NFL Offseason, 2017

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: NFL Offseason, 2017

Post by Headhunter »

Elway is such a horrible QB evaluator. No surprise given he is so willing to allow the "good old boys" network to influence his thinking. First he drafts Brock because his loser son was roommates with him, then pick him up again to save face for your ego after he already flamed out, and also throw away a draft pick to pick up some punk because you wanted to do a favor for your buddy Jim.

Our offensive evaluators/scouts need to be completely overhauled and Elway needs to stop boozing all the fucking time.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

That motherfucker Elway better not show his face on HMF or I'm gonna start swinging
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

What? Headward, you're drunk.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

No the front office is. They cut TJ in the morning so they could hit the bars before noon and send Brock some afternoon drunk texts.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

*Elway trying to talk dirty to Brock*: remember when I tried to pay you 16 mil a year? ;)
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

700k is all, you dirty bitch!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Kyle Sloter showed more in four games against scrubs than that big gangly awkward fuck has shown in five years.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

T.J. getting cut was the only actual bad thing that happened, imo. Bork back at 700k is hilarious. And he is likely to get cut when Lynch is healthy. We are plagued with QB injuries. This wasn't a bad move. Should've traded for Stafford before he sold his soul to the slime that is Detoilet.

There is also heavy speculation that T.J. will be brought back in the coming days at a cheaper price. But judging by the frustration of a couple of guys on the team with T.J. being cut, I don't see that being the case.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

No T.J.'s not coming back under any circumstances. They wanted to replace him altogether and he has several offers already.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Don't know who made offers, but I could easily see him going to Pittsburgh.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

And if they even floated the idea to him he should tell them to go fuck themselves. Was a totally classless process.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:Don't know who made offers, but I could easily see him going to Pittsburgh.
I'd bet on either the Steelers or Rams.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:And if they even floated the idea to him he should tell them to go fuck themselves. Was a totally classless process.
You never know what was discussed. They could've talked to him about it and he agreed to get cut to come back for a pay cut because he wants to play here. I just think they're pursuing the route of younger safeties. Still though, Ward had tremendous intensity and leadership, which makes up for losing a step, in my opinion. I would've kept him.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The Osweiler situation is amazing to think about, though. In 2016 Brock ditched Denver for like 18 million a year or some shit. Never did I ever believe he'd be coming back to Denver a year later for 700k. lol.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:And if they even floated the idea to him he should tell them to go fuck themselves. Was a totally classless process.
You never know what was discussed. They could've talked to him about it and he agreed to get cut to come back for a pay cut because he wants to play here. I just think they're pursuing the route of younger safeties. Still though, Ward had tremendous intensity and leadership, which makes up for losing a step, in my opinion. I would've kept him.
I know what you outlined was not discussed. They were done with him, had nothing to do with his already small cap hit.

Really great work to cut a team captain a week before the season, reducing his chances of landing a decent contract and leaving him no chance to get familiar with his new team before the season. Just a slap in the face by Elway to every player in that locker room.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

TJ has more pride than to get on his hands and knees to accept an undeserved bullshit pay cut anyway.

No fan should ever bitch about players leaving their team for the money. TJ did everything right. Loyalty doesn't exist, just get your money and worry about nothing else.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:No fan should ever bitch about players leaving their team for the money.
Bork
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:No fan should ever bitch about players leaving their team for the money.
Bork
It was pretty weird when fans got mad a mediocre QB cashed out on another team. Fans were mad at Malik too, which was even more absurd.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Sloter showed more potential here than I've seen from Brock or Paxton.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XoIDOYqneXc
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Not NFL, but UCLA was down 44-10 in the third quarter to Texas A&M and came back to win 45-44. Never seen a more impressive comevack in my life.