CNN Producer Admits Trump-Russia Collusion is Staged

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: CNN Producer Admits Trump-Russia Collusion is Staged

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Other than getting hung up on calling Russia an "enemy state", which doesn't even matter in any way, Jason has no argument and he knows it. He's just wired to defend Trump at all costs but now he's stuck with this blatant case of attempted collusion so you can't expect any more rational responses from him on the subject for a long time. A rational response would mean eating crow, and he won't.
I don't even know what's going on. I've completely avoided politics for like two weeks. But the "rational response would mean eating crow" is pretty horse shit. Nobody has ever eaten crow in the political boards. Ever.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:foreign governments should not be involved (or sought out to get involved) with our elections.
The world has only been doing things like this for the last 100 years. I'm glad you care, all of a sudden.
Here's an "everyone does it" argument. A classic deflection that almost always signals "Okay it happened, but it didn't matter". In what other sense could this be relevant? It couldn't. Amazing. :lol:
That was an "Oh, how convenient that you decide to care now, because someone you didn't like won an election".

Where was the outrage when JFK beat Nixon? WHERE WAS THE OUTRAGE THEN? You losers.
you're asking me where my outrage was in the 1960s? :P

i don't want trump to be kicked out of office. that's undemocratic as he already won. i just want a better voting process in the future. foreign governments should not have influence over our election. investigation into that is not a bad thing.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Other than getting hung up on calling Russia an "enemy state", which doesn't even matter in any way, Jason has no argument and he knows it. He's just wired to defend Trump at all costs but now he's stuck with this blatant case of attempted collusion so you can't expect any more rational responses from him on the subject for a long time. A rational response would mean eating crow, and he won't.
I don't even know what's going on. I've completely avoided politics for like two weeks. But the "rational response would mean eating crow" is pretty horse shit. Nobody has ever eaten crow in the political boards. Ever.
i've admitted when i get things wrong. i've apologized when i upset people.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

What is the issue I'm missing here? I'm supposed to be eating crow at an undeniable rate.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:What is the issue I'm missing here? I'm supposed to be eating crow at an undeniable rate.
that's between you and head. you said that no one eats crow on the board. ever. i was letting you know that i have. that's all.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Trump JR situation, abridged by Foo:

Lawyer who happens to be Russian: Trump Jr., I have Hillary dirt from Russian government!

Trump Jr.: Sweet!

*meeting*

Lawyer who happens to be Russian: I don't have any info or work for the Russian government, let's talk about adoptions!

Trump Jr,: Nah
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I thought everyone was saying Trump Jr. met with someone from the Russian government...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:Trump JR situation, abridged by Foo:

Lawyer who happens to be Russian: Trump Jr., I have Hillary dirt from Russian government!

*meeting*

Lawyer who happens to be Russian: I don't have any info or work for the Russian government, let's talk about adoptions!

if you thought you were getting crack cocaine from a dealer, but then it turns out she's not a dealer. does that mean you did not intend to buy the drugs?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:I thought everyone was saying Trump Jr. met with some from the Russian government...
It is the same old bullshit. Making mountains out of nothing.

"Hey, I have some information about your opponent that you really should know. Proves she is either lying or a criminal."

"OK, I will listen."

Then nothing came of it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:

*meeting*

if you thought you were getting crack cocaine from a dealer, but then it turns out she's not a dealer. does that mean you did not intend to buy the drugs?
Information about a political opponent is not buying crack. There is nothing illegal about receiving information as part of a campaign team.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

*meeting*

Information about a political opponent is not buying crack. There is nothing illegal about receiving information as part of a campaign team.
approaching supposed members of foreign governments for dirt on a political opponent in your own country's election seems like it should be illegal, if it's not.

is it illegal to sit on said information, knowing that it is happening?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

"I have a great recipe for cinnamon rolls!"

"Great! Please share."

"I lied, let's talk about waffles."

"Uh, no thanks"
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

HINT: this goes further to prove there was no collusion.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Jason wrote:I thought everyone was saying Trump Jr. met with some from the Russian government...

"Hey, I have some information about your opponent that you really should know. Proves she is either lying or a criminal."

"OK, I will listen."

Then nothing came of it.
If you think she wasn't working with the government, congrats on buying the usual Russian line of bull. Putin could use you on retainer.

Trump Jr took a meeting under the pretense it was with a Russian government attorney who had dirt on a political opponent.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:HINT: this goes further to prove there was no collusion.
HINT: You should write for RT. You're the American voice Putin needs.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:"I have a great recipe for cinnamon rolls!"

"Great! Please share."

"I lied, let's talk about waffles."

"Uh, no thanks"
you should really think about just talking about waffles, instead of the current path you're on. :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

*meeting*

HINT: It is buying crack when it's from a foreign government. Trump Jr. operated under pretense it was from foreign government. Not that hard to get.
Last edited by Headhunter on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It's not robbery if you break into the safe and there's nothing in it!

The defenses get more and more laughable.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

*meeting*

approaching supposed members of foreign governments for dirt on a political opponent in your own country's election seems like it should be illegal, if it's not.

is it illegal to sit on said information, knowing that it is happening?
Why should it?

Let me give an example. You are the head of the United Empire of Zombie. As head of the UEZ you have had many negative encounters with the current administration of the USA. One of the candidates in the upcoming election is a comrade and former member of the hostile administration. You have information regarding corruption of both the current administration and the candidate.

The relationship is so toxic you do not have open channels of communication. You reach out to the other candidate saying you have evidence of corruption. Would that candidate be wise to listen? Why exactly should listening be illegal? Do you see how making it illegal could be problematic. It is like saying you should only report workplace rapes to the boss of the person who raped you.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:

"OK, I will listen."

Then nothing came of it.
I guess CNN was right. It's just a nothingburger. :)