Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Jmac Attack »

I never thought that in my lifetime, I'd have a president Trump, AND be worried about a pandemic. Times are weird. I might have to cancel shows.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Well this wasn’t 6 pages of substantive debate about vectorscand mortality rates and government measures I was expecting to read.

FWIW I think J-MAC is a cunt. Don’t you dare tell me he’s the nicest guy on the boards and not me you fucks. :P

Now, I haven’t got any energy to opine on you two but I will say, I do think it’s missing the point when my opinion is dismissed as disinformation and that I’m smarter than that about actual facts and statements I put on here. That’s all I’ll go with.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:I never thought that in my lifetime, I'd have a president Trump, AND be worried about a pandemic. Times are weird. I might have to cancel shows.
Might?! Buddy cancel that shit now unless you play to crowds of 4 or fewer.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:I never thought that in my lifetime, I'd have a president Trump, AND be worried about a pandemic. Times are weird. I might have to cancel shows.
My state has cancelled any events that has over 100 people.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
My state has cancelled any events that has over 100 people.
Guidance here is 20+

I’d cancel and be safe if it was me but you’re the musician. Gotta do what you gotta do.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Our snail pace of testing is baffling to me I saw even Tucker on Fox was criticizing our incompetence. Also China right now is trying to distance themselves from this thing when it is 100% their fault and I really don't care what you call it because this whole name thing is fucking stupid and only helps China with their propaganda program
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:Our snail pace of testing is baffling to me I saw even Tucker on Fox was criticizing our incompetence. Also China right now is trying to distance themselves from this thing when it is 100% their fault and I really don't care what you call it because this whole name thing is fucking stupid and only helps China with their propaganda program
What’s with the China bashing? This is a global pandemic nota Chinese issue.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Our snail pace of testing is baffling to me I saw even Tucker on Fox was criticizing our incompetence. Also China right now is trying to distance themselves from this thing when it is 100% their fault and I really don't care what you call it because this whole name thing is fucking stupid and only helps China with their propaganda program
China is putting out that the U.S. started this virus and released it in Wuhan. It is a global pandemic that originated in and was covered up by China.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
China is putting out that the U.S. started this virus and released it in Wuhan. It is a global pandemic that originated in and was covered up by China.
What difference does that make though. Branding it Chinese just adds to a strong level of racism and xenophobia already present and isn’t really an accurate point.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
What difference does that make though. Branding it Chinese just adds to a strong level of racism and xenophobia already present and isn’t really an accurate point.
You want our government to take responsibility for handling a situation but not the government of the country that started the situation. It's ok for people to believe a lie as long as the lie is against us. I'm sure if it started here you would say this isn't Trumps or American fault.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
why is china branding it as america's fault, if not for that very reason? is their point accurate?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Huh? I think Tigg was criticizing the Chinese Government, not the Chinese people. They are blaming our government now. Does that make them racist? I dont get it lol.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Facts cannot by definition be racist or xenophobic because they are facts. Lying and saying the virus came from the United States is xenophobic but that doesn't matter to the media or far left because facts just get in the way of narrative.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Also not coincidence that the Chinese government started putting out the "America did it" narrative as soon as the media and far left started the "that's racist and xenophobic" bullshit they love to spew
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I am scared to death for my parents.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
You want our government to take responsibility for handling a situation but not the government of the country that started the situation. It's ok for people to believe a lie as long as the lie is against us. I'm sure if it started here you would say this isn't Trumps or American fault.
Where something like this starts isn’t really the point at all. It was always going to spread. What the governments do to respond is what matters.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
why is china branding it as america's fault, if not for that very reason? is their point accurate?
Literally never heard anything to that effect. At all. So maybe this is a US point?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Literally never heard anything to that effect. At all. So maybe this is a US point?
so you're saying that the united states media is telling us falsely that china is blaming us for the outbreak?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

This is the reason.

zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

to be clear, seb's right. it doesn't really matter where it came from at this point. pointing fingers isn't going to make anything better. but that goes for all sides. if it's not okay to point at china and where they fell short and how much they're to blame. then it's also not okay to point at the united states and where we fall short and how much we're to blame. it's either bad to do it to anyone, or it's fair to do it to everyone. you can't have it both ways.