Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:From my vantage point, it seems that the best option is just to stop calling others disingenuous in these political discussions. Not only are you showing more respect for your fellow posters and perhaps even increase your productivity in here by engaging seriously with their dissenting viewpoints instead of dismissing it as manufactured and making everything a non-starter. Also, you won't have me roasting your ass for 10 pages every time you do it, which you insist you'll match in kind by asking me over and over why I don't like you. That sounds messy.

Feels like Option A, everyone wins. Option B, everyone loses. Your call!
Uhh, if I feel like you're being disingenuous, I'm gonna tell you. You accused me of being a pussy and not respecting your opinion, which isn't the case. In fact, it's the opposite. You're not respecting mine.
Real galaxy brain stuff here. You accusing everyone of being insincere when they disagree with you --- totally respectful. You truly inhabit a planet of one, average IQ of 69.

Nice to know you're going to continue to disrespect everyone here because your Trump-fried brain can't accept dissenting opinions. I'll bury you every time you do, I promise. And again, it's not just me. This concerns everyone whose opinion you have so little respect for.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:From my vantage point, it seems that the best option is just to stop calling others disingenuous in these political discussions. Not only are you showing more respect for your fellow posters and perhaps even increase your productivity in here by engaging seriously with their dissenting viewpoints instead of dismissing it as manufactured and making everything a non-starter. Also, you won't have me roasting your ass for 10 pages every time you do it, which you insist you'll match in kind by asking me over and over why I don't like you. That sounds messy.

Uhh, if I feel like you're being disingenuous, I'm gonna tell you. You accused me of being a pussy and not respecting your opinion, which isn't the case. In fact, it's the opposite. You're not respecting mine.
Real galaxy brain stuff here. You accusing everyone of being insincere when they disagree with you --- totally respectful. You truly inhabit a planet of one, average IQ of 69.

Nice to know you're going to continue to disrespect everyone here because your Trump-fried brain can't accept dissenting opinions. I'll bury you every time you do, I promise. And again, it's not just me. This concerns everyone whose opinion you have so little respect for.
Close. You're only 93 points off. My official IQ is 162. Did a test for fun at a place in L.A. in October, but I don't believe in that stuff. And I have no interest in mensa.

I'm sorry you're offended that I'm calling you out for being disingenuous, but pretending to be a hero for everyone who ever existed on HMF is unbecoming.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

"You're not respecting mine".

Oh, I respect it. I acknowledge all the absolutely inane, insane shit you believe. I don't deny you believe any of it. I don't agree with any of it, but I know it's genuine. There is not a single person who frequents this board who you can say the same about, for you everyone is being disingenuous because it's impossible that anyone would have a genuinely negative opinion of your cockmaster, Trump. How comforting it must be to exist in a world where you're the one reliable narrator, and everyone else is simply spewing agenda-driven bullshit. The universe revolves around you, Jason. We're merely pawns in your game, and that game is being the most correct political pundit evarrrr.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

Close. You're only 93 points off. My official IQ is 162. Did a test for fun at a place in L.A. in October, but I don't believe in that stuff. And I have no interest in mensa.

I'm sorry you're offended that I'm calling you out for being disingenuous, but pretending to be a hero for everyone who ever existed on HMF is unbecoming.
Lmao you actually put your IQ up here, and then immediately downplay it like you didn't want to address it? God what an insufferable thing to do.

I'm not a hero. I just respect members of this board enough to accept their arguments at face value. You don't.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'm fairly certain you forgot why you came back to HMF with such disdain for me, as evident by your brief response by saying it was political and deflecting. I could accuse you of saying you know why you returned with disdain for me and that you just won't say, but I truly don't believe that to be the case. I think that over the years of us arguing like this, you simply forgot, and the nature of our relationship, how we discuss things and pride on the matter will not allow you to bend. You're going to stick to your guns to the very end and I respect that. I just don't log on much and was hoping for closure on this years-long, ridiculous feud now that we started another argument. If you prefer privacy about your disdain for me and would rather PM, I would love it and it would be very big of you to do. If not, I also respect that. I'm just tired of arguing nonsense.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Lmao you actually put your IQ up here, and then immediately downplay it like you didn't want to address it? God what an insufferable thing to do.
I agree. And no, I didn't want to address it and never would have if you didn't insult me. But yes, it did feel good to throw my actual IQ in your face when you brought it into the discussion as another means of being insulting to me.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:I'm fairly certain you forgot why you came back to HMF with such disdain for me, as evident by your brief response by saying it was political and deflecting. I could accuse you of saying you know why you returned with disdain for me and that you just won't say, but I truly don't believe that to be the case. I think that over the years of us arguing like this, you simply forgot, and the nature of our relationship, how we discuss things and pride on the matter will not allow you to bend. You're going to stick to your guns to the very end and I respect that. I just don't log on much and was hoping for closure on this years-long, ridiculous feud now that we started another argument. If you prefer privacy about your disdain for me and would rather PM, I would love it and it would be very big of you to do. If not, I also respect that. I'm just tired of arguing nonsense.
You're still going? I gave you what you asked for, you just don't like it. Sorry, too bad, can't do anything for you. Meanwhile, you haven't given an inch on the issue of "Nobody but me is sincere". Just denial. Deflection. So please don't give me a spiel about pride and not bending. You do an objectively shitty thing all the time and won't acknowledge it because I had the gall to point it out. Like I said, this is your universe, Jason. We're merely pawns in your game of achieving perfect political understanding, sent to trip you up with insincere and disingenuous arguments about the obviously perfect Donald Trump. Go Jason go!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Lmao you actually put your IQ up here, and then immediately downplay it like you didn't want to address it? God what an insufferable thing to do.
I agree. And no, I didn't want to address it and never would have if you didn't insult me. But yes, it did feel good to throw my actual IQ in your face when you brought it into the discussion as another means of being insulting to me.
It felt good because you're an absolute tool who does absolute tool things, like bring up your IQ and shrug it off within five words.

Way to go, Mr. Smarty Pants. The smartest person in your world of one. The rest of us are projections, sent to bombard you with insincere arguments disputing your perfect level of political knowledge.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote: You're still going? I gave you what you asked for, you just don't like it. Sorry, too bad, can't do anything for you. Meanwhile, you haven't given an inch on the issue of "Nobody but me is sincere". Just denial. Deflection.
I'm perfectly willing to give a mile on the issue. But you're wanting me to address accusations of things I never once said. All I can do is deny it, to which you throw a fit. Or throw your logic back in your face. "That's your interpretation. Too bad so sad" or whatever...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
It felt good because you're an absolute tool who does absolute tool things, like bring up your IQ and shrug it off within five words.

Way to go, Mr. Smarty Pants. The smartest person in your world of one. The rest of us are projections, sent to bombard you with insincere arguments disputing your perfect level of political knowledge.
You brought up IQ as a means of childish insult, u big dummy!

If it makes you feel better, your IQ must be at least 700 since I am so inferior and stupid compared to you.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote: You're still going? I gave you what you asked for, you just don't like it. Sorry, too bad, can't do anything for you. Meanwhile, you haven't given an inch on the issue of "Nobody but me is sincere". Just denial. Deflection.
I'm perfectly willing to give a mile on the issue. But you're wanting me to address accusations of things I never once said. All I can do is deny it, to which you throw a fit. Or throw your logic back in your face. "That's your interpretation. Too bad so sad" or whatever...
Well, forgive my confusion! I figured when you constantly address others' arguments by calling them disingenuous, that means that you're calling others' arguments disingenuous. Please, tell me what I'm missing.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

You brought up IQ as a means of childish insult, u big dummy!

If it makes you feel better, your IQ must be at least 700 since I am so inferior and stupid compared to you.
Have you achieved total political enlightenment in spite of all of HMF's dastardly attempts to trip you up with insincere, disingenuous arguments? Let us know when you've reached the highest plane.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Well, forgive my confusion! I figured when you constantly address others' arguments by calling them disingenuous, that means that you're calling others' arguments disingenuous. Please, tell me what I'm missing.
It's pointless. You won't bend. You can have the last word on the matter. Insult me, pretend to be a hero for the entire board and protect them from evil Los Jason, I don't care. I have shit to do.

We had another heated discussion. And not that you care, but I do want you to know that I don't think any less of you.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
It's pointless. You won't bend. You can have the last word on the matter. Insult me, pretend to be a hero for the entire board and protect them from evil Los Jason, I don't care. I have shit to do.

We had another heated discussion. And not that you care, but I do want you to know that I don't think any less of you.
I already did bend on what you asked of me. Now I'm asking you to help me understand the difference between "calling others disingenuous" and the apparently completely distinct "calling others disingenuous".

You're just a blowhard trapped in a world of delusion who can't even come to grips with how little regard he has for anyone else's capacity to think. Absolutely pathetic the way you've danced around this topic tonight, in total denial. And please know, I will live up to my promise if you continue to do this shit. So consider not doing this shit, please.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

And if you really wanted to show how much you supposedly think of me, don't react to my dissenting political arguments by calling them disingenuous. A fairly simple concept, except apparently for galaxy brain 162 IQ Trump cum-guzzling Jason.
Last edited by Headhunter on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I'm pretty sure Seb came up with this....but definitely words to live by in this thread. "Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat."

I'll admit, I have talked to Jason about the whole Head/jason feud. I'm not going to say what we talked about, but he genuinely is confused by why Head doesn't like him. I'll admit, I was a little baffled by it too Now, having said that, Jason and I feud all the time in these political threads. But he's my friend and it took me some time to get that 99% of the time he is just fuckin' around. I cant stand that he supports Trump, and he cant stand that I hate Trump. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. And Head.....well, even when I disagree with him, I think he is uber smart and I like the way he thinks. When we have disagreed, he's always been cool and funny about it. I'd love to sit down, at a bar, and talk about this shit together. I know we would all get along. Sometimes, with talking online, we dont get the "intent" that the other person is trying to convey. My mom always said to befriend your enemies. You will have more in common than just religion or politics.

I dunno. I disagree with Jason's take a lot. I agree with Head a lot. But both you motherfuckers are my fam, ya know? I hate seeing you guys go at it. All I know is, I've never met you guys in person, but I'll take a bullet for yall.

It's funny, because two of the people that have always reached out to me have been Dream and Foo. Two people from totally different backgrounds and opinions. But they have always had my back.

I hope that makes sense. In the p&r threads, D and Zombs have been the most "balanced" in these threads. D doesn't chime in much, but he is not brainwashed into taking sides. He is the definition of not taking sides, but calls bullshit if he must. Zombs, always gives a cool perspective and is always fair when he addresses opposing opinions.

Reign.....well even when I disagree with him, he cracks me the fuck up. Lol.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jmac Attack wrote:I'm pretty sure Seb came up with this....but definitely words to live by in this thread. "Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat."

I'll admit, I have talked to Jason about the whole Head/jason feud. I'm not going to say what we talked about, but he genuinely is confused by why Head doesn't like him. I'll admit, I was a little baffled by it too Now, having said that, Jason and I feud all the time in these political threads. But he's my friend and it took me some time to get that 99% of the time he is just fuckin' around. I cant stand that he supports Trump, and he cant stand that I hate Trump. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. And Head.....well, even when I disagree with him, I think he is uber smart and I like the way he thinks. When we have disagreed, he's always been cool and funny about it. I'd love to sit down, at a bar, and talk about this shit together. I know we would all get along. Sometimes, with talking online, we dont get the "intent" that the other person is trying to convey. My mom always said to befriend your enemies. You will have more in common than just religion or politics.

I dunno. I disagree with Jason's take a lot. I agree with Head a lot. But both you motherfuckers are my fam, ya know? I hate seeing you guys go at it. All I know is, I've never met you guys in person, but I'll take a bullet for yall.

It's funny, because two of the people that have always reached out to me have been Dream and Foo. Two people from totally different backgrounds and opinions. But they have always had my back.

I hope that makes sense. In the p&r threads, D and Zombs have been the most "balanced" in these threads. D doesn't chime in much, but he is not brainwashed into taking sides. He is the definition of not taking sides, but calls bullshit if he must. Zombs, always gives a cool perspective and is always fair when he addresses opposing opinions.

To be clear, I don't begrudge you reaching out to him whatsoever. That's you being the good dude you are.

I got love for you and everyone else. I just don't fuck with Jason, sorry but there's really nothing to be done there. Even if I'm the only one who sees it, my view is that he doesn't respect anyone's capacity to think for themselves except his own and it's evident to me time and time again. If others don't see that, it is what it is. He can mock me and call me a "hero" all he wants, but I don't need affirmation from the rest of you to call that shit out because I genuinely think it's fucked up and he does it all the time. And I want it to stop. And he refuses to even acknowledge it, possibly because I'm the one pointing it out.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

For my part, I don't deny I can be a fucking asshole. I'm fairly certain every member here has thought it on multiple occasions, and I don't take that personally, that's just calling a spade a spade. And I think sometimes when I'm "demanding" in arguments with people here and trying to pull stuff out of them, that can be misconstrued as being an asshole. But that skepticism is certainly well-earned. But that's what I like to do in these threads. I like to press and challenge and take people to the limits of their logic if I can. It's all love and sharing knowledge and everyone becoming smarter in the process.

Obviously everything with Jason is gross and a different story. With the history, it's always going to take a different form than anything else. I'm not going to put every bit of that on myself though, I'm just not. Because even when I've attempted to make good-faith arguments and share my perspective, usually with a historical lean, he responds in kind by mocking me. Shitting all over me. Letting me know with a laugh that I've wasted my time even making an effort. And that fucking sucks. I share the things I share because I think people will find them interesting, if not agreeable. I love learning new things and I do find some joy in being "professor" when I feel like I can enrich other people with knowledge. I learn from all of you in kind and it's a wonderful thing. So I'm sorry, but I'm not going to sit back and take 100% of the blame for escalation when he's thoroughly enjoyed sticking the knife in plenty of times. The "I don't know why this is happening to me" bit with him is so fucking fake. He does not respect me any more than I respect him. It is what it is.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Headhunter wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:I'm pretty sure Seb came up with this....but definitely words to live by in this thread. "Forum rules

To be clear, I don't begrudge you reaching out to him whatsoever. That's you being the good dude you are.

I got love for you and everyone else. I just don't fuck with Jason, sorry but there's really nothing to be done there. Even if I'm the only one who sees it, my view is that he doesn't respect anyone's capacity to think for themselves except his own and it's evident to me time and time again. If others don't see that, it is what it is. He can mock me and call me a "hero" all he wants, but I don't need affirmation from the rest of you to call that shit out because I genuinely think it's fucked up and he does it all the time. And I want it to stop. And he refuses to even acknowledge it, possibly because I'm the one pointing it out.
I reached out to him because I could tell it was bothering him. He's reached out to me in the past, when he could tell something was wrong with me.....actually several times. It's my duty to do the same. If you seemed hurt by him, I'd reach out to you too. But I think he genuinely was pretty hurt by some things you said to him. I hope you guys can settle this.

Btw....you're the very reason why I've taken a more libertarian route. You've influenced my outlook on politics, heavily. You're probably as influential on my political thoughts as my own mother. No lie. I need you to help me battle Jason and Foo when he comes back. Lol. You and Jason are my Yin and Yang.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Seems noteworthy that Trump fired the pandemic response team a couple years ago to cut costs and never replaced them.

Trump has fucked this up in so many ways it’s almost incomprehensible.
The failures are both short term and long term with cuts to everything that would now be useful, inaction when action was needed and failure to use the time given widely. Such a wholesale mess which would be fine if it didn’t likely mean millions infected and thousands dying. This idea too of him postponing action to limit the spread because it would invalidate his claim this is just like the flu and to keep calm is so asinine it defies belief. Latest is they won’t do anything until Jared finishes his book report on COVID-19
Jared? Please don’t tell me you mean Kushner
I do. Word is no aides will recommend stronger measures until Kushner delivers a report of some sort.