Hyper Sensitivity...when thoughts are enough

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Hyper Sensitivity...when thoughts are enough

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:Take RDJ in blackface, Tom Cruise in a fat suit, and Ben Stiller as a retard out of that movie and you aren't left with much.
first comedy is always pushing buttons. second: doctor strange featured yellowface and male face(?) just a couple of years ago, was massively successful, and not a lot of complaints over it. so, let's see where it goes.
Have not seen DR. Strange, but it appears to be always ok to replace a woman with a man among the PC crowd.
replace a woman with a man seems to be more akin to conservative values. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:Take RDJ in blackface, Tom Cruise in a fat suit, and Ben Stiller as a retard out of that movie and you aren't left with much.
first comedy is always pushing buttons. second: doctor strange featured yellowface and male face(?) just a couple of years ago, was massively successful, and not a lot of complaints over it. so, let's see where it goes.
Have not seen DR. Strange, but it appears to be always ok to replace a woman with a man among the PC crowd.
You mean the other way around, I presume? I haven't seen Doctor Strange I just know they replaced a male character with Tilda Swinton.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Name one beloved female character booted for a male.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Males didn't take Charlie's Angels and rape it like Ghostbusters, you liberal pieces of dung!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
can't think of a replacement from another source. but a lot of times guys play women characters, or guys in drag. and i wasn't being serious before. but you asked, so there you go. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:Males didn't take Charlie's Angels and rape it like Ghostbusters, you liberal pieces of dung!
unless those girls were playing stantz or venkman that doesn't count, really. and i heard the movie sucked, but not because women were cast in the roles.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
can't think of a replacement from another source. but a lot of times guys play women characters, or guys in drag. and i wasn't being serious before. but you asked, so there you go. :P
Now you hatin' on drag queens and trannies?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Males didn't take Charlie's Angels and rape it like Ghostbusters, you liberal pieces of dung!
unless those girls were playing stantz or venkman that doesn't count, really. and i heard the movie sucked, but not because women were cast in the roles.
Agreed. Saw the remake, was never huge on the OG either, it didn't suck because of the women, it sucked on it's own.

Still, I want you to show me where they took some iconic, beloved role of a woman and recast it male like they've raped plenty of male roles. I Dream of Jeannie ain't I Dream of Johnny last I checked.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Now you hatin' on drag queens and trannies?
nowhere did i make hate. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Agreed. Saw the remake, was never huge on the OG either, it didn't suck because of the women, it sucked on it's own.

Still, I want you to show me where they took some iconic, beloved role of a woman and recast it male like they've raped plenty of male roles. I Dream of Jeannie ain't I Dream of Johnny last I checked.
you don't like the original ghostbusters? boooo! :P

the ancient one is not a beloved character, is it? also wasn't there a splash remake where they reversed the roles? does that count? :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:

the ancient one is not a beloved character, is it? also wasn't there a splash remake where they reversed the roles? does that count? :P
It's alright.

No. They also reversed the roles in the Overboard remake and I could only make it like 20 minutes into it because it was the suck. None of which we are talking here I would call iconic or beloved, but I do love the original Overboard.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

They reversed the roles in Overboard recently. Bombed hard.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:

It's alright.

No. They also reversed the roles in the Overboard remake and I could only make it like 20 minutes into it because it was the suck. None of which we are talking here I would call iconic or beloved, but I do love the original Overboard.
At least you tried it :P

I haven't given the new Ghostbusters a shot yet. I was game for female Ghostbusters, but an all female crew was pretty far fetched. You barely have 2 women on ghost-catching shows, and usually one's "psychic" so it's clearly a male dominated interest.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Ghostbusters falls into Ferris Bueller with me for 80's flicks, never got the huge appeal.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Not even as a kid? They sold so many toys.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:Ghostbusters falls into Ferris Bueller with me for 80's flicks, never got the huge appeal.
something we can agree on.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:Not even as a kid? They sold so many toys.
Talking Ghostbusters, I assume. Nope, watched it once, thought it was okay, never bought/asked for the VHS as a kid, let alone toys. Slimer, H.R Puff N' Stuff whatever the fuck, I was already "where is my Saw is Family" chainsaw by then, I guess.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Talking Ghostbusters, I assume. Nope, watched it once, thought it was okay, never bought/asked for the VHS as a kid, let alone toys. Slimer, H.R Puff N' Stuff whatever the fuck, I was already "where is my Saw is Family" chainsaw by then, I guess.
puff n' stuff is something else entirely, :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
puff n' stuff is something else entirely, :P
Marshmellow Giant, whatever the fuck!