Recently Watched Movies

You can talk about anything here
Monster
Charter Member

Re: Recently Watched Movies

Post by Monster »

You remember the scene where the creepers hand fell from the sky? They showed the whole scene. A man with a machete running from the Creeper flags down the truck before the Creeper snatches him up into the air. A moment later the machete falls followed by the hand. Then it jumps forward to the police station following the events of the first movie. The cops are inspecting the back of the truck full of bodies. the spikes come down and impales a cop's arm. The hunters turn up and recruit the sergeant. i think after that it went to the old woman talking to the ghost of her son ( the guy who had been driving the truck at the beginning) and he tells her to get the hell out of there before the Creeper comes back. hope that helps. my memory is for shit.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

And your right about the lack of resolution. What the hell? Nobody's story had a satisfying ending.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Monster wrote:You remember the scene where the creepers hand fell from the sky? They showed the whole scene. A man with a machete running from the Creeper flags down the truck before the Creeper snatches him up into the air. A moment later the machete falls followed by the hand. Then it jumps forward to the police station following the events of the first movie. The cops are inspecting the back of the truck full of bodies. the spikes come down and impales a cop's arm. The hunters turn up and recruit the sergeant. i think after that it went to the old woman talking to the ghost of her son ( the guy who had been driving the truck at the beginning) and he tells her to get the hell out of there before the Creeper comes back. hope that helps. my memory is for shit.
Excellent, thanks!

So, that means that Kenny (Meg Fosters son) and his girlfriend were the couple sewed into The Creepers mural in part 1.
Last edited by Havok on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Havok wrote:
Monster wrote:You remember the scene where the creepers hand fell from the sky? They showed the whole scene. A man with a machete running from the Creeper flags down the truck before the Creeper snatches him up into the air. A moment later the machete falls followed by the hand. Then it jumps forward to the police station following the events of the first movie. The cops are inspecting the back of the truck full of bodies. the spikes come down and impales a cop's arm. The hunters turn up and recruit the sergeant. i think after that it went to the old woman talking to the ghost of her son ( the guy who had been driving the truck at the beginning) and he tells her to get the hell out of there before the Creeper comes back. hope that helps. my memory is for shit.
Excellent, thanks!

So, that means that Kenny (Meg Fosters son) and his girlfriend were the couple sewed into The Creepers mural in part 1.
There's one scene I forgot to add. A pair of cops towing the truck to the impound when the creeper lands on it. they stop, get out and gawk as he uses his new force powers to drive the truck away with him on top smelling them. A moment later the truck comes back. All they can see is the headlights but they hear his wings flapping. So they're looking up trying to spot him when he lands and snatches one of them. The lady cop pulls her gun and points it at his head but he wags his finger at her and she's too scared to shoot. Then he flies off with the first cop.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Kingsmen - Golden Circle

I quite liked this. The plot is bonkers but it kind of plays out well. The random Cameo by Elton John is ridiculous. But funny.

Plus Hanna Alström reappears. Sexy as ever.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Just watched Kingsman: Golden Circle too (with a friend who's one of the big fans I referred to last night. His birthday, his choice.).

Yeah, it's pretty bonkers, but about as fun as the second half of the first movie, so that's good. Doesn't end as great as the first though.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Just watched Kingsman: Golden Circle too (with a friend who's one of the big fans I referred to last night. His birthday, his choice.).

Yeah, it's pretty bonkers, but about as fun as the second half of the first movie, so that's good. Doesn't end as great as the first though.
Swedish Princess at least has stuck around after the ending of the first, making it less awful in my eyes. :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Blade Runner 2049

Great, though a bit long. But the theatre was strangely warm so I might've noticed the length due to the discomfort. Hans did not disappoint channelling that Vangelis vibe, I was worried he was going to phone it in since he hopped on last minute.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Spider-man Homecoming - Enjoyed it, thought Micheal Keaton was a perfectly cast Vulture and he killed it.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Thor: Ragnarock

Candidatefir film of the year there. Fucking loved it!
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

Havok wrote:Mother!

Can't really go into that much detail on this one, but it's about a woman and a man who live in a house in the middle of nowhere. The man is a writer suffering from writers block and out of the blue people start to show up at the house which upsets the woman and proceeds to cause her emotional damage as the film progresses.

This is a very metaphorical, almost surreal in it's dark storytelling. I wouldn't straight out call it a Horror film, but some of the scenes that take place are rather visceral and to the point. Even though I thought the characters and subtext was easy to understand, this still might be one of those films that could end up having a different interpretation to whoever is watching it.

It's an interesting watch, that's for certain. Almost felt like watching somebody's fever dream come to life. That or Darren Aronofsky wanted to recreate an expressionism Art piece the likes of a Fernando Arrabal movie.
I found it to be an interesting watch and I would go with Art piece , that’s my impression
It was easy to understand
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:Thor: Ragnarock

Loved it, but pretty sure not candidate of the year for me :P

Cate Blanchett....dat ass
Deadbydawn
Charter Member

Post by Deadbydawn »

By far my fav MCU movie...ever...yah i said it.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:

Loved it, but pretty sure not candidate of the year for me :P

Cate Blanchett....dat ass
Incredible. Very sexy.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Superhero movies... borrrrrrrrrrrrrrring
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:Superhero movies... borrrrrrrrrrrrrrring
Only to the boring :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri ................. A

Terrific Dark Comedy/Drama, Frances McDormand is fucking incredible in this, and Sam Rockwell is probably the ace in the hole (Woody is also good). The content is dark as fuck, but the dialogue is so sharp and witty, the shit some of the characters say is fucking hilarious. Wouldn't be surprised if this is among the awards circles this year, especially Best Actress, Supporting Actor and Original Screenplay. Probably Picture too.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jason wrote:Superhero movies... borrrrrrrrrrrrrrring
Only to the boring :P
Could be true.

I'll let you have that one. :p
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Oh, Samara Weaving from The Babysitter is in Three Billboards...

Still hot, thought not as smoke'n hot as she was in The Babysitter, probably due to being a brunette this time around.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Thor Ragnorok

Buddy is in town from the military and wanted me to see it with him. Not too shabby. The humor was half actual funny and half cringe, which is better than I expected. Best part of the movie by far was "Point Break". I loved the use of Immigrant Song, but they're whiffing on golden opportunities to utilize God Of Thunder, by KISS.