats know Biden is not well. They laugh about it amongst themselves. They don't care. Ends justify the means, they'll say. This is wrong.